Sponsored

AAISP

Summary: Top rate.
October 15th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 15th, 2017)
I have only been with Andrews and Arnold for a month, after a torrid time at BT. Since ordering from them everything has been absolutely top rate. Extremely helpful and friendly staff, who speak English with an English accent that I can understand. Everything was done promptly and efficiently, and the broadband has worked without a hitch since. Highly recommended.
Review Ratings
Summary: Fabulous
October 8th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 8th, 2017)
I use AAISP at two properties, and find them impeccable. Moved from another tech-orientated UK ISP several years ago for the ipv6 access.

Like most UK ISPs, A&A provide services over BT's backhaul network. Expected line speeds are therefore in line with other UK ISP estimates. However do not be deceived - what counts more is the core ISP-run network your packets traverse once they get through the DSL circuit. Here A&A shine. Experience with other ISPs is that latency can vary depending on time of day/day of week, both through ISP applied QOS, and contention in their own backbone networks. Not so with A&A, speeds and latencies remain largely consistent at all times.

Things I like:

- ipv6 access
- fabulous visibility of bandwidth consumption etc. through web interface
- access to ppp logs
- responsive and capable support
- Shibboleet compliance

All in all, bravo!
Review Ratings
Summary: Yes you pay more but you get more!
October 6th, 2017 (Last Edited: October 6th, 2017)
I've been using them since September and I'm very happy with the service so far, and I choose them mostly because I know they are a serious provider.

I use internet mostly for Netflix, work and playing League of Legends and I was very surprised to see low latency.

I was a bit worried about the limited bandwidth in the beginning but that end up not being an issue and they also recently released a new feature where you carry half of the unused bandwidth to the next month, which is great if you have a month where you are travelling more and then a month where you are watching more Netflix at home ;)

Interesting story: they accidentally moved my original installation date due to a communication mistake, then I called and told them I wasn't happy about this, they apologised and offered me the router for free (-£25) and did their best to book the installation as soon as possible with Openreach.

Yes you pay more than a normal connection but you get an excellent service and great support if something goes wrong (never happened actually)
Review Ratings
Summary: this is the only ISP you should use
October 2nd, 2017 (Last Edited: October 2nd, 2017)
I've used a&a for many years, and they've never let me down.

I moved into a new place 6 months ago and decided to use a&a for my company. I use the Soho::1 2TiB service.

I started off with 65Mbps with 20ms latency... over time they made improvements and now I get 75Mbps with 10ms latency.

I asked for a /28 IPv4 address subnet after hours and got it within minutes. Same for setting rDNS on some IPs.

As of 1 October 2017, my maximum quota has also been doubled to 4TiB in a month; whatever I don't use is halved and added onto 2TiB next month. It's cumulative, and adds up to a maximum of 4TiB quota. They also did something similar on the Home::1 service. See:

Of course, as always, this quota only applies to downloading. Uploading is *unmetered*. You can upload as much as you want on a&a, so it's perfect for servers. I personally run several web/mail servers and other services on my a&a line.

Nothing beats AAISP.

I even get a text message alert when my line goes down. That rarely happens, though, and it's usually only for a few minutes.

I run my own GNU+Linux based router on my line, so that I can more easily set up a customized network. My LAN consists of public IPs, without a NAT. a&a provided me with the IPs that I needed for this!

My service is also uncensored so I can access whatever sites I want, and this ISP is dedicated to freedom. This includes resistance to spying. For instance, they use FireBrick routers in their datacenter. While these are proprietary (and I wouldn't recommend them to the public), a&a has the source code for them since the director of the company also runs the FireBrick company so unlike most ISPs, a&a also has more autonomy over their own network.
(of course, for anyone using a&a I would recommend using a GNU+Linux based router, or OpenBSD/FreeBSD)

Unlike most ISPs, a&a is not against running servers or custom routers.

But you want to know what REALLY makes a&a amazing?

IRC BASED TECHNICAL SUPPORT!
And PGP signed invoices sent via email every month.

a&a is pricy, don't get me wrong, but the service is TOP NOTCH. It simply cannot be beaten on quality. And honestly, it's not that expensive. It's worth every penny :)

If you're a home user and you don't need more than a single IPv4 address (a&a also provides IPv6 subnets by default), then you could use the cheaper Home::1 1TiB service. Personally though, I recommend the Soho::1 2TiB service, since on that one you can get IPv4 subnets.
Review Ratings
Summary: active assistance
September 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: September 28th, 2017)
I opened an account with Andrews & Arnold when my previous ISP Fast.co suddenly ceased to provide a broadband service. They signed me up without delay and provided an immediate broadband connection. Their charges were not substantially more than my previous service. Since then I've had no problems with the broadband service.

More recently I decided to buy a VoIP 'phone service from A&A, again because my existing service from New Call came to an end and I was arbitrarily switched to PO Telecoms who insisted on a fixed contract period at a higher price. As a complete innocent in electronic equipment and connections I received a lot of assistance in setting up VoIP which is now installed and working entirely to my satisfaction.

All my contacts with A&A staff have been swiftly made and very helpful.
Sponsored