Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member

I want a 3 pole of wonder. :love:
Just sharing one of Peter C's short videos with you folks.
Hope someone finds it of interest. :giggle:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Another difficult to watch video. Monotone, unexplained tech etc. Still, this area could do with a few of these. 3 response...soon, sigh.

Another difficult to watch video. Monotone, unexplained tech etc. Still, this area could do with a few of these. 3 response...soon, sigh.
Peter's videos are not for everybody, he obviously assumes you already know some things about cellular tech etc. I also don't understand all the technical stuff, but overall I do get the gist.

Personally I like his style, honest and to the point. He's not fake like all the other youtubers desperate to get likes and subscriptions... and biggest perk of all, no flippin ads about Nord VPN!! :)

And now a word from our sponsor, NORD VPN! With Nord VPN You can keep your passwords protected yada yada yada yada GET NOW WITH 50% OFF WITH MY CODE --------------!!!!!!!

Nah, no thanks random youtuber :)

Im going to get banned for that arent i :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like a three pole of wonder, ive just watched the video before seeing this on here. Very informative. im so so so wanting a 5G phone as ive seen loads of these round Bradford and Leeds.

Sponsored Links
the works going on where I live to complete this new mast are due to the finish today yet theyve only managed to install the 5g radios at the top of the tower so far (thanks to the video before I was able to identify them).
Ill have a walk around later to take a look but im wondering if theyll actually get it finished today quite honestly. Also the works are down on One.Network as Tmobile so thats EE, I'd assume they will just install everything without three themselves having to visit site?

I'd assume they will just install everything without three themselves having to visit site?
Nah three don't have the time to fly over from Hong Kong for that. They use contractors to do everything for them

Sponsored Links
Doesnt look like it'll be going live today, something new has popped up on one.network for BT openreach right where the mast in so it looks like that'll be the fibre connectivity to it I'd have thought?
Can see a lot of potential works at other mast sites local to me for Tmobile and BT openreach too

Doesnt look like it'll be going live today, something new has popped up on one.network for BT openreach right where the mast in so it looks like that'll be the fibre connectivity to it I'd have thought?
Can see a lot of potential works at other mast sites local to me for Tmobile and BT openreach too
Even though the works show as T-mobile in one.network as far as I can work out thats just how they (one.network) happen to have the contractor doing the works 'associated' to a provider.

For example, it could be Morrison Telecom Services https://www.morrisonts.co.uk/ who actually are contracted do the works, but rather than show every different contractor on one.network they show whichever provider happens to be 'associated' with that contractor for that type of works (telecomms).
I assume one.networks have a lookup/database with those associations and I would guess in this case for [insert actual contractor here] for Telecomms works they report as T-mobile, even though your new site is a 3 Unilateral (not EE).

Edit: I also thought, from a photo you sent of the mast half-built, that it already had the 4G (passive) antennas installed - they are often preinstalled while horizontal as they contain no delicate electronics which could be damaged in transit/erection.
So the only things they would need to add would be the 5G AAUs - that is unless they're replacing the 4G panels too, if their plans have changed (which they might be if they're adding B28/700mhz and the original panels didn't support it).

43d86a8a-dc32-418b-b4ab-f187f7ee7836-jpeg.636

Edit #2: assuming the 4G panels installed were the ones in the original planning document (Huawei AHP4517R7v06) then they do cover 700Mhz, however they may still be replacing them with Commscope equivalents due to them being Huawei.

I think the 4g antennas are on this already, I compared this to another mast at a different location as I’ve been out to the super market and it looks visually similar other than that one being grey and the one by me being green.
Sorry for the bad picture I can’t really get much closer today due to road closures and time constraints on my lunch hour

So your new pole is now green?? They've replaced the entire thing if the image you sent earlier in the year/last year is the same one...?

Yes the 4G antennas (the green ones) are installed, and the 5G (grey) ones at the top are there too.

Sponsored Links
may not have shown up in the first picture I did some months ago so well but its always been a green pole. Im not sure what the colour signifies unless its something simple like trying to blend it into a leafy area?

Its just for 'blending' into the environment.

The image I included above was from your original post about it - in that it looks grey to me! Perhaps it's just the quality of the image 🤷‍♂️

It was rather a poor photo taken on a winters day through a car windscreen. Looks like next week at the earliest then for any kind of go live, unless they have more work to do after that

I might add that Three choosing to use MaMIMO for 5G instead of 8T8R is a good move as it achieves higher speeds. (Stares at EE who chose 8T8R for most of their installations). At least they've recognized the mistakes they made with their 4G and are working to bring back the old three, the best 3G network back in the day.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules