AAISP

Summary: Transfer
September 19th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 19th, 2017)
I've just transferred to AAISP, and everything went flawlessly, with useful informative messages throughout. The only query was instantly responded to there and then on the phone.

So far, no problems with the line or setup.

Any issues with speed will be due to the line from me to the cabinet, not AAISP.

Not the cheapest, but provides features I would like and are keeping up to date (eg. IPv6 support out of the box).
Review Ratings
Summary: Fantastically helpful where others won’t even bother trying
September 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 16th, 2017)
Got a line fluctuation with BT? Good luck with that, in my experience you’ll need it. The same issue with Andrews and Arnold and they won’t let the issue go until it’s fixed.

Throughput on their network is excellent, dropped packets are rare and even measured proactively by their team. Support is equally excellent, with none of the nonsense about trying to break through 1st line support to speak to someone that understands what you are saying.

All in all excellent.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent
August 29th, 2017 (Last Edited: August 29th, 2017)
There's something to be said when you view your internet provider like it doesn't really exist. This is how it should be done.

Very happy with the previous 12 months of service, support and the multitude of ways to get in touch, including IRC is a breath of fresh air.

Now the value is the question, and by far the most subjective. I, like many others just want the internet to work and not have to deal with problems, but if and when they arise the details aren't hidden through some obscure generic messages or untrained first line support. I praise AA highly in this regard and therefore a high value rating.

I've purposefully removed two points off value because I believe they should have larger packages than 1TB, there's a 2TB package but the pricing is a big step up if you only use a small percentage extra. I've relayed this to sales and they will take it into consideration.

Would I recommend AAISP? Absolutely. If the internet is important to you and price isn't a high factor in your decision making, you'll get your money's worth and a great team to back it up.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Company
August 18th, 2017 (Last Edited: August 18th, 2017)
Really impressed with AAISP. They managed to sort everything seamlessly when my direct neighbours are still having BT problems.
Great tech support and sales team. Very happy and worth paying more for.
Am finding the 150gb allowance restrictive, hope that increases as top ups will be a significant extra cost over time.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great ISP, could be priced more competitively
August 3rd, 2017 (Last Edited: August 3rd, 2017)
I've been generally pleased with the service that AAISP have provided. Their support is fantastic, the technicians really know what they're talking about.

The amount of analytics and settings available on your line is phenomenal. If you like graphs, this is the ISP for you. There's a comprehensive stream of data relating to adjustments on the line, outages (if there are any), and support tickets, which are cross referenced where appropriate. For example updates on support tickets, and other communications are marked on the graphs that show line statistics (up/down rate, latency, failures etc).

The only downside is the price. I'd be happy to pay more than other providers for the level of support and customer care that AAISP provide, but I'd expect an unmetered line. £45/m is too much in my opinion for a home fibre connection that's capped at 150GB down. When your usage exceeds the cap, you can either drop the connection, top up by 50GB, or "go slow" which slows the connection down to 2ish meg and starts consuming the data allowance for next month. The router AAISP provide does have provisions for attaching a 4G modem which you can failover to, but I didn't bother doing that.

I've decided to move to another provider that offers unlimited data, at a lower cost. Were AAISP to decide on removing their data cap (or increasing it significantly) then I'd certainly consider switching back, even at the higher price, but until then I've decided that I could get better value elsewhere.