Sponsored Links

3 meters to Fibre... "so close yet so far"

greekgoddj

Hi all, new member here.

I have today with my own eyes seen that full fibre runs in the manwhole that is 3 meters away from the manhole where my house lines is at (and the two manwholes are connected with ducting and even rope ready to pull lines through). As you can guess, I am wondering given how little relative effort is needed to hook my house up, how i go about trying to make OpenReach aware of this. There is number I can ring up and enquire about this.

Does anybody have some experience/advice on this? Thanks

Last edited:
Talk to openreach lol good luck it will be faster to learn how to do it yourself... the only way I did get to speak to them was going via the community partnership programme but all that proved was the work can be done if I wanted to pay over the odds for a not to dissimilar distance

Sponsored Links
Sad but true many people think that because the fibre runs past their house Openreach can just tap into it which is far from wrong.
FTTP is a very complex build and certainly a lot of work and cost to supply at any address.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I really wish you well.:)

Hi all, thanks for your feedback. I am having a go via the OpenReach Twitter approch. it is true, it won't necessarily be just a matter of pulling a cable so i don't want to get my hopes up. But it still seems like a lot simpler than having to dig a trench from > 600m away ... fingers crossed. šŸ¤ž

I have fibre running a few metres from my house, yet the nearest point to connect to is 11 miles away. Unfortunately fibre isn't like a water main or electricity supply - you can only connect to certain aggregation nodes, which are often a long way away.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: Ā£25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules