Sponsored Links

web browsing is slow but youtube/netflix is fine on zen

KDS

ULTIMATE Member
with on zen connection, browsing sites are slow but you tube, speed test are fine. checked and changed the MTU setting on the router that didn't help. dns is ok , only happens on zen connection. aaisp connection even when I swap this router to that it's working fine. not sure what is going on.

looks like I can't access amazon.co.uk and few others site. It's timing out

I have decided to move to AAISP but the switch over don't happen till 5th December so still need to fix it. any one have any solution

Last edited:
First thing I'd try is to run a trace-rout and see which servers are slow, then I'd also try Google's Public DNS to see if adding that on the router in place of my ISP's DNS settings made a difference. I'd also check with other web browsers to confirm if the issue is network or software related.

Of course if it's a routing / peering problem then check with the ISP to see if any such issues have been reported.

I recently had similar. Tracked it down to an OpenWRT router I was using as an access point on my network having IPv6 enabled by default.

Simple test to identify if that is the cause - on your computer go into the network adaptor and disabled IPv6.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Check for unwanted browser addons;

"conduit" I believe is the name of the one I have experience of buggering up my browsing speeds.

Hi Mate,

Have you contacted support about this? Im not in till Tuesday but if you want to wait till then PM me your details and I will take a look for you.

LeeH

its turns out, Hardware Acceleration have to be disable on the draytek 2860. firmware update put it on auto, which caused the issue. posted it here if others having the same issue

than you for all your help

The use of a feature called 'Hardware Acceleration' on a router always seemed a bit like a contradiction in terms to me, but I understand what they were going for :) .

Sponsored Links
The use of a feature called 'Hardware Acceleration' on a router always seemed a bit like a contradiction in terms to me, but I understand what they were going for :) .

lol yea funny it worked fine on AAISP, I think it's to do with back end or the config I had disabled the 'Hardware Acceleration' weird one. any way glad it's sorted really annoying issue.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules