Sponsored

94%
93%
92%
90%
Summary: Outstanding
January 5th, 2018 (Last Edited: January 5th, 2018)
I have dealt with many independent and major ISPs over the years, the best of which was BE Broadband. I recently switched two very different sites to Uno - one in London and another in a very remote rural location. The changeover was seemless in both locations with updates provided regularly until completed.

At the remote rural site, there were terrible line noise problems (inherited from BT's stewardship of the line) which also resulted in appalling broadband. Uno responded to a support request on a Sunday evening and an Openreach engineer attended within 48 hours. Despite the engineer declaring that there were no issues, Uno refused to close the fault with Openreach and arranged a further visit from an engineer who again declared that there was no fault. If this had been BT, they and I would have given up at this point but Uno persisted and escalated the issue at Openreach. The next morning a more experienced engineer was sent out who identified several line faults within minutes. Such dogged pursuit of Openreach and committed Customer Support is to be applauded.

The customer portal is friendly, detailed and unlike BT, Sky and other large corporate players it does not try and force you to buy crappy add-ons that you don't need.

Overall I cannot recommend this company's services enough. Well done Uno!
Review Ratings
Summary: Unhelpful
September 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 1st, 2017)
I switched to Uno after the collapse of Fast.co.uk. The setup was relatively painless and quick but the support is terrible.

I have a long line that has intermittent issues. With Fast getting this solved was one phone call, they kept at Openreach until the issue was solved.

However Uno don't want to know, I log a call as the line disconnects 50 times a day and I get told BT cannot find a fault on my line .. simply because during the 2 mins of testing it behaves itself.

I will be finding a new ISP that supports its customers rather than its suppliers.

----------------------------------

ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by uno Follows (DO NOT REMOVE) Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

It's sad to hear of the problems this customer has had, however, we do not support Openreach and/or suppliers in accepting this as the norm.

If after all our testing and where the cause of any fault cannot be determined or service testing as faulty we offer an engineer visit. That response clearly explains that no fault remotely could be detected and as such, an engineer has to be arranged as per standard process that any provider would need to follow. We have a lot of monitoring in place, the majority of which can be seen in the customer portal.

Depending on the fault reported, testing is certainly never in the region of minutes and an issue is never ruled out after such little time

We do invite this customer to get in touch to discuss this in more detail as we believe that our response has been misconstrued compared to our actual intentions.

--------------------------------

How can a line that disconnects 20 times an hour *not* be faulty?

Give me a name and number to contact .. please don't say the support desk as I have been around this issue too many times with them now.
Review Ratings
Summary: First class
August 22nd, 2017 (Last Edited: August 22nd, 2017)
I've been using Uno Broadband Talk Surf (ADSL) for the past 16 months. The only reason I'm leaving is that Talk Fibre isn't available where I live.

Pros: excellent support, good value (~£23/month), cheap PAYG calls, used TT Business so I could tweak the SNR on my router to get 17Mbps, free web hosting with PHP and a MySql database.

Cons: website looks a bit dated - could do with being made responsive (not that it affects the service) and Talk Fibre coverage is limited.
Review Ratings
Summary: Nightmare isp
April 26th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 26th, 2017)

Moved to uno from demon
First problem was the line dropped a lot and when my billion router tried to reinstate the pppoa session uno would reject it for being too quick. Had to buy a new router and still problems had to put router into bridge mode and install edge router to do the pppoa session then I noticed that the way they handle public ip addresses is odd in essence your outgoing ip address is your pppoa address not your public address and this can cause issues if you provide remote support to business users.

Finally they cut me off because someone told them I was attacking other sites they ignored my emails and could not verify these accusations and the company that reported me wanted me to pay them money to get a copy of the alleged report I googled this company and they have an appalling reputation and yet uno believed them rather than me and I had virus checked everything twice and my firewall logs showed no outgoing attacks I am now seeking compensation from them and looking to move isp

ISPreview Approved 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by Uno Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

We had received reports from various sources indicating that the customers connection was sending malicious traffic to other hosts on the internet.

One report was from BitNinja which hosts and other server operators run and automatically feed their raw logs. When BitNinja process all these logs, they find common patterns and source hosts for malicious traffic.

This customers IP was first seen back in February 2017 but as the activity increased overtime, we started receiving logs of reports. Not just aggregated ones from BitNinja but from independent people also.

Contacting the customer we advised we would need to hear from them within 24 hours which we did not then a further notice a day later saying the reports had continued and as we had no response, suspended after 36 hours.

It is the last resort we take but until this morning we had no contact only after the service was suspended. We will work with the customer now they are in touch to resolve.
Review Ratings
Summary: Good ADSL service
February 17th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 17th, 2017)
Migrated to Uno Talk Surf from Phone Co-op ADSL in June 2016. No real problem with Phone Co-op but free migration to Uno as I was on Talktalk line, slightly cheaper service and much cheaper phone calls with no connection charges. My local cabinet was due to be updated in a few month's time, so changed to Uno to hopefully upgrade to their 'coming soon' Talk Surf Fibre.

Slight problem with 1471 service not available after transfer, but this was sorted quickly and efficiently. Support from Uno and its website is excellent with rapid responses even late at night. Generally very pleased with Uno.

My local cabinet was upgraded to FTTC at the end of September, however Uno still unable to give start date for their Talk Surf Fibre service. After waiting a couple of years for fibre to be available I decided to migrate to Cloudscape in October 2016.

In the end I was a bit disappointed with Uno for advertising a service that's 'coming soon' throughout 2016, that is still not available now (Feb 17). Also surprised by cancellation fees from Uno, not clearly set out on their website and the amount charged was more than expected for a 30 day contract.

Another slight annoyance is that Uno websites lists all prices without VAT included, this is not clearly apparent when you first visit the website, just something to be aware of when comparing prices.

Had their Talk Surf Fibre service been available (at a reasonable price) I'm sure I would still be with Uno now.
Sponsored