Sponsored

A 3 Pole of Wonder

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Hmm.

I'm in an O2 zone and VF performs better here? Bangs on about no investment etc, but here, they're chucking up their own masts/equipment at a stupid rate, a couple of month.

Since I changed to VF from EE, 3 months ago, they've already enabled 3/4 new masts, one of those giving that stupid 720mbps speedtest result i got.
I’m pro Vodafone for sure. O2 is dire.

Adam2173

I have just ordered a lebara sim to test Vodafone network as Three are going through some stuff at the moment. According to cell mapper, the surrounding cells only have b20 10mhz. There are 4 of them in a 4 mile radius of me. I know very little about carrier aggregation and none of the cells show LTE-A but can you CA on the same band on different cell/mast and if so, do Vodafone do that? Again. forgive my lack of knowledge :)

Zathan

Pro Member
I have just ordered a lebara sim to test Vodafone network as Three are going through some stuff at the moment. According to cell mapper, the surrounding cells only have b20 10mhz. There are 4 of them in a 4 mile radius of me. I know very little about carrier aggregation and none of the cells show LTE-A but can you CA on the same band on different cell/mast and if so, do Vodafone do that? Again. forgive my lack of knowledge :)
Not sure if its possible, but Vodafone do not do that, you will only have access to 10Mhz of Band 20, which may be fine if your local sites are not heavily used.

Adam2173

Not sure if its possible, but Vodafone do not do that, you will only have access to 10Mhz of Band 20, which may be fine if your local sites are not heavily used.
Ah, that's too bad. So from my understanding the max attainable speed would be 37, best case scenario? If i used the calculator right. If vodafone is stable and the latency is good i may keep it around and buy another 4g router for latency sensitive tasks and use Three for data hog devices. Thanks for the info though!

Zathan

Pro Member
Ah, that's too bad. So from my understanding the max attainable speed would be 37, best case scenario? If i used the calculator right. If vodafone is stable and the latency is good i may keep it around and buy another 4g router for latency sensitive tasks and use Three for data hog devices. Thanks for the info though!
Not sure what the maximum speed is, but that does not sound to far off.

Seani

Top Member
Hmm.

I'm in an O2 zone and VF performs better here? Bangs on about no investment etc, but here, they're chucking up their own masts/equipment at a stupid rate, a couple of month.

Since I changed to VF from EE, 3 months ago, they've already enabled 3/4 new masts, one of those giving that stupid 720mbps speedtest result i got.
It will do on 4G.

But the future is now & 5G and Voda are lacking for landmass coverage off the same base stations as o2, Vodafone 5G landmass coverage is now where Three were with only 2100MHz for a long time, sure Vodafone can roll 900 3G closure into 5G but it’s still not going to have the same reach landmass or indoor penetration as o2 700MHz 5G off the same base stations.

Zathan

Pro Member
It will do on 4G.

But the future is now & 5G and Voda are lacking for landmass coverage off the same base stations as o2, Vodafone 5G landmass coverage is now where Three were with only 2100MHz for a long time, sure Vodafone can roll 900 3G closure into 5G but it’s still not going to have the same reach landmass or indoor penetration as o2 700MHz 5G off the same base stations.
Please ignore this troll, the reach between 7,8,900Mhz is almost the same

Seani

Top Member
Please ignore this troll, the reach between 7,8,900Mhz is almost the same
Yes that’s why Telstra, T-Mobile and EE’s of the world all buy the lowest (highest price) frequencies because it’s not “that different”.

U.K. 700MHz:

EE) £280 million GBP for 2×10 MHz of paired.

£4 million GBP additional 20 MHz block of supplementary downlink (SDL) spectrum.

Total £844 million.

Vodafone £0

O2) £280 million for 2×10 MHz paired.

Three) £280 2 x 10 MHz.

£844 million out £1.38 BILLION the total 5G auction revenue isn’t no difference in 700MHz coverage v 900MHz 5G .

Speculate to accumulate. 3 U.K. networks know it’s needed, it landmass/indoor coverage.

Vodafone has chosen to have the worst coverage. 900MHz 5G will have some speed increase but it’s indoor and landmass coverage will suffer, especially reliant on Cornerstone base stations where o2 will be picking Voda customers up.

If anyone is trolling here it’s Vodafone U.K. press saying that it can compete on a just as equal level with the now three majors because it has 900MHz 5G to compete. And you believe it. Haha.

Zathan

Pro Member
Yes that’s why Telstra, T-Mobile and EE’s of the world all buy the lowest (highest price) frequencies because it’s not “that different”.

U.K. 700MHz:

EE) £280 million GBP for 2×10 MHz of paired.

£4 million GBP additional 20 MHz block of supplementary downlink (SDL) spectrum.

Total £844 million.

Vodafone £0

O2) £280 million for 2×10 MHz paired.

Three) £280 2 x 10 MHz.

£844 million out £1.38 BILLION the total 5G auction revenue isn’t no difference in 700MHz coverage v 900MHz 5G .

Speculate to accumulate. 3 U.K. networks know it’s needed, it landmass/indoor coverage.

Vodafone has chosen to have the worst coverage. 900MHz 5G will have some speed increase but it’s indoor and landmass coverage will suffer, especially reliant on Cornerstone base stations where o2 will be picking Voda customers up.

If anyone is trolling here it’s Vodafone U.K. press saying that it can compete on a just as equal level with the now three majors because it has 900MHz 5G to compete. And you believe it. Haha.
You are being abit thick now, EE didnt have hardly any low band spectrum and neither did 3 before the auction, Vodafone did, get your facts right.

jbennett360

Pro Member
Broken record. It's getting quite boring now.

I'm not tied into a contract with VF for the rest of my life. I can swap in the future of other networks start outperforming VF. At the moment, in my area, nothing outperforms VF

Seani

Top Member
You are being abit thick now, EE didnt have hardly any low band spectrum and neither did 3 before the auction, Vodafone did, get your facts right.

? They all had 800MHz. Lower than Vodafone planned 3G 900MHz to 5G move upcoming. No doubt that will have to be shared with 4G as now still so it’s even more diluted V5G coverage.

And we are talking about 700MHz and Voda having none, ever, post auction not pre auction. And why it now puts itself in a precarious position of becoming the 4th U.K. (pending a sale & EU move) for coverage over the best few years of refarming & 5G roll out on its o2 700MHz shared base stations. It not hard to work out V looses its advantage over base station partner o2.

I agree Voda UK as as thick as the Tory fingers in the public till.

Zathan

Pro Member
? They all had 800MHz. Lower than Vodafone planned 3G 900MHz to 5G move upcoming. No doubt that will have to be shared with 4G as now still so it’s even more diluted V5G coverage.

And we are talking about 700MHz and Voda having none, ever, post auction not pre auction. And why it now puts itself in a precarious position of becoming the 4th U.K. (pending a sale & EU move) for coverage over the best few years of refarming & 5G roll out on its o2 700MHz shared base stations. It not hard to work out V looses its advantage over base station partner o2.

I agree Voda UK as as thick as the Tory fingers in the public till.
EE and 3 only have 5Mhz of 800, hardly anything and almost always saturated

Seani

Top Member
Broken record. It's getting quite boring now.

I'm not tied into a contract with VF for the rest of my life. I can swap in the future of other networks start outperforming VF. At the moment, in my area, nothing outperforms VF

When did I mention anyone’s particular set up? all I‘ve said is Voda going to become the U.K. budget network with its inferior 5G coverage. Stripped of assets it owned. Poor long term coverage investment. EU & Africa subsidiaries. Losing revenue to the EU tax man which it has to move to EU to get around.

VUK - Dead man walking.

Seani

Top Member
EE and 3 only have 5Mhz of 800, hardly anything and almost always saturated

But a signal is better than no signal, 5G 700MHz v 900MHz. It doesn’t compare to stay ahead, even Three for the first time will have a national network footprint, and Voda will have well...

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
This guy is annoying me now, taking all the threads on this forum off topic and generally confusing everyone reading them.

I can’t see me being able to post without this guy ruining threads.

Worst people on forums used to be the Virgin Media fan boys and now it looks like we’ve got them here With O2 thanks to the merger.

Seani

Top Member
This guy is annoying me now, taking all the threads on this forum off topic and generally confusing everyone reading them.

Worst people on forums used to be the Virgin Media fan boys and now it looks like we’ve got them here With O2 thanks to the merger.
Well use ignore then.

o2 fanboi, I’m a fan of no brand, everything consumer has it’s ying & yang, positive & negative. For example Vodafone 5G will be great for high speed urban but not rural U.K.

Try as a community to be nice to people not schoolchild playground mentality, all I’m trying to do is converse about relevant things & the response is how dare you come to our box and think outside the box? I actually read ISP review (& other mobile websites) not just post in the ISPr forums, most of the things I speak about can be gleamed from reading the information on ISPreview & other online sources.

Would you like me to apologise to you and the other forums board members I do actually read the main website ?

In a world where you can be anything, be kind, be a real MAN - be a gentleman to others. Toy and name throwing is reductive to the huMAN species on or offline.

Now if you like away find the ignore button.

Good day to you.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member

I just wish we could fix stupid 😴 can’t Mark block him 😑

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I just wish we could fix stupid 😴 can’t Mark block him 😑
Already reported him once but I'm pretty sure he's not done anything wrong in the eyes of then forum apart from annoy and spread incorrect info.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
First day of my 3 pole of wonder test hole window (9 days), but no one there so far.
Just keeping you posted so everyone can get some sleep. :giggle: ;)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules