Sponsored

£5.95 charge for leaving

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Ive been with eclipse for many years, so obviously Im well out of my contract.

I rang them up asking to cancel as I was moving house. This of course would start a new 12 month contract if I carried on with eclipse. No way.

Anyways, yes you can cancel etc - but it will cost you £5.95. in which she said that charge was put on them by BT. Ive never heard of it before.

Anyone else?

In turth I was a bit annoyed at them for being charged this after I had been with them for over 3 or 4 years.

Oh, and of course BT have cocked up my new line so I cant even order broadband for it :rolleyes:

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
I have changed ISP several times and never heard of this, it sounds like a crock of $hit to me.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Sadly I really dont have time to check my emails for this - moving house has much bigger problems!

But I dont remember recieving any. For anyone else ceasing or about to move, check for this.

Thankye Mel.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I'm pretty sure I didn't get charged by Eclipse when I left them in June when I moved house.

That said, I don't supposed I would have been too bothered for the sake of £6.

paul45

ULTIMATE Member
The following extract from the current T&Cs does not appear to be good news Old dude, and I'm afraid I've not got the time to spare seeing if there's a get-out for you:

Eclipse T&Cs page 7 of 35:
7 TERM AND TERMINATION
7.2 You agree to pay Us a Cease Charge fee where Our Carrier levies such a fee against Us.
I suppose the thing to consider or plead is that you weren't informed of such conditions and keep your fingers crossed

Hope the move to your new home goes well and you have many happy years there.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Thankyou Paul, for dredging that up.

In truth Im not bothered by the amount, its only about a fiver. Its more they are charging me for it.

Ive been with eclipse many many years, most of which with a package which was much higher priced than most other ISPs.

Perhaps Im being unreasonable in expecting some preferential treatment or something :nod: !

I suppose if BT is charging them, then fair enough, although as said I dont remember them emailling me about any change in the Ts and Cs.

Hopefully I have as many years good service at my new ISP as I did from eclipse.

And so far the move has gone well, and its 1000 times better than my previous area (dispite being literally 4 mins walk away). :nod:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules