Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

Ok, quick and dirty 2 min test with the router plonked nearest a plug on the same side of the house as the new monopole, on the CPE Pro wifi:

Screenshot-20211109-210456-2.png

Think there's still work being done/they're still playing with the signal so I think I need to give it a day or 3 for the signal to stabilise, literally 12 inches difference in router location is meaning the difference between 11 ping, or 22 ping, and 220mbps download, or 600mbps download...

I might also have a cable issue somewhere as when I was seeing 600-700mbps on wifi direct to the router, I was only seeing 300mbps on ethernet, via a couple of switches. I've a feeling where the router is currently is right on the edge of the 2 mast signals and it's connecting to one or the other with tiny movements in location.

And don't get me started on the 5G stats, the fastest speeds seemed to coincide with the worst signal!! :ROFLMAO:

On the plus side, I timed a 1GB file download to take under 13 seconds. That's quite frankly ridiculous.

Think there's still work being done/they're still playing with the signal so I think I need to give it a day or 3 for the signal to stabilise, literally 12 inches difference in router location is meaning the difference between 11 ping, or 22 ping, and 220mbps download, or 600mbps download...

I might also have a cable issue somewhere as when I was seeing 600-700mbps on wifi direct to the router, I was only seeing 300mbps on ethernet, via a couple of switches. I've a feeling where the router is currently is right on the edge of the 2 mast signals and it's connecting to one or the other with tiny movements in location.

And don't get me started on the 5G stats, the fastest speeds seemed to coincide with the worst signal!! :ROFLMAO:

On the plus side, I timed a 1GB file download to take under 13 seconds. That's quite frankly ridiculous.
All those issues sound like they'd be resolved if they took away your new pole of wonder. Hold on, I'll just let them know... 😉

All those issues sound like they'd be resolved if they took away your new pole of wonder. Hold on, I'll just let them know... 😉
Great idea Gavin, then I'll not be the only one to have their pole of wonder stolen from them. (y)😅;)

(Well a cabinet, hole and the ground mount):rolleyes:

Well the 5G signal from the new mast is still there, although the Three network maintenance checker say's they're still doing work in my area.

Unfortunately with 2x people WFH this week from 9am until 8pm I'm not going to have chance to play around with location until the weekend, but in my office at the front of the house I can move the router down out of window level which means it connects to the new 310m mast rather than the old 2.4km mast, and I'm seeing a reliable 500+mbps download:
12308947790.png

This is the layout with the 2 mast directions and distances. I'm limited to my office at the front and the living room at the back due to ethernet cabling in the house.
5G.png

With the router at the back of the house I see upload increase to 25-30mbps - not sure on download as I've not been able to get a reliable signal there with the brief time I had last night.

OK, so I lied. I have managed to have a play with location tonight.

It REALLY does not like being behind the TV. Must be some strong interference there. 3ft away however.... (ethernet to the other side of the house, test run on my office PC)

7c81ae78-3ced-4ba6-90be-8b58a161e064.png

I've not even tried upstairs yet. Even though it's not a location I can have it permanently, I might see if I can get close to 1gbps on wifi. :p

Was out today and noticed there’s another 3/EE mast gone up at the end of my street. No 5g antennas on it yet though.
That’s quite close to the one nearest to me? Less than half a mile if that

Was out today and noticed there’s another 3/EE mast gone up at the end of my street. No 5g antennas on it yet though.
Watch it doesn't rain for a few days Gandi69, or they'll take the lot down, clear off and never be seen again. :rolleyes:😊

The one I pointed out to you here?

The one I pointed out to you here?
Yeah that’s the one, it definitely wasn’t there at the start of this week. I just assumed they were just doing some sort of connection work for the mast closest to me not building a whole new mast. Whilst I think it’s a good thing in one way, it’s probably means there is still months to go before go live now as it appears they don’t take these live until they are are all ready to go.

Yeah that’s the one, it definitely wasn’t there at the start of this week. I just assumed they were just doing some sort of connection work for the mast closest to me not building a whole new mast. Whilst I think it’s a good thing in one way, it’s probably means there is still months to go before go live now as it appears they don’t take these live until they are are all ready to go.
which makes sense... do the work once configure and ensure interference/noise is minimised and handover optimised, rather than keep revisiting

Just had a look on the wolverhampton planning applications for this new mast. The application has a lot more in depth information than the documents presented for the mast put up in 2020.

Rather ironic in one image showing the coverage that the exact location of my house doesnt get a red/green overlay, its just a clear square haha

Just had a look on the wolverhampton planning applications for this new mast. The application has a lot more in depth information than the documents presented for the mast put up in 2020.

Rather ironic in one image showing the coverage that the exact location of my house doesnt get a red/green overlay, its just a clear square haha

Document Unavailable​

This document is unavailable for viewing at this time.

They are currently keeping it a secret Gandi69 🤫😊

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules