PlusNet

39%
36%
43%
46%
Summary: Do NOT touch Plusnet
September 6th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 6th, 2017)
Paid (weeks before my transfer date) a year's line rental in advance to move to Plusnet. All went well until, at the start of the second month, they started charging me for line rental (which I'd already paid).
It is well-nigh impossible to get through on either their phone or chat lines and they refuse to give an e-mail address. To stop them double-charging me I had to cancel my debit. Shortly after that they first messed up then totally cut off my service and it took 4 days of constantly hanging on the phone listening to their deafeningly loud muzak (and 4 of their agents) before I got one who could actually sort out the issue (instead of simply saying it was sorted).
I contacted their CEO (andy.baker@plus.net) to complain but no-one at Plusnet would accept that their systems are seriously flawed or that their customer service is unacceptably bad.
Eventually my contract came to an end but Plusnet even messed up my transfer out, putting a cease order on my line which took 3 weeks to resolve. During that time I had to pay Plusnet's extortionate 'no contract' price to keep my connection alive.
When the service was working the connection speed was very good (for my line).
Review Ratings
Summary: Good value and fair
August 20th, 2017 (Last Edited: August 20th, 2017)
I was with Plusnet for 4 years now. Mostly we had a good experience, especially considering the low price. Now changing to Andrew & Arnolds (AA) because of a move and good service/reviews.

The initial setup was painful and took a lot longer than anticipated: The originally promised 3 weeks became 6 weeks in the end - not sure if their fault or BT/OpenReach.

Using ADSL2, speeds were not at the maximum 18 Mbit at the beginning, often only around 10, but over time the maximum speed got better and since a long time now is reliabily close to the top range. Important hint: Call Plusnet to unlock your upload, which lingered at 300kbit before I got the full 1Mbit, and blocked download speeds via overhead.

There have been not many outages, and if so mostly for a short period at night (unannounced maintenance?). Recently, there were a few weeks where router lost sync multiple times a day. After calling the support hotline, I changed a few advanced DSL settings on my FritzBox router and could fix the problem that way. Something in the copper wire must have gotten funny.

Support seems competent enough and very friendly, but the waiting times can be too long (last time more than 1 hour).

I liked about them that they never bothered to implement the government internet filter, and that they just informed me about copyright infrigment notifications without giving the requesting party any of my details or committing to any action on their side. A provider that is your friend, and not the big guy's one.

For the cheap price they did an alright job I think, certainly not perfect, but that is not expected. Was happy with them.
Review Ratings
Summary: Plusnet
July 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: July 16th, 2017)
My review is that PlusNet is reliable, and I wouldnt consider changing anything. Thank you
Review Ratings
Summary: Don't trust them
July 1st, 2017 (Last Edited: July 1st, 2017)
Repeatedly increased their fees and were happy to charge me an extra amount that I was not aware of.
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid
May 29th, 2017 (Last Edited: May 29th, 2017)
Avoid! this is the worst service provider, they blocking my broadband speed to 0,2Mb/s at weekend time and 7am-11pm for the rest of the week (first 30 days was 20Mb/s) traffic shaping , earlier termination fee ‎£43