Sponsored Links

1&1 Email problem?

Is anyone else having problems with 1&1 email hosting?

I can recieve mail without a problem, but when I try to send I get an error telling me that my email client cannot connect to the server.

I did change the spam settings recently, but I wouldn't have thought that would stop me sending mail.

*cough* Host-Review.co.uk *cough*

/end shameless plug.

E-Mail problems with 1&1? Never heard of it :). I'd drop an e-mail to their support team and also check to see if you get the same problem from their WEBMAIL interface, SMTP problems at 1&1 have been hitting some of my accounts too recently. Sadly 1&1 e-mail remains managed by 1&1's own server even on their dedicated platforms. I've swapped to using my ISPs SMTP as its faster and more reliable.

Sorry, I don't generally have anything to do with hosting (except my email address) so I didn't even think about host-review.co.uk

I just tries the webmail client, and that's acting a bit weird too. When I click on the new mail button, a page shown "Bad Request - You made a document request the server didn't understand" shows for about half a second, then the normal new email screen appears.

I just tested it and outbound emails from the webmail client do work.

Sponsored Links
It turns out that Be have started blocking port 25.

Nice of them to tell me before they actually started blocking it.

There is a post on their forum that explains how to get past it, but frankly that's not good enough. I've had an important email sitting in my outbox for the last 2 days whilst I investigated the problem, only to discover that Be changed their settings without bothering to tell me.

All it would have taken was an email notifying me that the change was coming - I would have been happy with just 24 hrs notice, but apparently that is too difficult.

I'm coming pretty close to leaving them!

They are good when it's working, but their support/customer services are shocking.

Last edited:
Yah, i've heard about it especially with regard to microsoft exchange emails. Sometime it has something to do with migrating data from 1 server to another. But you may call their technical support for first hand info.

Yah, i've heard about it especially with regard to microsoft exchange emails. Sometime it has something to do with migrating data from 1 server to another. But you may call their technical support for first hand info.

??

I'm not using their Exchange hosting - it turned out to be an issue with my ISP blocking port 25 without doing something silly, like actually telling me

want exact solution

Sorry, I don't generally have anything to do with hosting (except my email address) so I didn't even think about host-review.co.uk

I just tries the webmail client, and that's acting a bit weird too. When I click on the new mail button, a page shown "Bad Request - You made a document request the server didn't understand" shows for about half a second, then the normal new email screen appears.

I just tested it and outbound emails from the webmail client do work.

When I click on the new mail button, a page shown " ! BAD REQUEST
YOU MADE A DOCUMENT THE SERVER DIDN'T UNDERSTAND" shows until I close that window

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Please mention which email id you use.
gmail yahoo msn or Out look.
Because it have some different problem.

Nope - it's working, as it has been since March (when I last posted on this thread)

The first issue was with my ISP blocking port 25 without telling me, and the webmail issue disappeared months ago too.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules