Sponsored Links

330Mbps FTTP FTTPoD Providers

The BT OpenReach STOP SELL was removed last October I believe, however I've been unable to find any providers who are actually offering the 330Mbps+ services.

Does anyone know of any they can recommend? Thanks

All ISP's can order it but the reason its openly offered is because of the install costs which can be several 1000 depending on the distance from the green cab. Then there's the 3 year contract involved and the high rental on FTTPoD.

Only certain areas can get FTTP yet due to the FTTC not feasible. FTTP and FTTPoD are 2 completely different products from Openreach.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've ordered FTTPoD 330/30 mbps from Fluidata (aka Fluidone) and after ringing up nearly every ISP in the land it appears that Fluidata are the only ones offering it currently (the Openreach FTTP that is). I will pay £300 per month on a min 36 month contract with installation charges of £3700.

Oh and the installation (construction) charges have nothing to do with distance to your nearest PCP or FTTC cabinet....its to do with distance to the nearest fibre aggregation node, which is usually within 2km. Mine is 600-800m away.

Wrt installation date, I've been given a rough estimate of "by end of April 2017" but this will be confirmed once the survey is done, which is due anyday now. The order was placed a couple of weeks ago.

Every FTTPoD ISP I've seen - both past and present - has charged a huge rental for the service, well above the wholesale rate. If there were some proper competition and wider demand for the service then things might be different but it remains niche and difficult for ISPs to position.

NOTE: Nobody is currently selling the 500Mbps and 1Gbps tiers for FTTP or FTTPoD.

I might be missing the point but one of my customers pays essentially the same price for a standard fibre to the building connection (installed before fttc and fttpod existed).. What is the advantage of FTTPoD vs. the old "fibre ethernety" type connection of yesteryear, especially if they are both the same price.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Sponsored Links
I might be missing the point but one of my customers pays essentially the same price for a standard fibre to the building connection (installed before fttc and fttpod existed).. What is the advantage of FTTPoD vs. the old "fibre ethernety" type connection of yesteryear, especially if they are both the same price.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Your customer might be on a leased line or he might be on a native FTTP line.

The reason why FTTPoD is so expensive is simple: it costs serious money to lay fibre to your doorstep. AFAIK Fluidone are currently the only ISP in UK offering FTTPoD - the Openreach version that is.

Re: the Openreach wholesale FTTPoD prices, you have to add backhaul costs which are substantial for a truly unlimited 330/30 service, ISP's operating costs and then their own profit on top of that.

Yes in an ideal world every Tom, Dick and Harry in UK should have access to native FTTP paid for by BT or the Govt but that's not going to happen anytime soon (if ever). So provided you can afford it, FTTPoD is the next best thing and I like to think I am future proofing my internet connectivity needs. Pretty soon I will no longer have to worry about stupid noise margins, DLM banding, brand of FTTC cabinet, when/if my cabinet will ever be G.Fast enabled etc. :)

Hi,

Have you had any luck in your search? If not this could be something we at Distant Voice could help with.

You can drop me a message on here. Will be happy to help.

Joseph

Last edited:
Hi Joseph

I am looking for an ISP to place an FTTPoD order with Openreach for me. Band H from agg node close to cabinet 7 of Wadhurst exchange. This something you can do for me?

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Hi Joseph

I am looking for an ISP to place an FTTPoD order with Openreach for me. Band H from agg node close to cabinet 7 of Wadhurst exchange. This something you can do for me?

Thanks

Nick

Ouch! Band H one-off costs will be at least 10k I suspect, probably more. As Mark has mentioned, Cerberus are now also offering the service so worth getting in touch with them.

Hi Joseph

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay in replying, I didn't see your message.

We will be offering FTTPoD but am waiting on the pricing and literature before we start offering it to customers. If you drop me a message with your details I'm happy to give you a call when these come through.

Joseph

Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay in replying, I didn't see your message.

We will be offering FTTPoD but am waiting on the pricing and literature before we start offering it to customers. If you drop me a message with your details I'm happy to give you a call when these come through.

Joseph

Joseph,

Are you still offering FTTPoD in the Wadhurst area?

Thanks,
Joe

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules