Sponsored

A shining light

Brumski

This isn't intended to put other forums down but one thing that I've increasingly noticed about this forum is just how helpful and friendly the users on this forum are.

In my 30+ years of using internet forums (or bulletin boards before that), I can't think of such a calm, rational and friendly bunch of users. I don't know if it's due to the subject matter, or if we're just lucky, but a lot of forums always seem to be less than welcoming to new members or there's always that one member with an inflated opinion of themselves. I can't say I've seen any of that on here and it's a pleasure to log in and read the posts each day - even if the results aren't what someone wanted, everyone pitches in to try to help and offer advice regardless.

Thank you to you all!

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
This isn't intended to put other forums down but one thing that I've increasingly noticed about this forum is just how helpful and friendly the users on this forum are.

In my 30+ years of using internet forums (or bulletin boards before that), I can't think of such a calm, rational and friendly bunch of users. I don't know if it's due to the subject matter, or if we're just lucky, but a lot of forums always seem to be less than welcoming to new members or there's always that one member with an inflated opinion of themselves. I can't say I've seen any of that on here and it's a pleasure to log in and read the posts each day - even if the results aren't what someone wanted, everyone pitches in to try to help and offer advice regardless.

Thank you to you all!
Agreed.... other forums on similar topics seem to still have a nasty bite.... though hopefully by discussing this we aren't tainting the waters.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Agreed, I was on another forum for awhile and people were always disregarding my opinion but on here everyone is so welcoming and we always like new faces!

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
In reality it seems to depend what people are discussing, when it comes to fixed services there is a bit of a fan boy vs. hate boy sort of clash.

Only have to look at some stories that mention certain big brand companies to see regular names coming on in contest of any comments, specially one's that question things.

I feel like those sort of characters don't have much 'help' in places like this to stay afloat, and though I cannot prove a bias, the long standing experiance of such characters and the consistent patterns observed for over 10 years now certainly points to one.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I don't really venture in to the fixed line section much, I have more knowledge with mobile broadband etc. So I stick to answering those questions usually

dabigm

Top Member
Yeah there's a load of really nice people on this forum. Which is odd considering the contrast with some of the public comments on the articles posted in the news section. Some of those are just vile at times. I rarely post on the public articles. It's especially prevalent when anything involving government projects is posted / starlink fanboys hating on oneweb etc. Thankfully it hasn't spilled over on to these forums.

Long live the bants!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £21.95 (*24.95)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £22.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: 12 Months of Norton 360
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £20.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Double Speed Boost
  • Virgin Media £25.00 (*51.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00 (*28.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £29.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3278)
  2. BT (2951)
  3. Building Digital UK (1860)
  4. FTTC (1859)
  5. Politics (1846)
  6. Openreach (1766)
  7. Business (1611)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1389)
  9. Statistics (1364)
  10. FTTH (1361)
  11. 4G (1201)
  12. Fibre Optic (1136)
  13. Wireless Internet (1120)
  14. Virgin Media (1109)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1108)
  16. EE (794)
  17. Vodafone (791)
  18. TalkTalk (739)
  19. Sky Broadband (719)
  20. 5G (685)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules