Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

Oh dear, the other Irvine pole of wonder has been refused.

No reason published so far, but I suspect it was because the area was right next to a primary school and a nursery.

Nothing so far about the only one that matters, mine. :giggle:

Getting scared to look now. :oops:

Oh dear, the other Irvine pole of wonder has been refused.

No reason published so far, but I suspect it was because the area was right next to a primary school and a nursery.

Nothing so far about the only one that matters, mine. :giggle:

Getting scared to look now. :oops:
I'm praying for you!!!!!!

Anybody know what this is attached to the pole?

Attachments

• pole-w.jpg
    pole-w.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 142
Yep, GPS.

TDD (time division duplex) frequencies for 4G such as those used primarily by Vodafone and O2 - B38/B40 - as well as C-band (3500mhz, used as n78 for 5G) needs accurate timing so GPS is used to facilitate that.

Well it's an EE/3 pole (Band 3 only), been there a few years, it's the one at Morrisons Grimsby but this appendage is only a few months old.

There's a new 5G site about a mile away. Checked on Google street view and it wasn't there last Dec 2020. This mast without 'GPS' was Aug 2018.

As Tom says above, ENDC enabled sites that can be used as the anchor site need GPS so that they are in sync with the 5G site

I'm praying for you!!!!!!
It worked Bubbles, my 3 pole of wonder has just been approved with no conditions.🥳

Good old North Ayrshire Council, 2 out of 3 aint too bad.:cool:

To say I'm over the moon is an understatement.:giggle:

Wonder if anyone is digging yet.:unsure:

It worked Bubbles, my 3 pole of wonder has just been approved with no conditions.🥳

Good old North Ayrshire Council, 2 out of 3 aint too bad.:cool:

To say I'm over the moon is an understatement.:giggle:

Wonder if anyone is digging yet.:unsure:
Ayyyyyy, glad to hear it mate. Here comes 5G 🎉

Yeah, so pleased, hope they get right on the job soon. 🥳

Screenshot_20210915-204419.jpg

Woo the date for my test hole is looking a bit more positive now folks, previously had an end date of the 31st of December but now narrowed down to 5th of October.

Very excited now that they seem to have decided on a shorter window.

I know it's not very exciting for most, but I had to share it with someone. :giggle: 🥳

Thanks for sharing.

Very disappointing Three is getting so many planning permission refusals.. I'm growing more sympathetic to their struggle.
Perhaps it’s the ugly ground units, certainly looks meh. Building a small structure actually in the park on the video and keeping the pavements clear would have gone a long way

We had Three refused on these grounds as it’s a conservation area. The Uni at the other side if the pavement could have like the park been utilised, most Gov funded bodies buildings and land should be (excluding schools) forced to give access given the Gov gets the spectrum fees, even making sites shared like the Rural & Emergency Services Network (thats had more delays than British Rail!).

U.K. governments have consistently been hopeless post WW2.

View attachment 1542

Woo the date for my test hole is looking a bit more positive now folks, previously had an end date of the 31st of December but now narrowed down to 5th of October.

Very excited now that they seem to have decided on a shorter window.

I know it's not very exciting for most, but I had to share it with someone. :giggle: 🥳
That’s great, interesting EE (T-Mobile) and Three are using CK Hutchison planning permissions... other places it’s MBNL.

One wonders how disjointed the MBNL third parties are at planning.

I might add that Three choosing to use MaMIMO for 5G instead of 8T8R is a good move as it achieves higher speeds. (Stares at EE who chose 8T8R for most of their installations). At least they've recognized the mistakes they made with their 4G and are working to bring back the old three, the best 3G network back in the day.
Which makes no sense given the mess of EEs 4/5G spectrum come 2023. Jesus it’s a mess now.

EE really have their competition with Three, BT couldn’t plan anything more than a (EE) buyout haha the 4G plans were all EE before BT got their mitts on it, now we are seeing BT at their best, amateur.

That’s great, interesting EE (T-Mobile) and Three are using CK Hutchison planning permissions... other places it’s MBNL.

One wonders how disjointed the MBNL third parties are at planning.
Yeah, the Three 5G mast in my town (carries EE 4G as well) is marked MBNL, performance is quite bad compared to other areas ive tested.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules