Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

That cabinet is almost certainly a power + backhaul cab. I can tell from how tall it is and the fact that there's two doors. Top one for fibre backhaul and bottom cab for power & breaker.

Two new pieces in the puzzle have turned up this morning folks.
A lonely cabinet and what looks like the ground mount of the pole.
Cabinet
Pole Mount
You're all going to be sick of my 3 pole of wonder soon, I can tell.:LOL:
Looks like the cabinet's waiting for the bus, its had enough.:rolleyes:
This was mine in the middle of August:

IMG-20210908-144856.jpg

Pole didn't go up until the end of Sept, some 6 weeks later.

Now, 1 month on, although 4G has been turned on, no 5G yet from the pole.

I do however have planned work for the 8-9th Nov at the site. They still need to remove the old 4G mast and cabs but can't see that being done over 2 days, and not until the new mast is fully working so maybe... just maybe it's 5G work! 😬

IMG-20210908-144856.jpg

I do however have planned work for the 8-9th Nov at the site. They still need to remove the old 4G mast and cabs but can't see that being done over 2 days, and not until the new mast is fully working so maybe... just maybe it's 5G work! 😬
IMG_20211026_170754.jpg

Thanks for sharing that TallPaul_S, 5G fingers crossed for you.🤞

A new sign appeared today, this is for all the new connections etc.
I've been trying to work out where on earth it's going to be connected to but have no idea.:rolleyes:

Do they connect them into FTTC cabinets? because the nearest one isn't exactly close.

If all goes to plan there is a further notice for the 15th of November for rigging and testing.

It all seems to be happening at quite a pace.(y)

There are several new holes being dug near here. Unfortunately it's the water company.:(
Aw, thats just not the same level of excitement as a 3 pole of wonder eccles.😊

IMG-20210908-144856.jpg

Are you a Three customer to confirm no 5G available? As smarty is indecisive about when it can and can’t use 5G

Are you a Three customer to confirm no 5G available? As smarty is indecisive about when it can and can’t use 5G
Yep, see my sig.

I have 5g from a mast 2.4km away, I check almost every day on speed/signal and can see I'm connected to the new mast on 4G (my upload has gone from 10 to 15mbps since the new mast went up) but not on 5G, this has stayed exactly the same, hence still getting from my old mast. Also, I've moved the router to a window with direct LOS of the new mast and zero 5G signal (but the 4G upload goes up to 20-25mbps).

Day 3
They've all scarpered, at least they remembered the cabinet and pole ground mount.

Side View
Muck Hole

I'm all worried now lol, please just let it be the terrible weather, they'll remember to come back right? :oops:😊

Day 3
They've all scarpered, at least they remembered the cabinet and pole ground mount.

Side View
Muck Hole

I'm all worried now lol, please just let it be the terrible weather, they'll remember to come back right? :oops:😊
I noticed some work pending for one of the MBNL poles near me, not very hopeful of any upgrades since it only broadcasts band 20 for 3, I want a pole of wonder.

I noticed some work pending for one of the MBNL poles near me, not very hopeful of any upgrades since it only broadcasts band 20 for 3, I want a pole of wonder.
I just hope the rain stops soon Zathan, not wanting any extra delays to my beloved pole of wonder.😟

I never thought abit of rain would stop them working, then again, when work is being done on roads, it seems like they come out, scatter around some cones and go back home.
The rain has been relentless though, really heavy, still chucking it down.

Not a cone left in sight, just a pile of very wet mud.

Fingers crossed it dries up soon and they all come back so I can get excited again and sleep at night. :ROFLMAO:

Planned work on my pole is still scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. Fingers crossed for the full switch on! 🤞

My speed has increased a bit over the last few days though, seeing over 200mbps download quite regularly now even mid-day when it would normally be around 150-160mbps.

Planned work on my pole is still scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. Fingers crossed for the full switch on! 🤞
At least you 2 have poles, they took my bits n bobs away before they even started.:cry:

Good luck for Monday and Tuesday TallPaul_S.🤞

Work started on my pole at 7pm last night, could see massive floodlights on the area, and my cell ID changed to my old pole yesterday evening. The old 4G mast is still there as I type, and I'm back connected to the new pole as of this morning, but only for 4G at the moment. Work is still ongoing until midnight apparently, here's hoping they switch on 5G on the new pole tonight! 🤞

So...

I've moved my router all of 4ft, and....

12305975824.png

Upload is poor but with the router the other side of the house (where the new mast is (it's currently the complete opposite side of the house) I know I've had 25mbps upload before.

Need to do some re arranging and testing of speed once the router is on the same side of the house as the new monopole.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules