Sponsored

ADSL 1mb speed

movinglight

Casual Member
Hi All,

I’m a new business user, soho, using a 1mb service from NDO. All of my speedtests on ADSLGUIDE show my download speed at between 700-800kbits / sec which seems a bit low to me (the guide suggests 900kbits should be achievable. I have tested in the night as well as the day.

Upload speed is more consistent at about 240kbits/sec and I’m happy about that.

Im close to the exchange with a good line, is my download speed in line with other users?

Thanks for any input in advance.

Stephen

Last edited:

movinglight

Casual Member
Update

Whilst my internet speed as judged by ADSLGuide would seem to suggest a slightly slow connection I have found from real life experience that NDOs speed turns out to be pretty good. I have just downloaded Openoffice at 115KBytes/sec = 920Kbits/sec, this isnt a one off speed and the service has been solid.

Im writing this just to tie up this thread and give some credit where its due. Its always hard to make a judgment when business critical services are bought and I dont regret this one.

Stephen

Ghostrider

Casual Member
NDO Rubbish

Hi all,
I have the Home Complete 500,i use it mostly for online gaming and since i joined NDO on the 9th Feb my ping with CoD has never been below 46 any help on this would be great i have a D-Link 300G+ modem.
Cheers in Advance
Ghost

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Re: NDO Rubbish

Ghostrider said:
i joined NDO on the 9th Feb my ping with CoD has never been below 46
46ms I assume? 46ms is really good, but you do say it as if you get higher pings on an average. So what is your average ping to a UK server?

Ghostrider

Casual Member
re-Ndo rubbish

well put it this way i dont get 16 to 9ms like the guy was sying earlier have a look at my review for ndo on the top ten you will see why i dont rate this crap service
Cheers

Ghostrider

Casual Member
Downstream 381 Kbps (47.6 KB/sec) 411 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Here are the asdl guide results i just did !! rubbish for the money i pay every month

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Ghostrider said:
Downstream 381 Kbps (47.6 KB/sec) 411 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Here are the asdl guide results i just did !! rubbish for the money i pay every month
Your not going to really suffer tbh, pings like 10 - 100ms you wont even know the diffrence; however your speed is below what you should get perhaps before you go slagging them off you should call them cause the chance is it's your settings/hardware thats at fault. Simple email to there Tech support. I bet you aint even done that have you?

Ghostrider

Casual Member
Cheers Cronik no i havent e-mailed them to be honest and i thank you for replys its much appriceated.
Chhers
Ghost

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
I dont use NDO cause I dont have ADSL/Cable, but if I could get ADSL I sure would use NDO. Their one of the best ISP's in the market.

movinglight

i have the same problem my 1mbit is between 700/800kb sec

everything is perferct but say if i download from winamp ( i normally use this to check speed) i get about 103kb/sec

still slow in my opinion

im with aol though

movinglight

Casual Member
Thanks for that Pencil,

I do remember some time ago someone saying that a 2mb connection is more like a 1.5mb+ connection in real life so I guess there is a bit of a curve on actual available bandwidth.

Of course there are no guarantees of bandwidth at all so we all take a chance really.

Im a soho 1mb user, pretty small so Im happy to have the bandwidth I get for the money, its certainly not a 100% premium compared to the soho 512 service most of the time its 750-800, some of the time its less than 600 and some of the time its more than 900.

Stephen

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2768)
  2. FTTP (2746)
  3. FTTC (1783)
  4. Building Digital UK (1740)
  5. Politics (1662)
  6. Openreach (1619)
  7. Business (1429)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1240)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1221)
  11. Fibre Optic (1062)
  12. 4G (1052)
  13. Wireless Internet (1020)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1014)
  15. Virgin Media (1004)
  16. EE (696)
  17. Sky Broadband (668)
  18. Vodafone (666)
  19. TalkTalk (661)
  20. 5G (514)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules