Sponsored Links

ADSL issues?

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
anyone log any disconnections between 1 and 2AM thismorning?

wondered if it was just me because it was the first time lve had 2 or 3 disconnections in a row since l was with my last ISP, that and the fact it took 10mins to reconnect to a stable connection which didnt just drop out for a 4th time.

ok theres been another disconnection about 10mins before l made this post, off to speak to BT just to see if its something else.. worth asking up til today everything had been peachy.

From what I understand, VirginMedia has over subscribed its ADSL service and I've pushed for comment again this morning, not that it'll do any good. It may take 2 months to resolve, hence the previous Christmas timeline.

Sponsored Links
in any case l did phone thismorning to get the usual babble about how to setup a router etc, all l wanted them to do is lodge an issue with BTw regarding a pattern into some sync loss l suffered in september, admittedly l was with another ISP at the time however my current stats dictate my connection at this moment in time is at what it should be at however before the sync loss issues l was twice as fast as l am now, from what l gather the pattern l found to the sync loss was other local exchanges going down which were the "exact days" and "faults lasted the exact timeframe" l had issues for sadly these issues didnt get sorted before leaving EurISP which means my records are with them, however l need to speak to BTw to get them to look into the possibility of my problems being related to the issues at 2 other exchanges in my area code which caused my sync loss and continue to show my line as degraded..

in fact ManOfMeans was kind enough to offer some help in an issue l brought up elsewhere in this forum regarding IP profiles these were some of the stats he came up with doing some tests

Exchange Code: THMS
Exchange Name: MONK SHERBORNE
Postcode: [removed]
Reason Code: A - ADSL already enabled on this line
Service Provider: VIRGIN MEDIA LIMITED

Exchange Code THMS
Exchange Name MONK SHERBORNE
Reasoncode A - ADSL Broadband installation already on line
ANFP X - Extra short
Line Length 2634 m
A-Earth Capacitance 158 nF
B-Earth Capacitance 158 nF
Postcode [removed]

the only thing l can assume now given my stats are correct based on the below

Connection Speed Down:4736kbps Up:448kbps
Line Attenuation Down:34db Up:10.5db
Noise Margin Down:9db Up:20db

the only one that really changes is the downstream on my noise margin it gets as low as 4db sometimes.

in short tho Virgin tech support is annoying they want to send a tech out which wont locate a problem (like before "twice") and all l want is to contact BTw so l can bring up the possibility issues that happened which arnt on virgins records because they happened before l migrated are affecting me.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules