Sponsored

A Shot in the Dark!

keval

Casual Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get some information, which relates to BT's Pay-as-you-Go service. I can't get the information from BT. All I get is frustration and a bad headache! Anyway, to the point. When I used to subscribe to the BT PAYG service, I set up my own web site as part of the package. Nowadays, I have my own domain and I want to set up a HTTP 301 redirect from my BT URL to the new URL. In order to do this, I need to know what OS BT uses on their servers - is it Unix, Linux or Windows and do they have Apache enabled?

I realize that my question is a bit of a shot in the dark but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keval

Pistoleer

Top Member
Hiya, i love shots in the dark, so ill have one myself :p

Im guessing Windows. I am also guessing these features would apply to your webspace?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
You could always use a META and or Javascript redirect in the page itself.

PeteK

ISP Rep
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get some information, which relates to BT's Pay-as-you-Go service. I can't get the information from BT. All I get is frustration and a bad headache! Anyway, to the point. When I used to subscribe to the BT PAYG service, I set up my own web site as part of the package. Nowadays, I have my own domain and I want to set up a HTTP 301 redirect from my BT URL to the new URL. In order to do this, I need to know what OS BT uses on their servers - is it Unix, Linux or Windows and do they have Apache enabled?

I realize that my question is a bit of a shot in the dark but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keval
Unless you have full access to the site, which you may not on a shared hosting package you may not be able to add a 301 to the server I'm afraid. Although its not the best for search engines a script re-direct and a "please update your bookmarks" page might be best

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2092)
  3. FTTC (1631)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1207)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1006)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (874)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules