Sponsored Links

Accuracy of R100 / Digital Scotland website?

Ewol

Casual Member
It's saying that based on the engineering schedule will be FTTP for my postcode in the second half of 2022, but recently they've installed fibre to the pole so I'm wondering, and also hoping it might be wrong and I'll get it much sooner.

Any help would be appreciated. 2 adults, 2 kids and grandkids that stay every weekend, makes 14mbps hard to work with.

While it can sometimes take up to a year for a new network to go live, most of the time that tends to happen much more quickly once you've seen the physical build take place (i.e. a few weeks or months). Operators are getting much better at this and need to move fast in a market of rising competition, so I'd say the chances are good that you might be live by the end of this year.

I have a supply date of by end of June 2022, the only sign of activity has been a guy with clipboard doing a survey of cable routes. So you may be lucky or not so lucky,

If there are extra cabinets needed you can see the planned timetable here

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. They were all over town for a while there, a lot of vans, but have went quite quiet now. Checking the road works there isn't much listed on there now, but there is a couple of things

2 Streets away on the main road

23/08 - Clear Blockage - Estimated 5 days

1 Street away on another large road

23/08 - Clear Blockage - Estimated 5 days

Then there is one more at the bottom of the same street (quite a distance from me it's a very long road) This one has a day much further away and a longer secondary date.

13/09 - 12/12/2021 - Clear Blockage - Estimated 3 days.

There's nothing else listed except a few poles going up. Will these blockages need to be cleared before I get FTTP? Following the fibre on my pole it does go in a different direction to those road works, but I have no idea how the rollout works if the surrounding area has to be all clear and working etc.

Supply date of end of June 2022 here also, only activity man with pickup truck and clipboard in February.

I got a reply from openreach.

Our engineering work is due to start the beginning of October/2021 and will take several months to complete.

I was hoping it would be sooner but at least I have a rough idea now.

Openreach were back today and I went out and spoke to one of the engineers. He said the build is done and he was here to test the signal strength and something about defects. He said it won't be long now.

So the reply from openreach is a bit odd in hindsight.

Sponsored Links
If the plan was June 2022, they won’t say any different until it’s about to go live, just in case they come up with any other issues in the mean time.

FTTP is starting to become available here in Aviemore. They've only just started digging up the pavements near me, however, tho I'm not sure what their delivery mechanism will be as we have an ancient pole out the back of our garden, which at first glance appears to be feeding our 4x terraced houses, tho the line to our house appears to just be tied off going nowhere, and as far as I was aware our line came in through a hole in the floor at the front porch.

New poles have also been going up around locally, too. Much to the displeasure of many a local.

FTTP is starting to become available here in Aviemore. They've only just started digging up the pavements near me, however, tho I'm not sure what their delivery mechanism will be as we have an ancient pole out the back of our garden, which at first glance appears to be feeding our 4x terraced houses, tho the line to our house appears to just be tied off going nowhere, and as far as I was aware our line came in through a hole in the floor at the front porch.

New poles have also been going up around locally, too. Much to the displeasure of many a local.

Sounds a bit like my pole. If so it'll be overhead. Things move quickly once they start building, but how much of the surrounding area needs to be done etc before things go live I have no idea.

Hope you get yours soon. Never been to Aviemore looks beautiful. (I'm down in Ayrshire.)

Sponsored Links
A visit from an OR guy today, Morrisons who were doing the initial survey and visited me in Jul, have been booted off as they were not meeting their targets and the project was in danger of being delayed. So OR have taken over and resurveying.

Got an email from OR, new route I proposed that takes it away from ditches accepted. They added a pole in the place I wanted so the courtyard does not need digging up and the cable does not spoil any views and runs directly to where the 4G antenna is already with the network cables already in place to run to the main router and plenty of spare power sockets for the ONT.

Well, doesn't look like they're going to use the ancient pole afterall....
Untitled.jpg

As of today, fibre is now available to order although not at the full speed.

WBC FTTPUp to 330Up to 50--Available1 Stage

Those speeds seem odd - like FTTP on demand?

Got my FTTP on 25th Oct, the voucher then "claimed" first week November, 500/75 with BT. Little miffed that unlike CityFibre we don't get symmetrical, but now I know a bit more about the SLA, I'm not so worried.

Sponsored Links
Those speeds seem odd - like FTTP on demand?

Got my FTTP on 25th Oct, the voucher then "claimed" first week November, 500/75 with BT. Little miffed that unlike CityFibre we don't get symmetrical, but now I know a bit more about the SLA, I'm not so worried.
yeah it's odd I don't get it either. Hoping it's a database issue or something I'll wait a few days and see.

Glad you got your FTTP, that was fast! I too would have liked symmetrical.

That is odd. We normally only see 330Mbps in the older FTTP build areas (about c.50,000 premises - mostly in Cornwall) where ECI kit was used. So it's either a mistake or there could be a problem with feeding enough capacity, which might limit the top available speed.

The FTTPoD on my exhange is limited to 330, believe that when FTTP is first enabled it stays at 330 for a few days until the database gets a further update. You get more info once it gets added to more ISP's and see what speeds they offer.

That is odd. We normally only see 330Mbps in the older FTTP build areas (about c.50,000 premises - mostly in Cornwall) where ECI kit was used. So it's either a mistake or there could be a problem with feeding enough capacity, which might limit the top available speed.
As of this evening.

WBC FTTPUp to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage

:D

After years of crap speeds on FTTC

12329698722.png

Can't wait to order it, but do I try and hold off a week for black friday deals? I'm still in contract with BT so pretty much stuck with them.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules