Sponsored Links

Abandoned mast

I don't believe that 10635 site is located correctly - the cell polygons calculated by cellmapper don't tally up for that location.

The photo of the monopole in the opening post is of a legacy EE site and feels most likely to be turned off now given the closeby site, to the north west, covers that area.

Possibly Three have recently requested a site inspection at that old EE location with a view for swapping it to a new 5G enabled pole; which could explain the newish MBNL label being added.
Thanks for the information, I will have to try and find the true location for that site and correct it.

I rang the phone number for sh*ts and giggles. It connects to Ericcson, appears to be for 'site access'. Maybe to shut it down when there's engineers there? Not a clue lol
Hardly surprising MBNL now forward to Ericsson when both EE/Three now have Ericsson as the main 5G contractor that need 4G Ericsson to host NSA, prior it was a mix of Samsung/Ericsson, HUAWEI and Nokia, now it’s very much streamlined since HUAWEI is sidelined & Samsung 4G is being ripped out Three and Nokia picked up the small HUAWEI replacement.

By far Ericsson has MBNL as major supplier, that most likely includes emergency response (or perhaps at weekend/nights only)

I don't believe that 10635 site is located correctly - the cell polygons calculated by cellmapper don't tally up for that location.

The photo of the monopole in the opening post is of a legacy EE site and feels most likely to be turned off now given the closeby site, to the north west, covers that area.

Possibly Three have recently requested a site inspection at that old EE location with a view for swapping it to a new 5G enabled pole; which could explain the newish MBNL label being added.
It does have a immediate residential & business area, 5G NSA/SA, consumer and commercial splicing futureproofing.

Then again with high frequency 5G every unused 3/4G site is now a potential.

Also Three selling its assets to Cellnex for £3.5B it’s worth getting site active now instead of pay high rent later to Cellnex. That’s if the CMA approve Cellnex/Three.

The ‘sale’ of Vodafone sites to Vantage, & Three to Cellnex both one half of Cornerstone/MBNL and Arquiva Cellnex this could actually get very interesting for 5G roll out for all networks to avoid a monopoly, think about Rural & ESN, I mean Vodafone scored a own goal as Vantage as no power in the UK over its assets that Vodafone UK don’t own lol.

Cellnex and EE would both own a monopoly. Interesting CMA ruling to come!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules