Sponsored Links

3months no internet, Openreach not accountable

We live in Forest Hill/ Catford in South London just 15 mins from London Bridge, and we're with Zen.
On 19th March at 11:30 our fibre went down, as did the neighbours opposite (also Zen), the house 4 doors down (BT) and at the end of the street (PlusNet). There are others in neighbouring streets as well - we all border the South Circular.

We have all had promises - from all the stories I've heard I will say that Zen has been the best communicator - but all these promises have fallen flat because OpenReach do not keep the promises they make to the providers. They cannot be communicated with.

One neighbour is using Resolver.co.uk and even they are getting nothing from OpenReach.

The problem is obvious. OR have, to all intents, a monopoly. They do not feel any pressure to solve problems because there is no punishment. They are complacent and they treat providers poorly.

If this can happen in INNER LONDON, what hope does the rest of the country have with this arrangement?

That's a pretty horrible experience. Perhaps @Mark.J has some advice on what to do next.

How have you been getting by in the meanwhile? Your area should be well covered by all mobile operators. I see Three and EE have 5G available there.

So you've had no fixed line broadband since 19th March!? Also, by fibre, do you mean FTTC or full fibre FTTP? If you're happy to share your address with me (you should be able to start a private convo by left-clicking my username on the left side of this post) then I can raise it and see what on earth Openreach may be up to.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a major outage, possibly a damaged cabinet or a serious cable fault. The delay is possibly down to an access issue with OR waiting on a permit from the local authorities.
Zen should be able to tell you what the issue is, and they can ask what the expected time to repair is.
Unfortunately OR don’t have “vital utility” status so things take time.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5444)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2227)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1955)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1649)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules