AAISP

Summary: Excellent so far but the 100GB limit is (was) too low (UPDATED REVIEW)
December 23rd, 2015 (Last Edited: August 14th, 2017)
I switched to AA after many years with PlusNet. The day I switched, BT decide to upgrade my local exchange to ADSL2+. It took me about a week to realise that it wasn't the switch to AA that gave me a much needed speed boost but the highly coincidental exchange upgrade.

No problems with AA so far. I like the dashboard controls and the ability to monitor usage and line performance - very nice features.

My only gripe is that in an Apple dominated household with iCloud, Photos, iTunes, iPhones, etc, the basic 100GB limit is NOT enough. I'd be happy paying £25pm for a more reasonable 200GB. I would urge AA to seriously consider increasing this, otherwise I may have to switch back to (the now much faster) unlimited PlusNet after my minimum contract period expires.
---
Two years later....and after a house move, back with AA again and now on FTTC with a slightly better 150GB monthly limit. The overall value proposition is much better if you take AA's VOIP service taking call costs and line rental into account. Therefore I have increased the value rating from 5 to 9. VOIP is excellent and AA's customer service is as outstanding as ever.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great ISP, could be priced more competitively
August 3rd, 2017 (Last Edited: August 3rd, 2017)
I've been generally pleased with the service that AAISP have provided. Their support is fantastic, the technicians really know what they're talking about.

The amount of analytics and settings available on your line is phenomenal. If you like graphs, this is the ISP for you. There's a comprehensive stream of data relating to adjustments on the line, outages (if there are any), and support tickets, which are cross referenced where appropriate. For example updates on support tickets, and other communications are marked on the graphs that show line statistics (up/down rate, latency, failures etc).

The only downside is the price. I'd be happy to pay more than other providers for the level of support and customer care that AAISP provide, but I'd expect an unmetered line. £45/m is too much in my opinion for a home fibre connection that's capped at 150GB down. When your usage exceeds the cap, you can either drop the connection, top up by 50GB, or "go slow" which slows the connection down to 2ish meg and starts consuming the data allowance for next month. The router AAISP provide does have provisions for attaching a 4G modem which you can failover to, but I didn't bother doing that.

I've decided to move to another provider that offers unlimited data, at a lower cost. Were AAISP to decide on removing their data cap (or increasing it significantly) then I'd certainly consider switching back, even at the higher price, but until then I've decided that I could get better value elsewhere.
Review Ratings
Summary: Poor service and misleading claims
July 23rd, 2017 (Last Edited: July 23rd, 2017)
I like many probably read all the great reviews and joined and initial things were good with the service.

Of late, it has been pee poor. Outages in the day with their mds blog stating they've got people in to help try and fix it. I don't see why they do not have their own certified engineers.

What is more galling is that they call asking how the service is, which is fine but then asking to leave a review on this site - seems desperate. Misleading to think they have all happy customers if this is being done within a few weeks of going live and hardly me going of my own volition. I declined.

Since their outage I have had no service. They have blamed my router (which was working fine) and has been replaced at further cost me. No real support at the weekend in the evening or today leading to more losses.

The performance is ok, when it works but slower than my previous provder and the outages make it not worth the money.

Sorry to the people at aa but I wouldn't recommend.
Review Ratings
Summary: Simply the best
July 20th, 2017 (Last Edited: July 20th, 2017)
I've always chosen A&A and always said it's like having a friend or family member who also happens to run an ISP.

Friendly, ethical, transparent and top performers in all aspects (a copper line can only go so fast, but I know I'm getting the best I can).

I recently chose them again over a 300mbit connection on Virgin's new PON fiber network, because you don't get service and support like this anywhere else.

My only hope is that they can lower their prices in the future as they grow.

Summary: A big thank you to Andrews and Arnold
July 19th, 2017 (Last Edited: July 19th, 2017)
This company is amazing. Having been with two other broadband suppliers and dealing with their totally annoying and useless call centres for years and years a friend recommended this company and what a difference. Not only do you speak straight to their incredibly knowledgeable and efficient engineers, but they actually sort out the problem for you straight away. Living in the country my broadband before was constantly crashing and with my previous suppliers I’d be going round and round in circles with their call centres getting a nervous breakdown whilst not actually getting anywhere - all the time.
A perfect example of Andrews and Arnold’s efficiency; fibre recently came to my village and they were immediately on the case in connecting me, I was upgraded from a download of 1.6 to 46.0 megabits (wow). Three weeks later the others in the village with different, but well known providers, are still waiting and waiting and waiting...

So a very big thank you to Andrews and Arnold.