AAISP

Summary: Top Quality ISP
July 3rd, 2017 (Last Edited: July 3rd, 2017)
AAISP is a provider for people who care that little bit more about their internet connection. They provide a huge amount of access to monitor and investigate things on your own and back that up with knowledgeable staff if there's anything you can't sort out for yourself. If you're in any way interested in understanding what's actually going on with your broadband, these guys will help out with it.

They're a world apart from 'regular' ISPs and I can't recommend them highly enough. Granted, they are not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for and AAISP are definitely worth it.
Review Ratings
Summary: Best all round provider
July 3rd, 2017 (Last Edited: July 3rd, 2017)
AA provides an ideal service. Broadband is always as fast as possible, and orders of magnitude better than any other provider in my area, especially during heavily congested times.
Review Ratings
Summary: So much better than Sky
June 29th, 2017 (Last Edited: June 29th, 2017)
I was a Sky customer for a number of years.
Initially I was tempted to switch to another ISP just to stop giving money to Rupert Murdoch.
But I have to say, switching to A&A has really been great so far (3 months). It's fast, the customer service is really good and I feel a lot better about not giving my money to an evil billionaire.

Some details :

I was able to get recommendations about what package to go for through the A&A irc channel, no phone call required.

After my line was installed, I was getting disconnected quite often (lost carrier). That was sorted with a couple of email. Again no hotline to another country, no time or money wasted on the phone.

The price is a bit more expensive (45£ a month) but through fiber (FTTC) whereas I was paying 38£ with Sky without any special TV package (no payed channel) and only with basic ADSL.
I haven't checked the equivalent offer with Sky, but that would probably been about the same, expect it would have taken 3 months to get it ( that's how long it took them to install the line 5 years ago).

The connection with A&A is about 4 times faster in latency and about 4 to 5 times more bandwidth (FTTC is probably doing most of the magic here).
The main difference being that once the lost carrier iasue fixed I hardly get a couple of minutes of down time a month (you get automatic notifications from A&A) whereas Sky would disconnect me for a few hours or a day on a regular basis (no explanation given)

No regrets.
Review Ratings
Summary: Best provider
June 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: June 28th, 2017)
Only been with A & A a short while but found IT exceptional any problems sorted out while on telephone line. Setup of FTTP just as was stated on initial order timescale was spot on 2 to 3 weeks, it would appear you get what you pay for in the end.
Review Ratings
Summary: They're great
June 23rd, 2017 (Last Edited: June 23rd, 2017)
since I'm new there have been a few queries from my side, but I've always been answered quickly and competently by an expert - even on topics they anticipated without me asking. Wish I'd switched earlier.