Sponsored

AAISP

Summary: Excellent Service With A Fair Price
February 15th, 2012 (Last Edited: August 15th, 2013)
I think there is a divide in the current ISP market, both in providers and consumers.

On the one hand we have consumers who are looking for the best value for a service (that most people consider to be as essential as electricity and water supplies) much like how they shop around for their gas and electricity. This generates a tier of providers who feel they need to compete on price alone, now there is nothing wrong with this market approach to ISP's and broadband and for a lot of people this is ideal.

On the other hand we have consumers who wish to get the best performance, technical support, features of service and cutting edge technology so that they can keep up with the curve with regards to broadband provision. As a result providers have catered to these more discerning (you could say picky) consumers.

AAISP Falls distinctly into the second type of ISP, they are all about providing the best possible service to their consumers. Be that in raw speed, technology, support or range of services.

They are happy to help their customers and even promise to fix your faulty line or give you a refund. The also have no problem standing up to BT and requesting engineer visits or multiple ones if required.

They have genuine technical knowledge and you can talk to someone who has an IT and telecom background, so if you are technically minded or work in the industry you are not stuck with 1st line style support. This does not mean you have to be a geek to get a service with them, far from it they are happy to support all levels of technical skill.

I think there will be a few complaints about the prices they charge or the pricing model that they use, I think it is a fair one and I think you can go back to the start of this review and see if you want an ISP who competes on price or service and support. I think this will be one of the times where you really do get what you pay for.

Blake.

Edit : 15/08/2013

I am in the process of moving into a new flat that had problems with not enough lines being provisioned when the build was refurbished. This took some back and forth with OpenReach (who did not want to talk to me) regarding when the lines would be installed. My sales contact at AAISP AA-Jam was excellent, provided good information and was very helpful throughout. I now have a target date for install and FTTC provision. Excellent service again from AAISP
Review Ratings
Summary: Fantastic
May 31st, 2013 (Last Edited: May 31st, 2013)
I've been with AAISP for a few years now and whenever I've had issues with the BT side of my connectivity AAISP and their incredibly helpful support staff have always gone out of their way to help resolve the issue.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent ISP
April 18th, 2013 (Last Edited: April 18th, 2013)
Having been with AAISP for nearly three years now, there is no doubt they are an excellent ISP. Sadly I have now left due to my usage starting to get higher and higher but if you can afford it for your level of usage and want a reliable service it is definitely worth it. I had a a fault with my line a few months ago and it was fixed very quickly and efficiently. When you email support you get a response from someone who knows what they are doing and it's quick. They are even really helpful when you are leaving! You get what you pay for and I would highly recommend.
Review Ratings
Summary: One to pick for when things go wrong
March 5th, 2013 (Last Edited: March 5th, 2013)
I picked AA ISP because of great reviews about the service provided.

They certainly aren't the cheapest and in an all-you-can-eat world, it seemed a step backwards to move to a peak usage pricing model. However, Internet access is so important that you want to know that someone will be there to fix it if it goes wrong.

For 6 months nothing went wrong: was it worth a little extra? The updates are well-composed and the CQM interface impressive. I was able to diagnose congestion we were generating on our network. Certainly more impressive than other providers.

But when a fault developed they showed how good they are. It was a BT fault. A quick chat over the phone to someone who would be third level support at any other ISP, a few tests and the fault was identified as BT fault. BT poked and problem fixed hours later when they replaced hardware at the exchange.

I can't help feeling that would have been a frustrating 7-day battle with one of the big name ISPs, and a great reason for using a company that believes in high levels of service and paying a little bit more for that.
Review Ratings
Summary: Nice to be back
February 25th, 2013 (Last Edited: February 25th, 2013)
I was with A&A up until 2009 when I moved away to Ireland...they were sorely missed. Unless you live in Dublin, Galway or Cork, Ireland's fixed line ADSL in rural areas (and a sizable percentage of the population live rurally) reminds me of the UK ADSL situation ten years ago. Eircom are the dominant provider and given their current financial state there's not much investment going on outside of very high density population areas.

I moved back to Scotland in January and immediately ordered A&A's Home::1 service. When the service went live my BRAS profile seemed to be stuck at 2MB despite the router syncing at ~8Mb/s. Given that I'm about 300 yards from the exchange this seemed a bit iffy and I expected a bit more than that (it's a 20CN Market 1 exchange so 8MB is the best to be expected). I emailed support and within three hours they had the issue resolved with BT...well done folks.

The level of transparency with regards to fault progress is also something other ISP's could learn from. It's quite nice to be able to watch A&A's interactions with BT in your online account.

Many of my friends don't understand why I pay £35/month (I have the 150GB high user add-on) for broadband - however *I* know exactly why I keep using A&A. I know stuff will get fixed and I know the service will be consistently fast and reliable 24x7.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, ADSL is important for me (I do a lot of work from home) and I just can't risk crappy customer service, drawn out break-fix times, congestion and incompetence from the "unlimited" tenner a month suppliers.

If you want ADSL done properly then there is no other reasonable choice of provider.
Sponsored