Sponsored

AAISP

Summary: Recently Joined
July 13th, 2018 (Last Edited: July 13th, 2018)
Been with A@A for about a month and can say it has been an excellent choice. For the previous X years we had been with an award winning ISP but felt to need a change.

We have the very latest ONT BT Fibre to the Home fitted and that gave us not many option (no copper provided). BT or A@A maybe Skype but don't know, A@A being the only people that could supply VOIP, as the standard phone lines could only be tricked into working by Openreach in the exchange (typical BT...)

Yes the cost is a bit higher than BT etc with its discounts but that would soon be negated after the usual contract period ends.

After dealing with the really helpful sales team and making sure I/we wanted to go down the VOIP route we took the plunge - why did we take so long??? Even spoke with Gigaset and a sales manager in Zxkel before final decision who said that A@A know their stuff........they do and stick with their pre-configured router ec.

The service support team is relaxed and very knowledgeable without the usual what is your blood group type GDRP questioning (which is gone to an extreme with most firms now) when you chat to them.

We had an issue with the 5GHz stream from the Zxkel dropping out but after some tweaks a replacement was sent out and the issues have gone. Would prefer an antennae'd router with a bit more style but it is very functional for what we use it for.

We also use VOIP with Gigaset and whilst having used VOIP in a corporate setting before never used in a home setting. After a bit of a learning curve the clarity and ease of use is un-compromised compared to the usual Panasonic BT digital phones.

Speed is the fastest A@A offer and is consistent after having ADSL for the last X years what a joy.

So why have I dropped a star and not made all 10 out of 10.

Service is 9 due to not using this much - so really not known.

Support a 10 well due to knowledge base of products and relaxed approach - could have full weekend cover though.

Speed limited to 10 80down 20up so could be faster if you are a gamer - but for us consistent and fast enough - we have 200GB data limit per month so that and the costs drop value to a 9.

This is really nit picking though and we are really pleased with the route we have taken and not landed with a BT package.

Wouldn't change what we have decided upon and you can upgrade any handsets from the basic one provided.

HIGHLY Recommended
Review Ratings
Summary: Recent convert to AAISP
July 12th, 2018 (Last Edited: July 12th, 2018)
I have recently moved to AAISP from a well-known major telecomms provider who no longer supply what I want - stable broadband (which works as well as possible) in my rural location on the edge of a village , not particularly close to my exchange but not miles away either. I chose the basic "Home" package over copper with an allowance of 200 Gb/month. The entire experience has been excellent from first sales call to a fully working service. OK there was a problem with the first router supplied as part of the package, but the problem was swiftly identified and fixed at no cost to me. I was confident that I was getting appropriate, expert help in spite of my limited technical knowledge

I've been particularly impressed with the way in which my calls with Service have been smoothly and transparently handled by more than one individual engineer - no long catch-up back stories required.

The other aspect of the AAISP service which impresses me is the scope of the meticulously recorded, up-to-date information about my service which is readily available to me at any time online.

It's not the cheapest service (doesn't claim to be) but offers superb value combining stability with speed and first-rate support.
Review Ratings
Summary: Why did I take so long?
June 16th, 2018 (Last Edited: June 16th, 2018)
We had an A&A connection on a business number before we moved a few years ago. I had planned to get a second line to the new house for this purpose, so implemented a temporary solution to the existing number (Sky ADSL). Over the years, this moved first to BT Infinity and then Plusnet. as Openreach demanded money with menaces for that second line!

The final straw was Plusnet throttling the connection, to the point where you could almost see each electron going up the wire.

I went back to A&A, with VOIP as well. Over a year later, my only regrets are that I didn't do it earlier and why did I keep the Openreach modem? That was changed to a ZyXel
recently.

The line is stable, speeds are better, all the staff are very responsive and know what they're doing.

Yes, they aren't the cheapest on the block, but you get the service you pay for.

Recommended.

Summary: AAISP
June 14th, 2018 (Last Edited: June 14th, 2018)
They know what they are doing, provide clear information, respond quickly to support requests and provide a reliable service. What more do you need?
Summary: AAISP
May 22nd, 2018 (Last Edited: May 22nd, 2018)
I have been with Andrews & Arnold for ten plus years with two lines running a basic ADSL service. Our rural exchange was recently upgraded to FTTC so I arranged with A&A for both lines to be upgraded to VDSL.

We were away for a while after the lines were upgraded and on our return I noticed that one line was noticeably slower than the other and at times was unstable. I contacted A&A support. After two months and at least seven visits by various Openreach engineers, the problem has finally been solved with several bridge taps on the line from lightning protectors now removed on the last visit from an engineer and a coach and the line is at last stable and as fast as can be expected given my distance from the fibre cabinet.

We would not have arrived at this solution without the persistence of A&A support in chasing BT/Openreach until they took effective action.
Sponsored