Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

Please ignore this troll, the reach between 7,8,900Mhz is almost the same
Yes that’s why Telstra, T-Mobile and EE’s of the world all buy the lowest (highest price) frequencies because it’s not “that different”.

U.K. 700MHz:

EE) £280 million GBP for 2×10 MHz of paired.

£4 million GBP additional 20 MHz block of supplementary downlink (SDL) spectrum.

Total £844 million.

Vodafone £0

O2) £280 million for 2×10 MHz paired.

Three) £280 2 x 10 MHz.

£844 million out £1.38 BILLION the total 5G auction revenue isn’t no difference in 700MHz coverage v 900MHz 5G .

Speculate to accumulate. 3 U.K. networks know it’s needed, it landmass/indoor coverage.

Vodafone has chosen to have the worst coverage. 900MHz 5G will have some speed increase but it’s indoor and landmass coverage will suffer, especially reliant on Cornerstone base stations where o2 will be picking Voda customers up.

If anyone is trolling here it’s Vodafone U.K. press saying that it can compete on a just as equal level with the now three majors because it has 900MHz 5G to compete. And you believe it. Haha.

Yes that’s why Telstra, T-Mobile and EE’s of the world all buy the lowest (highest price) frequencies because it’s not “that different”.

U.K. 700MHz:

EE) £280 million GBP for 2×10 MHz of paired.

£4 million GBP additional 20 MHz block of supplementary downlink (SDL) spectrum.

Total £844 million.

Vodafone £0

O2) £280 million for 2×10 MHz paired.

Three) £280 2 x 10 MHz.

£844 million out £1.38 BILLION the total 5G auction revenue isn’t no difference in 700MHz coverage v 900MHz 5G .

Speculate to accumulate. 3 U.K. networks know it’s needed, it landmass/indoor coverage.

Vodafone has chosen to have the worst coverage. 900MHz 5G will have some speed increase but it’s indoor and landmass coverage will suffer, especially reliant on Cornerstone base stations where o2 will be picking Voda customers up.

If anyone is trolling here it’s Vodafone U.K. press saying that it can compete on a just as equal level with the now three majors because it has 900MHz 5G to compete. And you believe it. Haha.
You are being abit thick now, EE didnt have hardly any low band spectrum and neither did 3 before the auction, Vodafone did, get your facts right.

Broken record. It's getting quite boring now.

I'm not tied into a contract with VF for the rest of my life. I can swap in the future of other networks start outperforming VF. At the moment, in my area, nothing outperforms VF

You are being abit thick now, EE didnt have hardly any low band spectrum and neither did 3 before the auction, Vodafone did, get your facts right.

? They all had 800MHz. Lower than Vodafone planned 3G 900MHz to 5G move upcoming. No doubt that will have to be shared with 4G as now still so it’s even more diluted V5G coverage.

And we are talking about 700MHz and Voda having none, ever, post auction not pre auction. And why it now puts itself in a precarious position of becoming the 4th U.K. (pending a sale & EU move) for coverage over the best few years of refarming & 5G roll out on its o2 700MHz shared base stations. It not hard to work out V looses its advantage over base station partner o2.

I agree Voda UK as as thick as the Tory fingers in the public till.

? They all had 800MHz. Lower than Vodafone planned 3G 900MHz to 5G move upcoming. No doubt that will have to be shared with 4G as now still so it’s even more diluted V5G coverage.

And we are talking about 700MHz and Voda having none, ever, post auction not pre auction. And why it now puts itself in a precarious position of becoming the 4th U.K. (pending a sale & EU move) for coverage over the best few years of refarming & 5G roll out on its o2 700MHz shared base stations. It not hard to work out V looses its advantage over base station partner o2.

I agree Voda UK as as thick as the Tory fingers in the public till.
EE and 3 only have 5Mhz of 800, hardly anything and almost always saturated

Broken record. It's getting quite boring now.

I'm not tied into a contract with VF for the rest of my life. I can swap in the future of other networks start outperforming VF. At the moment, in my area, nothing outperforms VF

When did I mention anyone’s particular set up? all I‘ve said is Voda going to become the U.K. budget network with its inferior 5G coverage. Stripped of assets it owned. Poor long term coverage investment. EU & Africa subsidiaries. Losing revenue to the EU tax man which it has to move to EU to get around.

VUK - Dead man walking.

EE and 3 only have 5Mhz of 800, hardly anything and almost always saturated

But a signal is better than no signal, 5G 700MHz v 900MHz. It doesn’t compare to stay ahead, even Three for the first time will have a national network footprint, and Voda will have well...

This guy is annoying me now, taking all the threads on this forum off topic and generally confusing everyone reading them.

I can’t see me being able to post without this guy ruining threads.

Worst people on forums used to be the Virgin Media fan boys and now it looks like we’ve got them here With O2 thanks to the merger.
Well use ignore then.

o2 fanboi, I’m a fan of no brand, everything consumer has it’s ying & yang, positive & negative. For example Vodafone 5G will be great for high speed urban but not rural U.K.

Try as a community to be nice to people not schoolchild playground mentality, all I’m trying to do is converse about relevant things & the response is how dare you come to our box and think outside the box? I actually read ISP review (& other mobile websites) not just post in the ISPr forums, most of the things I speak about can be gleamed from reading the information on ISPreview & other online sources.

Would you like me to apologise to you and the other forums board members I do actually read the main website ?

In a world where you can be anything, be kind, be a real MAN - be a gentleman to others. Toy and name throwing is reductive to the huMAN species on or offline.

Now if you like away find the ignore button.

Good day to you.

This guy is annoying me now, taking all the threads on this forum off topic and generally confusing everyone reading them.

I can’t see me being able to post without this guy ruining threads.

Worst people on forums used to be the Virgin Media fan boys and now it looks like we’ve got them here With O2 thanks to the merger.
I just wish we could fix stupid 😴 can’t Mark block him 😑

I just wish we could fix stupid 😴 can’t Mark block him 😑
Already reported him once but I'm pretty sure he's not done anything wrong in the eyes of then forum apart from annoy and spread incorrect info.

First day of my 3 pole of wonder test hole window (9 days), but no one there so far.
Just keeping you posted so everyone can get some sleep. :giggle: ;)

That's gonna take him a while to dig by hand, poor sod. 🤣
There's 2 of them TallPaul_S, hopefully they are enough to dig a test hole.

I was thinking that as well right enough.

Maybe better take the poor souls some Irn Bru n Tunnocks Teacakes. :giggle:

I guess they are happy with the test hole already folks. (Hopefully)

Excavation for pole root/cabinets and associated ducting in footway for new 5G telecoms build. 2 way lights, fw closure/diversion, bus stop suspensions (FW diversion overnight)

Scheduled for 25th of October. (y)

Hope you have more luck with 5G than me and that bloody viaduct!!!!!!!

Hope you have more luck with 5G than me and that bloody viaduct!!!!!!!
No viaduct Bubbles, but a good few houses, so fingers crossed it'll at least improve my 30 megs on 4G.🤞

5G will be a mystery surprise to me, not knowing what I'll get. :giggle:

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules