Sponsored

A 3 Pole of Wonder

Gandi69

Top Member
Was out today and noticed there’s another 3/EE mast gone up at the end of my street. No 5g antennas on it yet though.
That’s quite close to the one nearest to me? Less than half a mile if that

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Was out today and noticed there’s another 3/EE mast gone up at the end of my street. No 5g antennas on it yet though.
Watch it doesn't rain for a few days Gandi69, or they'll take the lot down, clear off and never be seen again. :rolleyes:😊

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
The one I pointed out to you here?

Gandi69

Top Member
The one I pointed out to you here?
Yeah that’s the one, it definitely wasn’t there at the start of this week. I just assumed they were just doing some sort of connection work for the mast closest to me not building a whole new mast. Whilst I think it’s a good thing in one way, it’s probably means there is still months to go before go live now as it appears they don’t take these live until they are are all ready to go.

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
Yeah that’s the one, it definitely wasn’t there at the start of this week. I just assumed they were just doing some sort of connection work for the mast closest to me not building a whole new mast. Whilst I think it’s a good thing in one way, it’s probably means there is still months to go before go live now as it appears they don’t take these live until they are are all ready to go.
which makes sense... do the work once configure and ensure interference/noise is minimised and handover optimised, rather than keep revisiting

Pheasant

ULTIMATE Member
🤣

Attachments

• 6A4DC9EC-877B-4CB0-BCDD-8F37D9F073B6.jpeg
    6A4DC9EC-877B-4CB0-BCDD-8F37D9F073B6.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 53

Gandi69

Top Member
Just had a look on the wolverhampton planning applications for this new mast. The application has a lot more in depth information than the documents presented for the mast put up in 2020.

Rather ironic in one image showing the coverage that the exact location of my house doesnt get a red/green overlay, its just a clear square haha

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Just had a look on the wolverhampton planning applications for this new mast. The application has a lot more in depth information than the documents presented for the mast put up in 2020.

Rather ironic in one image showing the coverage that the exact location of my house doesnt get a red/green overlay, its just a clear square haha

Document Unavailable​

This document is unavailable for viewing at this time.

They are currently keeping it a secret Gandi69 🤫😊

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Still checking everyday on forthcoming roadworks folks, but not a peep so far, fingers crossed for a reappearing three pole of wonder erection crew after the new year.:rolleyes:🤞

Zathan

Top Member
Still checking everyday on forthcoming roadworks folks, but not a peep so far, fingers crossed for a reappearing three pole of wonder erection crew after the new year.:rolleyes:🤞
Recently saw EE pop up in my area for a local pole, only thing in the description was "commhoist02" dissapeared now though.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Recently saw EE pop up in my area for a local pole, only thing in the description was "commhoist02" dissapeared now though.
I'm quite surprised at North Ayrshire councils recent 3 poles of wonder refusals, Dalry, Irvine, Saltcoats, Stevenston have all been knocked back, latest application is for Dreghorn, we'll see how that goes.

All are towns near me, so I think one of the permission deciders on the council must be from my town of Kilwinning, either that or my letter of encouragement worked.😊

So annoying that my pole of wonder got approved with no conditions, and they vanished because of 4 days of constant rain 2 days after they started their work.:mad:

With all these refusals, you'd think they would be only to happy to get on with my pole installation.:rolleyes:

Gandi69

Top Member
I'm quite surprised at North Ayrshire councils recent 3 poles of wonder refusals, Dalry, Irvine, Saltcoats, Stevenston have all been knocked back, latest application is for Dreghorn, we'll see how that goes.

All are towns near me, so I think one of the permission deciders on the council must be from my town of Kilwinning, either that or my letter of encouragement worked.😊

So annoying that my pole of wonder got approved with no conditions, and they vanished because of 4 days of constant rain 2 days after they started their work.:mad:

With all these refusals, you'd think they would be only to happy to get on with my pole installation.:rolleyes:

All gone quiet my end too, one unfinished new mast without 5g antennas and the dormant one closest to me that’s been there quite literally 12 months to the day.
It would be nice if Three’s 5g rollout/coverage map had planned works like Vodafone’s does

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
All gone quiet my end too, one unfinished new mast without 5g antennas and the dormant one closest to me that’s been there quite literally 12 months to the day.
It would be nice if Three’s 5g rollout/coverage map had planned works like Vodafone’s does
Yeah that would be great Gandi69.(y)

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Just sharing a video with you folks, another short video from Peter C about 3 Poles of Wonder. (And some other 3 related info too)

Video Here

Hope it's of interest to someone.☺️

dabigm

ULTIMATE Member
Just sharing a video with you folks, another short video from Peter C about 3 Poles of Wonder. (And some other 3 related info too)

Video Here

Hope it's of interest to someone.☺️
oh look at that. a 3POW, in front of an industrial estate.

Bedford borough council denied one next on the industrial estate at the end of my road, the reason given: "It would spoil the view", not kidding, of the industrial estate o_O

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Screenshot_20220118-174037.jpg

Well the only other 3 pole of wonder that has been approved so far in North Ayrshire is under construction now.(Irvine)(y)

How dare they start that before mine though.:mad:

At least I won't have too far to travel to experiment when it eventually goes live.

Just a pity it's not a wee bit nearer to use at home though.

Must get the tent looked out.😊

Last edited:
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £21.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4015)
  2. BT (3131)
  3. Politics (2086)
  4. Building Digital UK (2007)
  5. Openreach (1950)
  6. FTTC (1917)
  7. Business (1803)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1588)
  9. Statistics (1487)
  10. FTTH (1369)
  11. 4G (1359)
  12. Virgin Media (1264)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1229)
  14. Fibre Optic (1221)
  15. Wireless Internet (1220)
  16. Vodafone (920)
  17. EE (899)
  18. 5G (874)
  19. TalkTalk (815)
  20. Sky Broadband (782)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules