Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

200Mhz is unlikely to make much difference in coverage, Vodafone know what they are doing when deciding what spectrum to bid for and I highly doubt they will have any less coverage than the others.
They do now, as stated, o2 it’s base station site partner for most of the U.K. will have better reaching coverage on 700MHz 4/5G.

You think o2 won’t use 700MHz 4G to trump Voda from the same Vodafone 800MHz 4/5G base station site, of course they will, coverage is king, data speeds come second fiddle to actually being able to use your mobile phone as a phone & text messaging.

The mobile internet’s great but if you have no signal indoors or in the wide open/landmass versus Three/EE/o2 then customer numbers will suffer in time as 700MHz is rolled out, & let’s face it the new high and load speed spectrums are being rolled out pronto, esp due to covid.

Voda Global has little interest in Voda U.K. or it would have invested in 4/5G landmass coverage, it’s nowt more than the original Vodafone Group founding company, a flag waver.

Never mind perhaps it’s BT Wholesale agreement will mean you can auto connect to a home broadbands customers Vodafone Wi-fi point where it has no 700MHz coverage so you can call & text via VoWiFi, VodaFON, lol.

Well the dismal 20 years of ‘customer care’ had to catch up with the Boardroom at some point, seems 2021 was that year.

Sad to see Vodafone UK demise.

Voda Global is on its ball though,
Vodafone Spain is also laying off 12% of its staff by Nov. It’s the forth lay off round in 8 years at Voda ES
There is hardly any differance in reach between the two bands as stated, i dont see what you have against Vodafone but they are certainly not at a disadvantage by not having a bit of 700Mhz spectrum lol.

Have you ever lived in the hills of Scotland or bush of Australia or the landmass likes of USA, India etc etc It makes a vast difference between service and no service.

T-Mobile USA spent $8 billion on B71 600MHz for 4/5G in 2017.

Alaska CGI signed up for a roaming agreement with T-Mob. https://blog.gci.com/gci-customers-...states-through-new-partnership-with-t-mobile/

There are plenty of large villages towns & areas in the U.K. that need 700MHz 5G, why bother with a BT Vodafone Broadband contract if you don’t have the coverage to match other networks or your own broadband footprint, that’s what o2 & Three are avoiding, BT Wholesale, and providing fibre/5G as delivery where as BT & EE are stuck in a slow copper wire land ongoing.

At least EE can bang base stations on any telephone exchange countrywide, Vodafone don’t have that option or 700MHz. Vodafone UK doesn’t even own one of its own base stations now, it’s owned by a Vodafone EU company which is strange when you aren’t a EU country.

You don’t need to be a intellect to know where Vodafone U.K. is going, nowhere... for sale. Offhive to D Telekom, Orange France... Verizon or AT&T would well want a U.K. subsidiary. Vodafone Global is losing money just being based in the U.K. now, it’s called tax across borders.

Voda U.K. is being stripped down like a Capitalist Venture firm does, it’s also not investing in coverage, owns zero base stations, it’s biggest assets have been moved out of Voda U.K. to EU company.

Whoever ends up buying Voda U.K. will have to pay Vodafone Vantage rental until they can build outside Cornerstone, esp them 700MHz black holes no other U.K. network has.

One word, Brexit.

Vodafone is a EU & Global company not a U.K. one.

Yeah, they are the fastest by far in my area of town, i think the max i have seen here is about 130megabit, not far from Threes poor performing 5G tower on the other side of town that maxes at 200 or so!
Probably just need the backhaul pipe upgraded, where Mimo isn’t or would not work for Three in saturated base stations they seem to be activating 5G to stop the 4G saturation and sell that 5G broadband for revenue. Even with lower backhaul pipe capacity.

Ericsson have installed many thousands of 4/5G upgrades but the backhaul pipes needed for 5G are the tricky part of planning, many are waiting just to get switched on.

Win win really. Apart from the 5G here is apparently ready to go live and they haven’t, meanwhile Covid has saturated me to 1/3 of the 4G speeds I did bet haha. Three Router return incoming.

CityFibre installing new CKH Three U.K. base stations very recently hasn’t pushed 5G on unfortunately even on them non MBNL sites, ah well, unlimited Lebara 5G 200Mbps it is until Nov and then o2 5G again if Three haven’t gone live.

If o2 had not been incompetent about a faulty handset they couldn’t get a repair bag sent of never have left until I knew Three 5G was live.

200Mbps 5G, enjoy it, many people are stuck on the old saturated 4G network with 5G installed and a lack of backhaul pipe capacity.
Between EE 5G going live on MBNL sites and now I’ve lost 2/3 Three 4G speeds since April.

They do now, as stated, o2 it’s base station site partner for most of the U.K. will have better reaching coverage on 700MHz 4/5G.

You think o2 won’t use 700MHz 4G to trump Voda from the same Vodafone 800MHz 4/5G base station site, of course they will, coverage is king, data speeds come second fiddle to actually being able to use your mobile phone as a phone & text messaging.

The mobile internet’s great but if you have no signal indoors or in the wide open/landmass versus Three/EE/o2 then customer numbers will suffer in time as 700MHz is rolled out, & let’s face it the new high and load speed spectrums are being rolled out pronto, esp due to covid.

Voda Global has little interest in Voda U.K. or it would have invested in 4/5G landmass coverage, it’s nowt more than the original Vodafone Group founding company, a flag waver.

Never mind perhaps it’s BT Wholesale agreement will mean you can auto connect to a home broadbands customers Vodafone Wi-fi point where it has no 700MHz coverage so you can call & text via VoWiFi, VodaFON, lol.

Well the dismal 20 years of ‘customer care’ had to catch up with the Boardroom at some point, seems 2021 was that year.

Sad to see Vodafone UK demise.

Voda Global is on its ball though,
Vodafone Spain is also laying off 12% of its staff by Nov. It’s the forth lay off round in 8 years at Voda ES

Have you ever lived in the hills of Scotland or bush of Australia or the landmass likes of USA, India etc etc It makes a vast difference between service and no service.

T-Mobile USA spent $8 billion on B71 600MHz for 4/5G in 2017.

Alaska CGI signed up for a roaming agreement with T-Mob. https://blog.gci.com/gci-customers-...states-through-new-partnership-with-t-mobile/

There are plenty of large villages towns & areas in the U.K. that need 700MHz 5G, why bother with a BT Vodafone Broadband contract if you don’t have the coverage to match other networks or your own broadband footprint, that’s what o2 & Three are avoiding, BT Wholesale, and providing fibre/5G as delivery where as BT & EE are stuck in a slow copper wire land ongoing.

At least EE can bang base stations on any telephone exchange countrywide, Vodafone don’t have that option or 700MHz. Vodafone UK doesn’t even own one of its own base stations now, it’s owned by a Vodafone EU company which is strange when you aren’t a EU country.

You don’t need to be a intellect to know where Vodafone U.K. is going, nowhere... for sale. Offhive to D Telekom, Orange France... Verizon or AT&T would well want a U.K. subsidiary. Vodafone Global is losing money just being based in the U.K. now, it’s called tax across borders.

Voda U.K. is being stripped down like a Capitalist Venture firm does, it’s also not investing in coverage, owns zero base stations, it’s biggest assets have been moved out of Voda U.K. to EU company.

Whoever ends up buying Voda U.K. will have to pay Vodafone Vantage rental until they can build outside Cornerstone, esp them 700MHz black holes no other U.K. network has.

One word, Brexit.

Vodafone is a EU & Global company not a U.K. one.
Do you work for 02? (Who are dreadful here) There is very little differance between 7,8,900mhz, stop talking poo poo

Do you work for 02? There is very little differance between 7,8,900mhz, stop talking poo poo
It’s not poo, I’ve lived places without lower frequencies your on landline & dial up, ie 1970s, which pretty much sums up BT Openreach.

I couldn’t work with a mobile network even the plebs infiltrated the management table, I’d be fired for constantly rolling my eyes at them winging it to the CEO, Chair & Board, it wouldn’t be any better even going into area retail I’d be sacking them all lol, at least Three fired a lot of their top plebs after the Relish Three Broadband (non) “integration” disaster that was meant to be a massive Three (London) launch for the rest of the U.K. to be interested in Three 5G, mind you at least Vodafone 700MHz has taken the heat off the Three Broadband Relish, launches go wrong (EE 5G payg sim in a HUAWEI 5G router that ran out of data anyone?), but poor network coverage is a wrong ane in its own right.

It’s not poo, I’ve lived places without lower frequencies your on landline & dial up, ie 1970s, which pretty much sums up BT Openreach.

I couldn’t work with a mobile network even the plebs infiltrated the management table, I’d be fired for constantly rolling my eyes at them winging it to the CEO, Chair & Board, it wouldn’t be any better even going into area retail I’d be sacking them all lol, at least Three fired a lot of their top plebs after the Relish Three Broadband (non) “integration” disaster that was meant to be a massive Three (London) launch for the rest of the U.K. to be interested in Three 5G, mind you at least Vodafone 700MHz has taken the heat off the Three Broadband Relish, launches go wrong (EE 5G payg sim in a HUAWEI 5G router that ran out of data anyone?), but poor network coverage is a wrong ane in its own right.
Frequencys used down a copper line are not really relevant when it comes to cell towers

Frequencys used down a copper line are not really relevant when it comes to cell towers
I know that man.

But a lack of 700MHz can make you dependent on copper comms as I call it, or Wi-fi calling these days.

Vodafone (&o2) was once the epitome of network coverage and free enterprise as Maggie said, now it’s stripping itself bare. Sad times.

At least o2/3 coverage will be good for non urban Scotland. I refuse to use EE given the £1 billion subsidy it’s been given by the Scottish Gov to date (outside the UK Emergency Services Network payment) for broadband/B20 coverage.

It's already reality that certain networks are better in some places than others.

The reality with Vodafone is they already have a full roster of spectrum that is ready or will be ready for use where it is in demand.

Although it might be considered important to spready coverage into every geographical nook and cranny its actually more important for Vodafone to build on its existing infrastructure to improve and make better resiliant network for the masses. (ie. urban)

It always falls into the category of what he wants or she wants, reality is that prioritising coverage for the few and abandoning the many is bad business.

Vodafone have a lot of stuff going on in its priority area's and O2 are doing whatever they are doing (note, I'm not in a strong O2 area so biased to say anything)

As for bring up Emergency comm's, this is errelevent as Vodafone, O2, EE or Three we will all be able to dial 999 if someone is covering it and we also seem to be forgetting that GSM isn't going anywhere and is far superior it covering vast distances than 700mhz will.

Also mentioning 600mhz over in North America, I was in Canada for 2 years, lots of 700mhz coverage too because I was out in rural area's, however operators had multiple sets of 20mhz to use at a time to balancew capacity and also bonded other low end spectrum, in the UK there is single set of 10mhz being shared by a much denser and larger population so issues arrise.
Maybe he will listen to you haha

It's already reality that certain networks are better in some places than others.

The reality with Vodafone is they already have a full roster of spectrum that is ready or will be ready for use where it is in demand.

Although it might be considered important to spready coverage into every geographical nook and cranny its actually more important for Vodafone to build on its existing infrastructure to improve and make better resiliant network for the masses. (ie. urban)

It always falls into the category of what he wants or she wants, reality is that prioritising coverage for the few and abandoning the many is bad business.

Vodafone have a lot of stuff going on in its priority area's and O2 are doing whatever they are doing (note, I'm not in a strong O2 area so biased to say anything)

As for bring up Emergency comm's, this is errelevent as Vodafone, O2, EE or Three we will all be able to dial 999 if someone is covering it and we also seem to be forgetting that GSM isn't going anywhere and is far superior it covering vast distances than 700mhz will.

Also mentioning 600mhz over in North America, I was in Canada for 2 years, lots of 700mhz coverage too because I was out in rural area's, however operators had multiple sets of 20mhz to use at a time to balancew capacity and also bonded other low end spectrum, in the UK there is single set of 10mhz being shared by a much denser and larger population so issues arrise.
Emergency comms/999, that’s nowt to do with coverage that all networks can now get with access to new base station sites EE was contracted by Gov to build (still behind schedule again.)

Vodafone UK doesn’t have any infrastructure than the Cable & Wireless ring, it no longer owns its own BST sites. Full roster ? It doesn’t have 700MHz like all
networks do, it’s not FULL at all.

Canada as you stated has a different set up so it gets away with 700MHz, again USA 600MHz is a different set up but needed, even Alaska Comms on its 600MHz signed a roaming agreement for National USA roaming with T-Mobile.

Spectrum matters, base stations matter. At least Three is building CK Hutchison sites outside its for sale MBNL 50% as it needs to for their premium high frequency high speed 100MHz 5G. Vodafone is doing exactly the opposite, selling its base stations, not investing in coverage spectrum or solo base stations outside Cornerstone when it could as it’s currently a Voda Global subsidiary company holding 50% Cornerstone, no 700MHz and needs build out to compensate for that, it’s not doing it. Stripped back. Everything points to a sell off.

Three on the other hand & o2 have invested in 5G and building out solo sites from MBNL/Cornerstone.

EE/Vodafone are content with BT Broadband income that Three & o2 are away to steal a lot of their customers to Virgin that’s going FTTP & 5G.

BT & Vodafone really aren’t seeing 5G for what it is, future. Most people need mobile high speed not fixed to the wall.

Virgin/o2 merger brings non TiVo Telefonica TV & it’s other inhouse tech inhouse to Vo2 from Telefonica and o2 gets better backhaul.

BT/EE broadband network at least are the incumbent and with 700MHz.

Vodafone UK has become weaker and weaker there’s no denying that fact, sad but true the national that went international is gone and pretty much is going EU, Vrexit.

Voda/millions mobile subscribers

Germany30.81
Italy18.32
United Kingdom17.25
Spain13.24
Romania9.36
Portugal4.53
Greece4.07
Czech Republic3.94
Hungary3.06
Ireland2
Albania1.36

Is it any surprise Vantage Towers AG listed in Germany https://www.vantagetowers.com/sites/tower-co-v2/files/vantage-towers-prospectus-v3.pdf

Vodafone has also restructured as Africa & Europe.

Spain currently in staff lay off mode.

Voda U.K. is the biggest commercial business leader brand (not with no 700MHz it won’t be versus the competition much longer) sell it for as much as you can when you can.

Voda AU 50/50 merged with Three (Hutchison Télécom AU Ltd ), then merged with TPG - Vodafone & HTAL each own a interest of 25.05%.

Whilst Australasia Vodafone NZ sold.

Voda U.K. is going, going going Vrexit. All Vodafone Global it’s main assets are now EU, Africa secondly.

Why pay tax to move EU profits to a U.K. head office, less revenue/dividends

Why strip assets out Voda U.K. & not invest in 700MHz.

It’s not IF it’s when.

Voda/millions mobile subscribers

Germany30.81
Italy18.32
United Kingdom17.25
Spain13.24
Romania9.36
Portugal4.53
Greece4.07
Czech Republic3.94
Hungary3.06
Ireland2
Albania1.36

Is it any surprise Vantage Towers AG listed in Germany https://www.vantagetowers.com/sites/tower-co-v2/files/vantage-towers-prospectus-v3.pdf

Vodafone has also restructured as Africa & Europe.

Spain currently in staff lay off mode.

Voda U.K. is the biggest commercial business leader brand (not with no 700MHz it won’t be versus the competition much longer) sell it for as much as you can when you can.

Voda AU 50/50 merged with Three (Hutchison Télécom AU Ltd ), then merged with TPG - Vodafone & HTAL each own a interest of 25.05%.

Whilst Australasia Vodafone NZ sold.

Voda U.K. is going, going going Vrexit. All Vodafone Global it’s main assets are now EU, Africa secondly.

Why pay tax to move EU profits to a U.K. head office, less revenue/dividends

Why strip assets out Voda U.K. & not invest in 700MHz.

It’s not IF it’s when.
Vodafone DO NOT NEED 700Mhz they have more than enough low band spectrum as you have been told, you come across as a troll at this point

They use 600mhz in canada too bud.

Err. maybe in your neck of the woods but they are stupendously behind the other networks.

Again just drivelling on the opposit side of the tracks.... BT are probably the most mobile connectivity friendly as it gets.

There's a lot of denying the fact, my own testing proves your statement wrong.

We'll see, the whole deal was under investigation last I heard, and the fact that the deal with Virgin and Vodafone is in place for a long time to come kinda tell's me O2 aren't as ready as you claim.

Well aware :)
You referenced 700, not 600.

The difference in Canada is life or death in winter - you want 600MHz coverage, my best mate is French Canadian, his dad also owns one the biggest telco network franchises in Canada so i’ll take his word for it 600MHz is king on that landmass, his dad even arranged me a free 600MHz dual sim top of the range phone to travel Canada & USA before Covid ended that trip, so yeah I’ll take more expert advice from people who sell the product nationwide in Canada than a U.K. based person more than likely roaming, and on 700MHz at that by your own admission.

o2 had the 4G indoor coverage obligation on its 800MHz 2013 licence - a minimum level of indoor data coverage to 98% of all UK premises by 31 December 2017, which Ofcom signed off as met so it’s not bad like you say it is, quite the Vodafone defender are you not, I mean Ofcom won’t sign anything off of failure means fine$.

o2 adding 700MHz 4/5G to Cornerstone just boosts that Ofcom obligation that Vodafone doesn’t have and never will now.

BT 800MHz isn’t internet connectivity friendly, more landmass calls and texts than anything. I know that personally in a city stuck on Band 20 most places except the city centre. That’s why Scot Gov had to give BT Scotland almost a billion pounds as the EE coverage and speeds (& broadband network) were atrocious between the few coastal cities of underpopulated landmass Scotland versus overpopulated landmass England. Far too little B20 base stations outside cities and towns, ie a lack of carrier aggregation also.

o2 Virgin merger was approved way way back in May.

Area testing has nothing to do with boardroom decisions that are away to impact Vodafone performance (versus EE/o2/Three) until the 6G auction happens late 2020s.

if you are well aware of ESN why are you going on about 999 calls, the two aren’t related.

Vodafone DO NOT NEED 700Mhz they have more than enough low band spectrum as you have been told, you come across as a troll at this point
No, they do, o2 is away to hammer Vodafone for 4/5G coverage off the same Cornerstone base stations. You come across like a Vodafone executive grasping at straws your Vrexit plan cats out the bag.

All you’ve religiously done is defend Vodafone & ignored all the facts I’ve spoken about, be more EE/Three/o2 700MHz 5G less Vodafone 3G refarmed 900Mhz 5G ;)

No, they do, o2 is away to hammer Vodafone for 4/5G coverage off the same Cornerstone base stations. You come across like a Vodafone executive grasping at straws your Vrexit plan cats out the bag.

All you’ve religiously done is defend Vodafone & ignored all the facts I’ve spoken about, be more EE/Three/o2 700MHz 5G less Vodafone 3G refarmed 900Mhz 5G ;)
There is hardly any difference in reach between the Bands you talk about, 02 performance is absolutely terrible here compared to the other 3 providers, my own testing confirms this.

There is hardly any difference in reach between the Bands you talk about, 02 performance is absolutely terrible here compared to the other 3 providers, my own testing confirms this.
That’s 4G 800MHz+ now not 4/5G 700MHz incoming, there is so a massive difference between 700MHz 5G and 800MHz 4G.

4G alone saturates in a way 5G doesn’t. Per square mile the numbers of internet using connections between 4G & 5G is day and night, even on low band 700MHz which also gives coverage that Vodafone 900MHz won’t give, especially o2 5G 700 versus Voda 5G 900 broadcasting off the Voda/o2 joint venture Cornerstone BST’s.

Granted speed will be marginally higher with V 900 5G but the coverage on o2 700 5G will be more than marginal - all off the same Cornerstone BST site.

The flagship Vodafone (UK) has become a token flagship. NO investment, stripped of all its assets.

Vodafone Global (UK) losing revenue to tax man in EU. Africa & EU spilt, UK site solo. Voda U.K. BST owner: Vantage Towers AG - guess where Vodafone’s biggest market is? Germany! in the EU. Where has Vodafone put all its U.K. & EU BST assets: (Ad)Vantage.

Vodafone UK is a grey goose, Vodafone Global UK is losing money by sitting in UK.

Vodafone is dead as we knew it, just like their coverage will be versus EE/o2/Three.

Fool the fool who buys Vodafone UK from Voda Global, there’s going to be a lot of BST sites to build outside Cornerstone-Vantage a to match the other Cornerstone partner 700MHz on o2.

She had her time in the sun internationally and now she’s voting for what y’all voted for.. Vrexit

Somethings you just need to accept .

Blimey. That was a lot to read up on. Not sure where Seani come from but troll seems the right word.

You’re clearly an O2 fan, one of the lucky few who seem to get good O2 coverage, well done.

Majority of others will disagree, and absolutely move more in favour of the more reliable, faster, and functional Vodafone.

Seems like we can’t have our own valid, tried and tested opinions, and that you see on paper are the “facts”, certainly around the Vodafone 700mhz spectrum they didn’t need due to their 900mhz they already spent millions if not billions on.

Let’s all agree to disagree because his friends dad said it’s true and that’s the end of that.

Edit: you stress about the 700mhz being better over night than the 900mhz, how do you know they’re not all within somewhat reach of each other so overall distance doesn’t matter if they’re focusing on rural population as a whole?

Leave it be, our opinions and facts aren’t valid, we get it, turn the record off and go back to enjoying your weekend

I thought this this thread was about three poles of wonder......

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules