Sponsored Links

4G antenna

arivel

Hi everyone.
unfortunately in my house the traditional telephone service is absent and therefore I have to make use of an alternative system.
do you recommend a good but cheap omnidirectional mime 4G LTE antenna for my huawei e5186s-22a router to put on the roof?

The answer may depend on a number of factors, such as whether or not you can get line-of-sight to the mast with the strongest signal for your operator. If not then you may need an Omni one and Solwise have a fairly useful guide for this:

I know a couple of people on here have gone with a Poynting 2dB 3G/4G Cross-Polarised Omni Antenna. I'd also keep the cable length below 5 metres to avoid signal degradation.

Hello and thanks .
I believe that there is no linear communication between my house and the antennas but I cannot be sure.
looking around, with the naked eye I see no antennas.
but the biggest problem is another. around me there is a group of antennas but I don't think they are all 4G.
I don't know how many there are and above all where the 4G antennas are positioned.
I read this recommended article:
I have a question .
if I understand correctly we talk about two equal antennas but one vertically polarized and the other horizontally polarized. this configuration is better than a vertically polarized omnidirectional mime antenna. do you confirm ?

Sponsored Links
The Poynting 2dB 3G/4G Cross-Polarised Omni Antenna is internally taking the horizontal and vertical signals and outputs them down the 2 wires separately to the router. No need for another antenna which you could not plug in anyway,

Omni cross-polarized will probably serve you best as other have said. To get an idea of where you connect you can use the Opensignal app on Android providing you have a strong enough signal for a smart phone to connect - I do not :(

The mastdata website (free subscription for 30 days) will give you the locations of local masts.

I went for a higher gain directional Poynting antenna pointing towards the only mast that will deliver 4G where I live. If that goes down (which it has) then I can switch to the internal omni directional router antennas and get 3G albeit at a much reduced bandwidth.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules