Sponsored Links

ADSL Max Issues

WOW, no posts in here for months !!!

Either Wanadoo is getting really, really good or no one can connect to get into the forum and complain. (guess which I suspect !).

Any way, any one who has been upgraded to ADSL Max (ADSL2), by Wanadoo and has since been having major problems that the Indian support staff keep saying is your fault, your computer; will be interested to hear that my sister finally got through to a UK based support engineer ( after asking for her MAC number), who was very surprised to find out she was still using the Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem, saying that a new one should have been issued because the old Alcatels cannot handle ADSL max properly.
So if you cannot access 1/2 the web, or it keeps dis-connecting you but claims you are online; try borrowing a newer router or modem and see if it helps.

BTW it took Wanadoo 4 weeks to carry out a line test on my sisters line, my ISP, Vispa, took less than 4 minutes, they then badgered people to replace some dodgy server gear after I identified where and when my connection was failing (God bless Route Trace Functions).

I myself am using Orange ADSL Max and have requested a mac code and i am moving away to be broadband as of tomorrow morning.

I have been experiencing problems for the past 2 weeks or so, my service was fine untill i decided to stop using their livebox then the problems began (my router works fine by the way as i have used it with other suppliers). After several attempts at trying to get the Indian call centre staff to listen to me and sort my problem out with no success, i then wrang up again and requested a mac code from their.

Before requesting the mac code however, i downgraded my broadband to the free package as i am an Orange mobile phone customer, this way i avoided being charged for cancelling.

I say good radiance to ADSL Max, i have had nothing but problems with the platfrom with 3 different ips, i am now moving over to ADSL 2+ in an attempt that this will finally solve my problem and i will receive a stable and reliable service above a fixed 1mb bt product.

Bearing in mind, the date of my last post.

And that fact that the new modem made almost no difference to my sisters problems.

And that several other people in her area, including BOTH her neighbours; fellow Orange customers; are having the same problem.

AND THAT ORANGE CLAIM TO HAVE CHECKED THE LINE FIVE MONTHS AGO AND SENT AN ENGINEER TO CHECK THE EXCHANGE EQUIPMENT!!.

They finally, really, honestly and truthfully, carried out a line test over the weekend.

And guess what??

"Oh! It looks like there is a fault with the LLU equipment at your exchange!"

Now then, bearing in mind that they have taken 10 months to admit there is a fault; how many more before they actually fix it???.

Why the stupid bltch didn't take the MAC code and run is beyond me.

Sponsored Links
I would like to wish my sisters ADSL LLU problem a happy first birthday; who knows, maybe I will be wishing it a happy 2nd birthday next year; Orange still seem totally uninterested in fixing it and my sister is too stupid and lazy to change ISP's.

I just wish she would stop moaning to me about it.

It is frustrating but to get the issue sorted you do have to put in some leg work with ISP's like orange etc, tell her to get the mac code and go else where, the price now does refect the service you will get.

Orange finally arranged for an engineer to visit my sister, sadly they neglected to tell her and so she was at work.
Never mind, perhaps in another 16 months they will arrange for another visit!!!
(subtle hints of sarcasm included).

I have told her to move until I am blue in the face; what do I do? Change phone numbers so she cant call and pester me every time her connection goes down??

Wow butler, I thought some of my friends were stupid when it came to computers, does he not know how or is the service broken and AOL uninterested in fixing it?
My sister's BB does at least work, just not very well!

Sponsored Links
************UPDATE*************

Orange have fixed my sister's connection!! A pity it has taken since the Spring of 2007!!!!

They have sent her a new wireless modem and a special RF filter; and suddenly everything works correctly; which probably means that there is a manufacturing fault with the standard modem they send out, because my sister has a large collection of them now, and none of them worked correctly on her line after it was LLU'ed

I presume the only reason they fixed the problem was because they had run out of stupid and unbelievable excuses about what was causing it, about the only excuse I did not hear from them was "Time of the month"!!!!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules