Sponsored

8MB MAX ADSL Enablement Date.....

Cobblers

Pro Member
Got an email from Demon today, they reckon they will start mass migration of customers to this service within May. Sorted!! :D

Quincy

Pro Member
Hopefully thats just the home office, home product is overloaded as it is, i would hate to have to go through the fiasco of the 2 meg upgrades last year.

Cobblers

Pro Member
Isn't the basic Home package more than suitable for basic web surfing etc, where as the Home Office is classed as a "fast" connection, so better for lot's of downloading or online gaming.

This is what the woman had to say:

Demon's Home & Home Office customers will have the option of an upgrade to "up to 8Mbps" - the fastest speed their line will support.
Demon will start to mass migrate customers in May.

Now by saying "the option of an upgrade..." this seems to imply that we will be charged more for it, doesn't it?

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
with demon the"option" usually means having to sign a new 12 month contract
this is what happened to most customers when 2mb was introduced

Quincy

Pro Member
The basic home package was advertised as being suitable to playing games etc. They may have changed it scince, either way as soon as my 12 months are up ima migrating

Cobblers

Pro Member
Must admit, I like them as an ISP. The Home Office IS good for gaming etc and I always get quick surfing of the web. However, it is annoying that they keep tying you into a 12 month contract, which does imply they aren't wholey confident of keeping you.

Either way, I'll possibly keep away from this max adsl until the time appears to be right where stability is concerned and my contract is up in October time, by which time I'll post probably move elsewhere.

cmanvell

Hopefully thats just the home office, home product is overloaded as it is, i would hate to have to go through the fiasco of the 2 meg upgrades last year.
?? What mess? I wasn't even aware that there had been an upgrade to 2Meg. According to my ADSL bridge I upload at 288000 and download at 576000. Been like that ever since I went over from IDSN to broadband. Other than that, though, the service has been exemplary.

On a slightly different tack; I signed up with Demon some 10 years agao and, apart from a couple of rocky patches, have had no cause to complain. When I went over to broadband I used my owm router/bridge and they could not have been more helpful, especially as my brige's manufacturer used different terminology from Demon's own bridge. BT, on the other hand, totally fouled up and we missed a 999 callout because they did not restore out call waiting, and other additional services when they changed us over to bb. It took them several days to sort it, during which we dared not use the phone for fear of missing another 999.

bradcapo2

Cheers and we look forward to your Forum Favourites selections!

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2246)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules