AAISP

Summary: Transfer
September 19th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 19th, 2017)
I've just transferred to AAISP, and everything went flawlessly, with useful informative messages throughout. The only query was instantly responded to there and then on the phone.

So far, no problems with the line or setup.

Any issues with speed will be due to the line from me to the cabinet, not AAISP.

Not the cheapest, but provides features I would like and are keeping up to date (eg. IPv6 support out of the box).
Review Ratings
Summary: Fantastically helpful where others won’t even bother trying
September 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 16th, 2017)
Got a line fluctuation with BT? Good luck with that, in my experience you’ll need it. The same issue with Andrews and Arnold and they won’t let the issue go until it’s fixed.

Throughput on their network is excellent, dropped packets are rare and even measured proactively by their team. Support is equally excellent, with none of the nonsense about trying to break through 1st line support to speak to someone that understands what you are saying.

All in all excellent.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent
August 29th, 2017 (Last Edited: August 29th, 2017)
There's something to be said when you view your internet provider like it doesn't really exist. This is how it should be done.

Very happy with the previous 12 months of service, support and the multitude of ways to get in touch, including IRC is a breath of fresh air.

Now the value is the question, and by far the most subjective. I, like many others just want the internet to work and not have to deal with problems, but if and when they arise the details aren't hidden through some obscure generic messages or untrained first line support. I praise AA highly in this regard and therefore a high value rating.

I've purposefully removed two points off value because I believe they should have larger packages than 1TB, there's a 2TB package but the pricing is a big step up if you only use a small percentage extra. I've relayed this to sales and they will take it into consideration.

Would I recommend AAISP? Absolutely. If the internet is important to you and price isn't a high factor in your decision making, you'll get your money's worth and a great team to back it up.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Company
August 18th, 2017 (Last Edited: August 18th, 2017)
Really impressed with AAISP. They managed to sort everything seamlessly when my direct neighbours are still having BT problems.
Great tech support and sales team. Very happy and worth paying more for.
Am finding the 150gb allowance restrictive, hope that increases as top ups will be a significant extra cost over time.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent so far but the 100GB limit is (was) too low (UPDATED REVIEW)
December 23rd, 2015 (Last Edited: August 14th, 2017)
I switched to AA after many years with PlusNet. The day I switched, BT decide to upgrade my local exchange to ADSL2+. It took me about a week to realise that it wasn't the switch to AA that gave me a much needed speed boost but the highly coincidental exchange upgrade.

No problems with AA so far. I like the dashboard controls and the ability to monitor usage and line performance - very nice features.

My only gripe is that in an Apple dominated household with iCloud, Photos, iTunes, iPhones, etc, the basic 100GB limit is NOT enough. I'd be happy paying £25pm for a more reasonable 200GB. I would urge AA to seriously consider increasing this, otherwise I may have to switch back to (the now much faster) unlimited PlusNet after my minimum contract period expires.
---
Two years later....and after a house move, back with AA again and now on FTTC with a slightly better 150GB monthly limit. The overall value proposition is much better if you take AA's VOIP service taking call costs and line rental into account. Therefore I have increased the value rating from 5 to 9. VOIP is excellent and AA's customer service is as outstanding as ever.