Sponsored

£69.99 for a MAC code, joined monthly contract

peterpiper

Casual Member
I’m off soon, probably to Titan, so wanted a MAC code.

On selecting: My Products - Connection Manager - MAC Code[Request] it shows I would be charged £69.99 due to being on a 12 month contract & must also return my FREE modem or router to Eclipse.

However I joined on a one-month contract basis with no hardware! That was in January.

I had applied for Evo option 3 but didn’t spot till after activation that I’d been put on Home option 3 (No Hardware required, Monthly).

I pointed out the mistake and was given Service Regrade (FREE) to Evolution option 3.
I see now that regrade was to Monthly (12 Month Contract), a clever trick? Surely they wouldn’t.

I pointed out that as Eclipse were changing the contract terms by the astounding increase of over 130% in the peak hours period, a change I consider unacceptable, I would not expect any termination fee even if I had entered a 12 month contract.

Now awaiting reply to ticket....

jonny1310

Casual Member
As far as i know they cannot charge you for requesting a mac code but they can charge you for the rest of the service for 12 months.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Note: It's 5 working days, so that doesn't include the weekend.

jonny1310

Casual Member
If they do not give you it then contact ofcom. or get your phone number changed and you will not need a mac code as this will wipe the tags of your line.

PeteK

ISP Rep
If they do not give you it then contact ofcom. or get your phone number changed and you will not need a mac code as this will wipe the tags of your line.
Unfortunately that is not always true. BT are getting (slightly) cleverer these days and unless you submit a cease and re-provide for a phone line they "usually" maintain the BB service.

peterpiper

Casual Member
Thanks for the suggestions.
Still awaiting a response - the ticket had vanished! so have just raised a new one with Eclipse.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Unfortunately that is not always true. BT are getting (slightly) cleverer these days and unless you submit a cease and re-provide for a phone line they "usually" maintain the BB service.

I know many people that a change in billing cost them another activation fee to get BB working again..

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Eclipse's complaint Code of Practice is here:- http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=legal&fileid=&/5$LV%LH

The Customer Complaints team are responsible for ensuring compliance with this code. If you wish to contact the team, please send a letter to the following address:
Customer Complaints Team
Eclipse Internet
Suites 1&2
Osprey House
Osprey Road
Exeter
Devon
EX2 7JG
Alternatively you can:

e-mail the team at complaint@eclipse.net.uk ;

call 01392 333333 and ask to be put through to the complaints team; or

fax them on 01392 333334.
Calls to 01392 333333 are charged at national rates from a BT landline. Charges from other networks may vary.
The team are available from 9 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday excluding bank and public holidays.
I would sugggest writing to them, and if you don't get a satisfactory response ask for a deadlock letter so you can complain to their arbitration service (CISAS).

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2198)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1426)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1038)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (907)
  14. 4G (899)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules