Sponsored

90%
87%
91%
90%
Summary: Blazing Fast Fibre Broadband
June 18th, 2018 (Last Edited: June 18th, 2018)
I recently moved apartments and since my last provider EE didn't have fibre option at my new address, i decided to switch. Found out that my new block is hyperoptic enabled. Immediately rang my friend who has been using hyperoptic for last 2 years to know his experience and he not only recommended me for its excellent service but also sent me a referral link which gave both of us £50 statement credit. You can use amarnath21@gmail.com if you want referral. it's quite simple - Orders a 12 month subscription, selects 'I was referred' and submits my email address.

I started from hyperoptics website and it took me less than 5 minutes to complete my request. It was less than a week for me to move to my new apartment and they managed to find a slot for engineer to install my router on my move day so that i would have access to internet as soon as I move which was excellent. Also received all confirmation emails after placing order and on day of installation they kept me updated on the expected time to engineer arrival.

The installation process was very smooth and took less than 45 min and was done very professionally including discreetly surface - mounting the
white cabling to the socket to make it look very smart. Within 5 minutes of the installation, internet was up and running.

I am only on 30 Mbps which costs me only £15 a month as they offered 10% spring discount on top of £50 referral but in my experience so far it's performance is better than 50+ Mbps i have been with Sky, BT and EE in the past. It gives me close to 30 Mbps download speed as promised without any drop-offs.

Another plus point - Hyperoptics installed dual-band ZTE HyperHub router offers 2 wireless frequencies, 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. You will see a separate Wi-Fi network (SSID) for each band when you view available networks on your device.

Review Ratings
Summary: Very Bad Experience, Slow Speeds and Internet Goes Down (not reliable)
May 13th, 2018 (Last Edited: May 13th, 2018)
Not Happy & Would NOT Recommend: Ongoing Problems Develop Over Time
(I have to use tether 4G iPhone connection to write this as HyperOptic is again not working)
HyperOptic were installed in our block in Westminster and after HyperOptic initially cancelled the installation, eventually it was installed. All worked fine to begin with but then the problems started to develop.
Interestingly, after many years with Talk Talk on normal copper wire broadband, these problems never happened, and that was with Talk Talk(!).
Firstly, the HyperOptic Internet connection comes in and out, and HyperOptic speeds move up and down. The signal strength on Wifi for a device next to to the router moves in and out.
Then, more problems develop. The Internet goes down for no reason. This has happened a few times now and usually in the morning. The Customer Service team just make excuses, like it is something to do with my iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Windows laptop, Amazon Fire Stick, Echo Dot etc.
Then the speed slows down dramatically, to slower than my old broadband with Talk Talk. Websites don't load up quickly at all.
HyperOptic make ongoing excuses, like it is the Wifi router that they provided (yeah... right!), and it is the 2.5 Mhz or the 5 Mhx Wifi channels impacting one another (then why does your Wifi router offer both?).
I worry why the Internet is so unreliable and slow with HyperOpic. I worry that they utilise the network differently over night and in the morning, redirecting capacity.
I would not not recommend the HyperOptic service. The problems continue and are painful to deal with their Customer Service.
I know this sounds odd but as soon as I can get out of my contract, I will go back to Talk Talk(!).
Review Ratings
Summary: Best ISP yet
March 25th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 18th, 2016)
Best ISP I've ever had over the last 17 years.

Edited to say that now after 6 months my 1Gb broadband is still rock solid great.

The only thing that needs improvement is they need to offer a better router with the latest Wifi technology as their current Hyperhub only gives speeds of 80Mb over wifi, which I suppose is fine if you have the 100Mb package.

I've bought an Access Point just to boost my home wifi, now getting up to 500Mb, usually 400-450Mb.

Ethrnet speeds are great at 750-900Mb, and latency times of 3ms to local servers around Birmingham-Manchester, 7ms to London, 14-17ms to west EU servers.
Review Ratings
Summary: Improved via another Router
August 15th, 2015 (Last Edited: August 30th, 2015)
I now use Hyperhub as a modem, and a NETGEAR router. WIFI speeds are about 200mbps. Pleased with the improvement.

---------
Having read several positive reviews here, I had eagerly ordered the 1GB fibre optic plan this month.

Am quite disappointed with the Installation process & New Customer assistance until now - across service, support & performance.

a) Day of Installation:
Was told would be activated within about 1hr after cabling, on a Friday morning. Wired walls, socket provided, & cabled but no service until 9pm Fri evening. On pursuing, I was told an earliest Monday start - ie all weekend down. Unacceptable, so after much pleading, they activated me Fri 9.30pm

b) Speeds:
For a 1G product, am seeing just 94mb on cable at speedtest.hyperoptic, & pending an engineer visit only next week, having raised the issue a week ago, ie 2 week wait period for a visit.

c) Support:
Well someone does pick up the phone every time, or emails me responses. We politely go through every possible check & test. However nobody has resolved the core issue of failing speeds as yet.

d) Availability:
Engineers are fully booked at least 2-3 weeks ahead. Rather impossible to slot in urgent visits for critical issues that do not have telephone resolution.

My block has had several subscribers over the past year. Am hoping I am able to see near 1G speeds on cable & amend this review.

Until now, Hyperoptic just feels hyped without the 1G optic.

1G still a mirage at my apartment.

Am hoping I am served by Hyperoptic & return to amend this review as soon as if/when I see 1G speeds on cable.

St George Wharf
SW8 London
Review Ratings
Summary: Bravo!
January 16th, 2015 (Last Edited: January 16th, 2015)
Extremely stable network and bandwidth! Super caring and fast responding customer service. All 10! I am recommending this company to all my friends. A legendary company like this deserves to grow big and strong!
Sponsored