Sponsored Links

4g/5g mast

ljw2k

Does anyone know how to find out if a 4g/5g mast is active as one has recently been erected right outside our caravan holiday home but speeds still seam slow.

Site ID LAN12857 LPA Ref:21/00616/PAM

2022-04-05 22_29_02-Settings.jpg

By the sound of it the mast is not live yet. I assume your operator is indeed Three, since they seem to own it.

The best way is to install the cellmapper app and let it scan and upload data for a while in that area, in other words map it.
The app will also record useful info about the router mast you are connected to, such as earcfn and enb which will help identify it, perhaps send us a screenshot of the app when you're at the location.

Last edited:
By the sound of it the mast is not live yet. I assume your operator is indeed Three, since they seem to own it.

The best way is to install the cellmapper app and let it scan and upload data for a while in that area, in other words map it.
The app will also record useful info about the router you are connected to, such as earcfn and enb.
router > mast

Avoid posting in the early hours ;)

Sponsored Links
Not sure mate and still looking how to find out what network it is on and if live or when it becomes live. The obvious is when my signal improves it is live
Does it need to log in first to view the mastdata map for my area?

I'm not sure but I think you must be correct as it is asking me to pay as it has reached a limit of use.

Sponsored Links
I'm @ home most the time will it still be worth mapping , sorry but never used this app before.

Sponsored Links
I have got the app on my phone which is EE network but my mobile router has a 3 simcard . In the app it only shows EE even though I have disabled my data and connected WiFi to the ZTE Mobile router.

I want to map the 3 network right! if so how do I change it?

I have got the app on my phone which is EE network but my mobile router has a 3 simcard . In the app it only shows EE even though I have disabled my data and connected WiFi to the ZTE Mobile router.

The only way I know of is to put the sim into a phone sadly.

I'm @ home most the time will it still be worth mapping , sorry but never used this app before.

I wouldn't advise keeping the app running while at home to be honest. Basically it works by uploading data to a map, this data includes your location, so you would have lots of samples on the map in Cell Mapper! You don't want to be standing out on the map like a sore thumb!

hot_spot.jpg

Maybe get a cheap Smarty SIM? For £6 a month you get 4GB to play about with and run speed tests and can cancel it at the end of the month if it's no use.

Sponsored Links
Doing a speedtest in my house not at the Caravan on 3 is abysmal 2 down 4up but when I attached it to a Bluespot Mini 5g ONLY antenna and fitted 4m up outside facing the direction of the nearest 5g mast I got 350-400 down 5 up but the ping was around 60-over 100 at times.

I have now sent for the Poynting XPOL-2-5G Antenna V3 antenna and hoping it improves my upload speed and timings. I should have it Saturday so will post back my results.

There's a load of new Phase 8 poles near me but none of them seem to be live, even though they've been stood for a good 6-12 months.

If they were to flick the switch, 'Indoor coverage - Darker coverage on their map' would increase massively. Maybe that's what they're planning on doing!

VF on the other hand don't seem to hang around and just get them up and running.

Still having crap speeds with 3 network on this mask and can only be it is not live yet.

I have a 3 sim and EE and with EE I can get a 5G signal if I open the window and hold my phone out a little and seen 200Mbps up 30 down sometimes but not always ( probably being hammered with other caravan owners ).

I was really wanting a good connection on a spare unlimited 3 simcard I have tbh as the EE is my phones main sim.

Here is where the mast is and it does state it is 3 & EE

Any further information would really be appreciated as Mastdata has reached its limits unless I pay to see more information and being honest not sure how to use it proper.

2022-06-23 02_35_10-Mobile Mast Location Finder Map and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft E...jpg
2022-06-23 02_53_00-Radial LOS Map - Mastdata and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules