Sponsored Links

4G LTE Antennas

soulas85

Casual Member
Hello,

i am currently looking at external 4G Antennas for my Huawei B525 modem. I live in kind of rural area in Lithuania.

Inside of my house i get Band 20 (800 MHz) signal, but outside of the house i get to Band 3 (1800 MHz) signal. Closest radio tower is 5 kilometers away from my location.

So i am thinking about getting a MIMO antenna for my Huawei B525 just to increase speed and stability of connection. I hope you can help me with deciding which antenna to get, cause i am really lost.

Since in Lithuania there is a small selection of antennas i started looking in Poland. So here is some antennas that some stores recommends:
https://yagi.pl/antena-dual-lte-17-dbi-1800-mhz-2x-nz

I am also considering https://yagi.pl/promiennik-do-paraboli-8dbi-dual-lte-2x-1800mhz-1x-900-2100-mhz-hspa-hsdpa , since i have an old parabolic (satellite) dish just hanging on the roof.

I feel kind of suspicious about those "micro-strip" antennas, but maybe i just don't understand anything ☺.

I hope that someone here has any experience in these matters and can help me figure out what to do.

So, so ☻ since its 5 km away, i can not see it - for sure :D but in theory there is a straight line without any major obsticles.

Sponsored Links
Then you should get better speeds from directional antenna, I use that exact parabolic LNB and it was significantly better that the dual yagi it replaced in rain and fog. It's not much better in good conditions but earns it 's keep over winter when even during the worst weather the signal does not degrade.

Have you tried placing an LTE antenna instead of "receiver" on parabolic dish, like in this video?:

I think if i would buy that 2x17 dBi MIMO antenna and place it on parabolic dish, it should get me even better results?

I am not keen on using the parabolic dish, because i would need to move it to a different place in order to use it as 4g antenna, because of all the cables...

No not tried that, weather is too bad currently to play, another gale due tomorrow. Can try in April maybe ;) .

Sponsored Links
I presume getting hold of a huge dish would improve the signal further? I guess if you're connecting to just one mast it'd be a directional approach?

I'd be dubious too when you have quality products from Poynting like the LPDA-92 @11dbi, XPOL-2 @9dbi.

Of course the one you link looks to have a narrow freq bandwidth so 'IF'thats the freq you want specifically and none of the other 4G bands then you're going to get better gain with a narrow beamwidth. You'd need more info from them,

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules