Sponsored

ADSL Line Down/Deactivated

Shinra

Hello-

From the 29th of December 2008 to now my ADSL line has been down from fast4 the router indicates the broadband side of the line is completely down. Fast4 have not helped at all just telling me there looking into it and will phone back wich they havent. I have had a BT Engineer out to check and he says its completely fine.

Fast4 right now is back in my crap isp book.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
Wow you must be the only customer with F4, I think most of us have left long ago.

Sounds like they have ceased your line.

Shinra

Seems odd they would cease it when everything is payed. Anyhow as the line isnt "ative" I am going to go with a good isp for the UK Any suggestions anyone?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Shinra log into BT.com there should be a place where you can see what has been done on your line if there was ADSL cease then report FAST4 to OFCOM trading standards plus their ADR that way you could be compensated for loss of BB plus reimbursed for having to pay activation again. Fast4 reps seem to stay away from forums these days. You do know that Fast4 was bought out by Breathe?

Shinra

Yes I do, and ive been contacting them every day about this ADSL issue with the same answer we will give you a call when we fix it. It hasnt happened. Signed into my fast4 account via dialup says everythings fine and im getting billed so ive ceased all payments today and am moving to BT Broadband as it seems I need to reactivate my line again.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
Yes I do, and ive been contacting them every day about this ADSL issue with the same answer we will give you a call when we fix it. It hasnt happened. Signed into my fast4 account via dialup says everythings fine and im getting billed so ive ceased all payments today and am moving to BT Broadband as it seems I need to reactivate my line again.
Keep an eye on your account as they have had the habit in the past of still taking payments (allegedly).

mp34life

Casual Member
leaving farce4 is the best decision u have made, they are the worse isp i have ever come across..I recommende Be* if u r in a LLU area

Capped4

Pro Member
Fast4 reps seem to stay away from forums these days.

Not by choice - They'll be back as soon as they've sorted a couple of minor problems with their connection................................

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2301)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1628)
  5. Politics (1463)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1132)
  9. Statistics (1120)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1071)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (933)
  13. Wireless Internet (932)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules