Sponsored

A 3 Pole of Wonder

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Two new pieces in the puzzle have turned up this morning folks.
A lonely cabinet and what looks like the ground mount of the pole.
Cabinet
Pole Mount
You're all going to be sick of my 3 pole of wonder soon, I can tell.:LOL:
Looks like the cabinet's waiting for the bus, its had enough.:rolleyes:

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Cabinet
Pole Mount
It will look something like this then (nearby me)

signal-2021-10-26-105523_001.jpeg

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Yep JP, I saw the yellow covers and a cabinet base mount there too.
The above picture has been like that for around 4-5 months now, sorry to be that guy :S

Others in the city have gone up though, but they are not yet switched on..... again, sorry to be that guy but they've been standing with the kit fitted for nearly a year and as of Saturday two of them still not broadcasting anything. (Edit: Not sure about the others)

I hope yours is a different case.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
The above picture has been like that for around 4-5 months now, sorry to be that guy :S

Others in the city have gone up though, but they are not yet switched on..... again, sorry to be that guy but they've been standing with the kit fitted for nearly a year and as of Saturday two of them still not broadcasting anything. (Edit: Not sure about the others)

I hope yours is a different case.
Oh don't tell me these things JP.:cry:
Here's hoping for a swifter live time than you mentioned.🤞

Gandi69

Top Member
I wouldn't get your hopes up with a swift go live, none of the new three masts near me have gone live yet. The one closest to me was (built in December 2020) has now been sat dormant since June this year after having fibre ran to it.
Theres another one too locally that was built in September/October 2020 and that ones still not live either.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
I wouldn't get your hopes up with a swift go live, none of the new three masts near me have gone live yet. The one closest to me was (built in December 2020) has now been sat dormant since June this year after having fibre ran to it.
Theres another one too locally that was built in September/October 2020 and that ones still not live either.
Oh I'll be optomistic and hope for the best Gandi69, putting my fingers in my ears now, so I can't hear any more of these horror stories.

La la la la la.👉🙄👈

jbennett360

Top Member
Wonder what causes the hold up?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
That cabinet is almost certainly a power + backhaul cab. I can tell from how tall it is and the fact that there's two doors. Top one for fibre backhaul and bottom cab for power & breaker.

TallPaul_S

Cabinet
Pole Mount
This was mine in the middle of August:

IMG-20210908-144856.jpg

Pole didn't go up until the end of Sept, some 6 weeks later.

Now, 1 month on, although 4G has been turned on, no 5G yet from the pole.

I do however have planned work for the 8-9th Nov at the site. They still need to remove the old 4G mast and cabs but can't see that being done over 2 days, and not until the new mast is fully working so maybe... just maybe it's 5G work! 😬

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member

IMG-20210908-144856.jpg

I do however have planned work for the 8-9th Nov at the site. They still need to remove the old 4G mast and cabs but can't see that being done over 2 days, and not until the new mast is fully working so maybe... just maybe it's 5G work! 😬
IMG_20211026_170754.jpg

Thanks for sharing that TallPaul_S, 5G fingers crossed for you.🤞

A new sign appeared today, this is for all the new connections etc.
I've been trying to work out where on earth it's going to be connected to but have no idea.:rolleyes:

Do they connect them into FTTC cabinets? because the nearest one isn't exactly close.

If all goes to plan there is a further notice for the 15th of November for rigging and testing.

It all seems to be happening at quite a pace.(y)

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member

IMG-20210908-144856.jpg

Are you a Three customer to confirm no 5G available? As smarty is indecisive about when it can and can’t use 5G

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
No pole of wonder for Chesterfield, in a decision picked up by BBC News:

I kinda support the fact based on they wanted to pull trees down, when in reality there was likely space to overcome the problem but probably at more cost.

I'm no tree hugger but do believe they are rooted, let them be.... Specially when it's just likely a cash thing.

TallPaul_S

Are you a Three customer to confirm no 5G available? As smarty is indecisive about when it can and can’t use 5G
Yep, see my sig.

I have 5g from a mast 2.4km away, I check almost every day on speed/signal and can see I'm connected to the new mast on 4G (my upload has gone from 10 to 15mbps since the new mast went up) but not on 5G, this has stayed exactly the same, hence still getting from my old mast. Also, I've moved the router to a window with direct LOS of the new mast and zero 5G signal (but the 4G upload goes up to 20-25mbps).

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Day 3
They've all scarpered, at least they remembered the cabinet and pole ground mount.

Side View
Muck Hole

I'm all worried now lol, please just let it be the terrible weather, they'll remember to come back right? :oops:😊

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4118)
  2. BT (3152)
  3. Politics (2118)
  4. Building Digital UK (2026)
  5. Openreach (1969)
  6. FTTC (1922)
  7. Business (1834)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1606)
  9. Statistics (1510)
  10. 4G (1379)
  11. FTTH (1371)
  12. Virgin Media (1277)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1241)
  14. Fibre Optic (1235)
  15. Wireless Internet (1234)
  16. Vodafone (927)
  17. EE (906)
  18. 5G (898)
  19. TalkTalk (821)
  20. Sky Broadband (787)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules