AAISP

Summary: Excellent so far but the 100GB limit is (was) too low (UPDATE 2)
December 23rd, 2015 (Last Edited: October 30th, 2017)
I switched to AA after many years with PlusNet. The day I switched, BT decide to upgrade my local exchange to ADSL2+. It took me about a week to realise that it wasn't the switch to AA that gave me a much needed speed boost but the highly coincidental exchange upgrade.

No problems with AA so far. I like the dashboard controls and the ability to monitor usage and line performance - very nice features.

My only gripe is that in an Apple dominated household with iCloud, Photos, iTunes, iPhones, etc, the basic 100GB limit is NOT enough. I'd be happy paying £25pm for a more reasonable 200GB. I would urge AA to seriously consider increasing this, otherwise I may have to switch back to (the now much faster) unlimited PlusNet after my minimum contract period expires.
---
Two years later....and after a house move, back with AA again and now on FTTC with a slightly better 150GB monthly limit. The overall value proposition is much better if you take AA's VOIP service taking call costs and line rental into account. Therefore I have increased the value rating from 5 to 9. VOIP is excellent and AA's customer service is as outstanding as ever.
---
Now with a new rolling carry-over scheme of ½ of your unused bandwidth. AAISP continues to get better and better.
Review Ratings
Summary: You get what you pay for
October 26th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 26th, 2017)
It has been said before but I will say it again. With A&A you get what you pay for.

The speed is excellent. The reliability is superb. Support is near perfect. Sure their is no 24 hour phone support but out of hours I got help on IRC, which I only had to use once just after signing up.

Support are UK based and know what they are doing.

I love the static IP address and the fact A&A don't prohibit running home based servers. In my case email and Nextcloud.

The control panel is great. Visibility of your service I doubt you would get anywhere else.

I am on the 1TB package which is plenty for me even with the wife consuming a lot of on demand video.

The bill is more than the rivals but it is worth it for sure.

Would I recommend A&A to others? Yes I would.
Review Ratings
Summary: Top rate.
October 15th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 15th, 2017)
I have only been with Andrews and Arnold for a month, after a torrid time at BT. Since ordering from them everything has been absolutely top rate. Extremely helpful and friendly staff, who speak English with an English accent that I can understand. Everything was done promptly and efficiently, and the broadband has worked without a hitch since. Highly recommended.
Review Ratings
Summary: Fabulous
October 8th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 8th, 2017)
I use AAISP at two properties, and find them impeccable. Moved from another tech-orientated UK ISP several years ago for the ipv6 access.

Like most UK ISPs, A&A provide services over BT's backhaul network. Expected line speeds are therefore in line with other UK ISP estimates. However do not be deceived - what counts more is the core ISP-run network your packets traverse once they get through the DSL circuit. Here A&A shine. Experience with other ISPs is that latency can vary depending on time of day/day of week, both through ISP applied QOS, and contention in their own backbone networks. Not so with A&A, speeds and latencies remain largely consistent at all times.

Things I like:

- ipv6 access
- fabulous visibility of bandwidth consumption etc. through web interface
- access to ppp logs
- responsive and capable support
- Shibboleet compliance

All in all, bravo!
Review Ratings
Summary: Yes you pay more but you get more!
October 6th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 6th, 2017)
I've been using them since September and I'm very happy with the service so far, and I choose them mostly because I know they are a serious provider.

I use internet mostly for Netflix, work and playing League of Legends and I was very surprised to see low latency.

I was a bit worried about the limited bandwidth in the beginning but that end up not being an issue and they also recently released a new feature where you carry half of the unused bandwidth to the next month, which is great if you have a month where you are travelling more and then a month where you are watching more Netflix at home ;)

Interesting story: they accidentally moved my original installation date due to a communication mistake, then I called and told them I wasn't happy about this, they apologised and offered me the router for free (-£25) and did their best to book the installation as soon as possible with Openreach.

Yes you pay more than a normal connection but you get an excellent service and great support if something goes wrong (never happened actually)