Sponsored Links

4G SOHO Broadband

Hi

I currently run a small (6 people) business and am looking to relocate the office to a new building near my house.

Whilst we live just outside Marlow (Bucks) we are over 1 km from our nearest Openreach box and as such only have access to 4mb over ADSL.

I have been working with Openreach / BT Community Fibre Partnership to try to get FTTC Fibre but the we are unable to raise the £25k required.I understand that the potential lifeline from BT in the quote below is still in development:

"“Our proposal is to make 4G from EE available at no extra cost to communities who lack access to superfast broadband and have poor outdoor 4G coverage, all as part of BT’s Community Fibre Partnership scheme.”

Questions:
There has been mention of "Mastband" from Notspot Broadband -Is this just a service provider/ installer reselling 4g routers or something else?? I have asked the question of them but await a call back!

If the EE data package of 100GB Allowance the biggest available? (we have great EE 4G coverage) and how do you get this?

Does anyone know of any companies offering installation and configuration in the Bucks area of a 4G router with external ariels please?

Apologies for the long post and multiple questions!
richard

If you already get good EE 4G reception then you can just buy it straight away.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/4g-home-broadband/details#

Comes with modem and SIM. Just plug it in where reception is strongest.

If you're over 1km from the street cabinet then FTTC may not be much use anyway. You'd need to know the cable length and condition. If the cable goes in a completely straight line and it's in good condition then would see a good uplift from 4Mbps but if, on the other hand, it isn't great quality and loops around the neighbourhood increasing the length substantially, it might not be any faster than ADSL.

EE's 100GB appears to be the largest allowance available. But then a year or so ago, you'd have been lucky to get much more than 20GB, so in time, it's likely that more will become available.

Sponsored Links
Wish I had seen this before being a user of EE equipment and Mastband. Ok, I went the EE route and found myself in a touch of a tangle when I tried to remote access my CCTV. I found non of the "no IP" services would work. I found Mastband proposing to sort this issue as they operate all their devices over a private network using EE as a back haul. Notspot, who operate Mastband quickly and effectively opened ports on their device and it simply works. Adding to this I found the company really easy to deal with, after a short message on the phone of what they do, I was through to someone who actually knew what they were talking about rather than a call center who just work off a script. Packages?? 200GB as a standard option but with the Mastband equipment it can be expanded to 400GB. Data can be expanded further if you take on multiple devices and you can even load balance. Notspot Engineers whom install the equipment are well trained and certainly very accommodating.This service is also available on the Better Broadband scheme where there is a grant available to pay for the equipment and professional install including antennas for a real fibre feel solution. I really cannot express how good this service is.
1MrnfeB.png

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules