Sponsored Links

A 3 Pole of Wonder

For me the mix match of the cabs spoil the MBNL Ph8s - they end up looking like an urban skyline! Voda/O2 Orions which usually just have one large cab (larger than the Ph8s) for everything but for me they look cleaner because of it.

One such Tube of Fun:
medium

For me the mix match of the cabs spoil the MBNL Ph8s - they end up looking like an urban skyline! Voda/O2 Orions which usually just have one large cab (larger than the phi's) for everything but for me they look cleaner because of it.

One such Tube of Fun:
medium
Maybe they've hidden 2 of these in trees here Gavin, that's why I can't find them.:rolleyes:

One of them keeps following me home and it's on my roof now.😁

It is all very tidy, I'll give you that.(y)

For me the mix match of the cabs spoil the MBNL Ph8s - they end up looking like an urban skyline! Voda/O2 Orions which usually just have one large cab (larger than the Ph8s) for everything but for me they look cleaner because of it.

One such Tube of Fun:
medium
Is it only dangerous on the side with the yellow sticker 😉

Just had a look at other planning apps for that phase 9 site, and it's so weird... Last year, Three applied for a unilateral phase 8 pole which was refused. A few months after, EE applied for their own unilateral phase 8 pole in practically the exact same location, but 5 metres taller! Obviously it too was refused. Very weird stuff. And why they aren't applying for a shared phase 7 pole is beyond me, especially since both applications were submitted by MBNL.

Edit: and another Three phase 8 app a year before that. Seems they're desperate for this spot.

Last edited:
Just had a look at other planning apps for that phase 9 site, and it's so weird... Last year, Three applied for a unilateral phase 8 pole which was refused. A few months after, EE applied for their own unilateral phase 8 pole in practically the exact same location, but 5 metres taller! Obviously it too was refused. Very weird stuff. And why they aren't applying for a shared phase 7 pole is beyond me, especially since both applications were submitted by MBNL.

That site is down the road from me :) I’ve been keeping an eye on what’s happening and it’s puzzling me :ROFLMAO:

The current, very old, pole seems to give EE 4G but only Three 3G. Not sure why. But it definitely needs upgrading as coverage around it just seems generally poor.

Yes both Three and EE have been putting their own applications in to replace it, but all have been rejected. A lot of residents objected. The latest application you’ve mentioned has MBNL noted on the design, but the rest of the application forms only mention Three. Not sure what that is about!

I think the new design would definitely look less imposing compared to the phase 7/8 designs, so it may get approval this time.

There is another mast nearby that was rejected. But then was appealed and granted permission over a year ago. Nothing has happened with the site at all. That’s a phase 7 or 8 but is very tall. Not sure why they haven’t started the build yet.

That site is down the road from me :) I’ve been keeping an eye on what’s happening and it’s puzzling me :ROFLMAO:

The current, very old, pole seems to give EE 4G but only Three 3G. Not sure why. But it definitely needs upgrading as coverage around it just seems generally poor.

Yes both Three and EE have been putting their own applications in to replace it, but all have been rejected. A lot of residents objected. The latest application you’ve mentioned has MBNL noted on the design, but the rest of the application forms only mention Three. Not sure what that is about!

I think the new design would definitely look less imposing compared to the phase 7/8 designs, so it may get approval this time.

There is another mast nearby that was rejected. But then was appealed and granted permission over a year ago. Nothing has happened with the site at all. That’s a phase 7 or 8 but is very tall. Not sure why they haven’t started the build yet.
Ah awesome! Please take a pic of the phase 9 pole if it's ever approved and erected, I don't think there's many up in the UK currently.

Are you referring to the site on Little London Road? They're working on it from the 22nd of May according to one.network, so fingers crossed that should be up and running in a month or two.

Ah awesome! Please take a pic of the phase 9 pole if it's ever approved and erected, I don't think there's many up in the UK currently.

Are you referring to the site on Little London Road? They're working on it from the 22nd of May according to one.network, so fingers crossed that should be up and running in a month or two.
Yes I’ll take pics :) it’s the one on Psalter Lane. It was rejected but then appealed and approved. But nothing’s happened since. Good to know the one on little London road is coming along!

Yes I’ll take pics :) it’s the one on Psalter Lane. It was rejected but then appealed and approved. But nothing’s happened since. Good to know the one on little London road is coming along!
Ah I see the one you're talking about. Really weird they'd even consider refusing a new mast at that location, it'd only be visible from the road... Seems the planning authority have a phobia of these phase 7/8 poles.

Depending on your location, you may be able to get good coverage from the site on little london rd when it goes live.
eq03YmB.jpeg

Ah I see the one you're talking about. Really weird they'd even consider refusing a new mast at that location, it'd only be visible from the road... Seems the planning authority have a phobia of these phase 7/8 poles.

Depending on your location, you may be able to get good coverage from the site on little london rd when it goes live.
eq03YmB.jpeg
Thanks :) I think I am outside of the coverage of it, but you never know! Yes I am not sure why the council are refusing so many. Three have submitted dozens and the council just seem to reject them :(

Another Pole of Wonder going up today. One of 6 within a few miles that are planned. Hopefully they don't take too long to come online. Should be a nice boost to speeds and coverage since it's severely lacking in parts.

Another Pole of Wonder going up today. One of 6 within a few miles that are planned. Hopefully they don't take too long to come online. Should be a nice boost to speeds and coverage since it's severely lacking in parts.

Screenshot_20220510-204912_Maps.jpg

Oh look Andy199, three have done a Kilwinning routine, they've done a runner and it's not there any more. 😊;)

😭 I was getting my hopes up there. Must've been the rain that scared them away again.

😭 I was getting my hopes up there. Must've been the rain that scared them away again.
Yeah it seems the three erection team sure don't like the rain. :rolleyes: 😁

Maybe they'll show up when we get a sunny day. 🤔

I see three are trying for permission again in a town near me (Dalry) for a PoW that was previously refused.

First application was for an 18m height, the new application is for 15m.

I Wonder if that will suit the got out of bed the wrong siders from the council any better this time. :rolleyes:

We already have 3 moans about it already though. :mad:

I'll keep you posted.😊

PS Travelling through Dalry on my Glasgow trip, the reception in Dalry was awful, I hope the moaners are on 3 and happy with their poo 3 signals.:rolleyes:

eq03YmB.jpeg
What service are you using for that coverage map?

What service are you using for that coverage map?
That was the Ubiquiti link tool, though they've since replaced it with their ISP design center. I've not really tried their new tool, so some features might be different or missing.

Mast now appears to be live, I did some testing tonight that can be found here :)

Mast now appears to be live, I did some testing tonight that can be found here :)
Very comprehensive Andy199, the only band you didn't seem to try was the elastic band. (I hear they've got a really good ping)😊 ;)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules