Sponsored

52%
57%
70%
68%
Summary: Not great
March 27th, 2018 (Last Edited: March 27th, 2018)
Poor service, which works OK during off-peak hours but lags and stalls badly during peak hours.

Downlink speed is generally fine (except during peak hours) but uplink is significantly slower than both previous ISP's (BT & Sky respectively) at all times.

Vodafone's own fibre modem/router is reasonable but doesn't allow much customisation. Vodafone will at least provide credentials for PPPoE which means you can use alternative equipment.

It's cheap, but unusable during peak hours.
Review Ratings
Summary: Very good
September 29th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 29th, 2017)
Switched to Vodafone from TalkTalk. Massive speed improvement, 37/9 even on evening peak.
Review Ratings
Summary: Happy customer so far
August 30th, 2017 (Last Edited: August 30th, 2017)
Moved to Vodafone 76mbps package from BT Infinity 2. BT's obfuscated billing drove me away. Vodafone package is £30/mth for 18 months, no additional line rental - simple!

Switchover was seamless. There was a little variation in sync speeds and latency initially, but this has now settled down. I have a slightly slower sync than I was getting with BT, but never any disconnections. Syncing at 62mbps or so, so downloading around 58 and upload of 20. Ping about 9ms.

I am using the supplied router for DHCP and modem purposes only, all devices come in via a separate wireless access point. Some people have reported that the Vodafone router can't handle more than a few wireless connections - I have had no such issues, but of course I'm not using its wireless facility. I contacted Vodafone customer services via live chat to get my authentication details, which they will provide if you quote an Openreach-approved router that you want to switch to. Now I'm using the Vodafone router as stated above, this is no longer required, but good to know you can use your own equipment if preferred.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent so far
March 2nd, 2017 (Last Edited: April 20th, 2017)
I have recently moved from BT after their shambolic raising of prices mid contract for the third time in 18 months. It was a bit of a gamble trying Vodafone, but one that has paid off. Everything went smoothly, only 30 mins of outage on the day of change over.
My daughters were always complaining about the BT wifi, but the Vodafone router and wifi is so much better, stronger signal all over the house.
Speed is at the max, 40mbps and zero drop outs.
Long may this continue
**Update** A couple of months on and it has been working perfectly all that time. No complaints here.
Review Ratings
Summary: Thinking of moving to Vodafone? Don't do it!
January 15th, 2017 (Last Edited: January 15th, 2017)
My experience of the Vodafone broadband and home phone service:

• Ordering the service took multiple attempts due to website issues.
• Several days later Vodafone cancelled the order after sending me a router.
• I called them and it was an error on their side, so they re-ordered the service including evening and weekend calls package.
• They sent me another router.
• Service was transferred from Sky. Phone seemed ok, but no broadband.
• Broadband turned out to be a BT issue that took 2 days to get sorted out.
• I spoke to their Customer Services who offered a 2 month refund on my rental.
• I received a bill. Vodafone were charging for time when I had no service.
• They had also debited my account for a sum, then credited it back for less.
• I didn’t have the evening and weekend calls package I ordered.
• Also, no refund on my rental.
• I then also found out that my service doesn’t have voicemail, despite the fact it was, and still is, advertised as having voicemail.

All the above happened in October / November last year. It has been reported, none of it has been fixed.

Finally I wrote to their CEO and got back a letter advising me to call their Tech support to solve my service interruptions. I have not complained about “service interruptions”.

The router they supply is junk. Wireless clients lose connectivity to wired devices like printer, NAS. The router still sees them all, but they cannot communicate without restarting the router. They won’t provide you with the username and password so that you can provide your own router.

Broadband performance is poor. I have the 38/10Mbps service. Performance was good initially, but now is generally around 20Mbps but can go as low as 7Mbps downstream. Upstream is usually OK, but I don’t upload a great deal.

I absolutely regret moving to Vodafone, both from the perspective of a rubbish service and equally bad “customer service”.

My advice would be “don’t do it”. The 8 weeks from my original written complaint is up soon, so I will be going to Ombudsman Services and hope I can get out of the contract.
Sponsored