Sponsored Links

8 mmonths free broadband (effectively)

Be and O2 are the same company.

I migrated to O2 from Be in December, using Quidco, on the off chance that they would actually pay me to move within the same company.

Be waived the 3-month notice period because I was moving to O2.

I have an O2 mobile, so I qualify for their discounted prices - so when I migrated I started paying £7.34 for an 8mb connection (subject to an FUP that I have never been hit with)

I just checked my Quidco account and O2 have paid £60 to my Quidco account.

That equates to over 8-months worth of broadband. Bargain!!!

They now only offer £50 cashback, but that is still nearly 7 months free.

------
edit:

I forgot to add - when I left Be I had to return the router. I did so, yet they still charged me £90 for it. I called them up to complain, they immediately promised a refund. A few days later £100 had been deposited in my account. So there's another £10 towards my internet connection!

Nice, if Sky Broadband doesn't work out in my new place then O2 will probably be my second choice.

I've got to admit that I was happy with Be (barring support issues) and am equally happy with O2.

I don't have Sky TV so they are not an option for me, and I can't see anyone else offering a similar level of service for anything like similar money at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely fine. Reliable, good speeds etc.

Thanks for confirming just sounds too good to be true and contend with 12 month contract if goes pear shape.
O2 bought Be out in 2006.
Really not much choice with LLU ISP's at my exchange rest are either too expensive £20+ or companies i wouldnt at any cost go with. ADSL Max no problem.

Present moment theres 3 months free on O2 coupled with phone works out at £88 for the contract period, got to be worth a try i will let you know how i get on.

I was happy with Be I just didn't need the speed I had. By moving to O2 I reduced speed (made no difference to me) and saved £10/month.

Sponsored Links
i'm on sky max for £10 per month but from next march this will be £15 at present 02 can only offer home access at £22 per month due to not having 02 phones, would transfer to 02 if they finally llu my exchange as they will be a similar price to sky and get good reviews
what if any are 02 expansion details or am i stuck with sky which wouldnt be a major problem as i get 13-14mb constant but didnt like the enforced increase unless you take sky-talk phone

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5507)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2259)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1970)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1458)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules