Sponsored

AAISP

Summary: Personal service and amazing tech
March 28th, 2018 (Last Edited: March 28th, 2018)
As a freelancer IT Consultant working from home I rely on having a reliable internet service at home. Andrews and Arnold were recommended to me by a friend and I have not been disappointed.

There was a slight hiccup with the initial order form, but when I phoned up I got straight through to someone who knew what they were talking about and fixed the problem immediately - this actually made me more confident about them not less.

The migration from my old ISP was seamless and EXACTLY on time. The comms from A&A were excellent through (both via email and SMS).

The router they provided just worked out of the box, but as a techie I was amazed to find a wealth of technical features and options that I could tweak if I wanted to.

The migration of my phone number from POTS to VOIP was also seamless. I had thought that using VOIP for phone calls might be problematic but it has been remarkably smooth and really had no impact on the reliability of quality of calls.

They aren't cheap compared to other providers - but actually for the level of service they provide I think it is remarkable how small the difference is. Definitely good value.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent
March 27th, 2018 (Last Edited: March 27th, 2018)
It is clear that this ISP is run by people who actually know what they are doing.
Review Ratings
Summary: Worth the extra
March 7th, 2018 (Last Edited: March 7th, 2018)
I can only re-iterate what has been said before - not the cheapest but the level of service is worth it. I have been with AA since 2002 as a domestic ADSL customer and the only problems I have had have been due to BT. I recently moved to FTTP and had a few set up questions, these were dealt with promptly and efficiently and everything is now working fine. Cannot fault AA in terms of support (or anything else for that matter).
Review Ratings
Summary: Outstanding service and worth the extra
February 16th, 2018 (Last Edited: February 16th, 2018)
Having lost the will to live with BT I decided to move to AAISP based on reviews that I had read. I have 2 ADSL lines from BT, one which connected at 12Mb and the other at 8Mb. BT simply weren't interested trying to improve the speed of the second line which was clearly only connecting at ADSL 1 speeds despite my first line connecting at ADSL 2+. Having spoken to the AAISP sales team, they assured me that they could get the second line sorted out plus I could cancel the phone line service on that line with BT and switch to their 'copper pair' service which would reduce the line costs. Bargain! Switch over was a breeze, both lines were now in training and immediately syncing at 15Mb. Next thing I know I get a mail from their support folks telling me about high packet loss on one line. They suggested a modem change and dropped one of their standard devices in the post. Installed it and errors were eliminated. When was the last time your ISP got in touch proactively to help sort out a problem you didn't know about? Been with AA now for over 1 month and have switched one line to Annex M to get faster upstream (I work from home so this helps a lot with video conferencing etc) and I've seen both line speeds improve by about 2Mb more to a steady state now. All the reporting and data that you get to see is super cool and the level of control over your line is impressive. So, in summary, really happy I made the move to an ISP that actually knows what they are doing. Although they are a bit more expensive than most and yes there is a usage cap I'm getting connection and throughput speeds now that are dramatically faster than with BT on the same copper and can actually talk to someone when I need to. Highly recommend AAISP
Review Ratings
Summary: New to AAISP
February 14th, 2018 (Last Edited: February 14th, 2018)
I've been waiting quite some time to justify the extra cost of moving to A&A, and now that I've moved to a new build with FTTP, I've jumped on board.

Sales were great, with a single point of contact helping me keep an eye on when I'd be ready to order, and working around some registration issues on BTW's side.

There have been some BT network issues in my local area, which A&A have been quick to identify and support.

It's extremely useful and interesting (cool) to have low-level access to line statistics, activity and diagnostics tools.

I've never been one for going cheap on my internet connection (triple play? no thanks!) and you really do get what you pay for. The only downside is I'm now having to keep an eye on my usage, having come from an unlimited 80/20 service.
Sponsored