Sponsored

AAISP

Summary: Consistently good
April 16th, 2012 (Last Edited: April 16th, 2012)
I've been an AAISP customer now for several years, and in that time I've never ceased to be impressed with their dedication to providing the best service available.

Unlike some other ISPs there is no 'front line' stopping you talking to the people who know their stuff - it's not unusual to find yourself talking to the director! If it's possible to fix it they will, and if it's not they'll know exactly why. You're kept informed every step of the way - their online systems log *everything* - including conversations with BT (who are invariably trying to avoid doing any work, as usual).

They're not for everyone - if you're of a technical bent and want an ISP that will do what you want (IPV6 as standard, SMS notification, line monitoring, bonding, even stuff like BGP if you need it) then you'll love them. OTOH they charge a rate that reflects that level of service - this is no cheap and cheerful ISP.

They still offer the 'we'll fix your line or money back' promise which I believe they have never needed to pay out on. They're that good.

I would say though don't just believe a couple of reviews (we could all be paid to say this stuff - I'm not, but sometimes it sounds like it!) - It's well worth hopping onto the IRC channel & talking to current customers.
Review Ratings
Summary: Poor
April 13th, 2012 (Last Edited: April 13th, 2012)
I migrated to AAISP because of high customer service rating in a number of review, however I now regret it; I was not kept informed during the migration process, I only knew the line was being migrated when it went dead, two days later I had to chase them (several times) to find-out what router settings I needed to change to get a connection, the connecting was never stable/reliable and I have now given notice (which costs more money!) because of the poor (and expensive) service.

As said by others the technical knowledge may be good, but the rest of the company lets them down, BIG TIME!

For me the only thing they managed with any reliability was grab the money.

Buyer Beware.
Review Ratings
Summary: Dreadful service
April 6th, 2012 (Last Edited: April 6th, 2012)
I've had problems with line-validation for months and months with AAISP. They've insisted that it's my problem and sent me chasing after issues that don't exist. I've changed my computer, my router, and my line. They then insisted I buy a third router as it must be my router. It's not. It is line-validation problems that exist at the BT switch level and AAISP just refuse to chase BT on this because it will cost them money. What is amazing is that, no matter how carefully I itemised the problems, they could not respond to those issues but kept jumping to conclusions—all of which said that is was at my end. It's not. I've even got expert advice from a 30+ years programmer for Lucent, AT&T, the emergency services, etc. who said "it's a line-validation problem at the switch" but AAISP would not listen.

When I said I would go to the regulator, the director said I couldn't as I hadn't followed the complaint procedure - which they had not told me about in the preceding six months at all. This is abusive.

As long as your problems are simple and you are willing to spend lots of money to please them, then I'm sure they're fine. If it's at the BT level and therefore more complicated, even though it is still AAISP's responsibility as the provider, forget it. Just get an ISP that is willing to act professionally.
Review Ratings
Summary: disappointing service
March 28th, 2012 (Last Edited: March 28th, 2012)
Having been a long time customer and generally happy with the service - although the price is extremely high - I have been disappointed to receive a number of letters from them demanding money because of the VAT increase, which they hadn't warned me about in advance.

They then looked at my broadband usage and admitted they were charging about twice the price I was using.

Their technical knowledge may be good but their customer service is poor. They close on the dot at 5pm and don't even have an answerphone.

Disappointing after having been a reliable client for over 10 years
Review Ratings
Summary: Setting the standard
February 1st, 2012 (Last Edited: February 1st, 2012)
I have been with Andrews & Arnold for many years having previously tried several other ISP's. They are quite simply without peer. On the few occasions I have needed to contact support you are sure to speak with someone who has a genuine interest in solving whatever your issue might be. More importantly, the support staff have the knowledge to get the job done rather than going through a script parrot fashion.

Recently we moved home and BT had given a lead time of four weeks to get broadband installed (I asked bt as I thought they might be quickest). Having thought this was a mistake I asked another operator who again told me a date nearly one month away!!!!

I phoned Andrews and Arnold and they said I could expedite an order and be connected within 24 hours. Music to my ears :) It cost extra for this speedy connection but was ultimately worth every penny as I work from home 90% of the time.

If you are wavering on the price, do yourself a huge favour and bite the bullet, you will never have broadband woes again.
Sponsored