AAISP

Summary: Very Impressed
March 13th, 2010 (Last Edited: March 13th, 2010)
I moved to AAISP from plus.net after I finally got fed up of their traffic shaping. As a programmer I don't have time to deal with my ISP automatically blocking ports when they don't recognise the traffic from my programs (they assume unknown traffic is P2P and block it during peak times).

Unfortunately this kind of behaviour is very common among ISPs so I was very careful about selecting my next ISP. The reviews for AAISP were very promising and they seemed to fit what I wanted so I chose them.

I'm glad to report that all those other positive reviews were correct and I'm *very* pleased with the service.

The speed is excellent. I live right next to the exchange so I always got the maximum 2mbit broadband available in my area. I was pleasantly surprised when I switched to find my speed had jumped to a full 8mbit. Seemed plus.net had been throttling my connection to 2mbit despite the exchange having been upgraded to ADSL max.

The connection is also very reliable. I've yet to be dropped from a multiplayer game because of packet loss since joining AAISP. Even when things do go wrong (as they do at any ISP occasionally) they keep you informed and fix stuff quick.

I'm really impressed with how technical this ISP is. The people working there really know what they're doing and it shows. The control panel you're given access to is very powerful. I also love the way it lets you see graphs of your exact bandwidth usage for the past week.

I also want to mention how they're willing to give you blocks of multiple IPs at no extra cost. I have a /28 block of 16 IPs. That means the five computers, two xboxes, ps3 and assorted network devices in our house can each have a real IP with no need for NAT.

Finally the price may seem a little high compared to the sort of packages you see advertised on TV but what can I say, you get what you pay for. For the service provided the price is actually very reasonable.

I'm very happy with AAISP and don't plan on switching again. Keep up the good work guys!
Review Ratings
Summary: New AAISP User - Good First Impressions
March 10th, 2010 (Last Edited: March 10th, 2010)
Moved from O2 and all I can say is I couldn't be happier, what a relief. Andrews and Arnold and O2 are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of the service they provide. It is so good to be back with a quality provider! I
just have to be carefully on peak usage, the allowance is quite small, but
I'll manage
Review Ratings
Summary: Best yet.......
January 2nd, 2010 (Last Edited: January 2nd, 2010)
Have been with quite a few ISPs inclusing Vispa, Zen Internet and a long long while ago now PlusNet.
I really cannot fault Andrews and Arnold as an ISP upto now as they've done nothing but assist when BT try to sabotage my every turn getting connected / using the Internet.

Speed I'm receiving is OK considering the distance to the nearest exchange (LVBRO) and as an added extra I was put onto ADSL2+ so my upstream speed has almost trebled. Line now syncing at 4100 with and downstream SNR of 11-15 db so I expect even more improvement in the coming weeks.

All in all, upto now an excellent service and their tech response is excellent.
Review Ratings
Summary: It couldn't be better!
December 4th, 2009 (Last Edited: December 4th, 2009)
I have only been with AAISP for about 15 months, but I can honestly say that I've experienced NO downtime at all with them; quite a contrast to my previous ISP!

For less than £18 per month, I get an absolutely FIRST CLASS service & excellent speeds for my very rural location.

AAISP is my tenth ISP; I was unhappy with all the others but fully expect to stay with AAISP for the forseeable future.

TOP NOTCH = TOP MARKS FROM ME.
Review Ratings
Summary: AAISP, The "Rolls Royce" of ISPs
November 14th, 2009 (Last Edited: November 14th, 2009)
I have little to add to the three comments immediately below. If you just want the fastest & most reliable ADSL broadband possible, THIS IS IT!

No gimmicks, no throttling & an excellent control panel. Peak period is 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. For £17.57 per month, I get 1GB peak & 50 GB off-peak usage (other plans available). I have been with AAISP (Andrews & Arnold) since July 2008 and have never exceeded the 1GB peak usage; I just make sure big downloads are made after 6pm or on weekends. BRILLIANT, I cannot see any reason not to give them 10/10 across the board.