Sponsored

Adsl

gstweedie

Hi i want to change my "Bright Box2" to faster WIFI i.e. AC but i have been told that i can't use ADSL2 as i have fibre is this correct if any one can tell me

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If you are on Fibre then you are on VDSL not ADSL so need to look at VDSL routers.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Bearing in mind of which ISP he is with, I think he needs to check if he is getting ADSL or Fibre (VDSL).

The router control panel should give you a clue, as would download speeds above 24Mbps.

If you are really stuck and dont know, check your bill.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Can't go off speed have friend in wales who only gets 7 on FTTC but that is 7 times faster than he used to get but still poor show for BT.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Can't go off speed have friend in wales who only gets 7 on FTTC but that is 7 times faster than he used to get but still poor show for BT.
Hmmm, I did think of that later.

On the other hand, how on earth can you NOT know?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Gstweedie,

Ignoring the confusion between ADSL (up to 17Mbps) and VDSL "fibre" (up to 38 or 76Mbps) in your post, so long as you can find the broadband login and password on your router (NOTE: This is NOT the same L/P as you use to access the router's admin interface or your WiFi) then you should be able to just buy a third-party router and get it working.

The relevant details are explained here and you should have the password from when you first signed-up.

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-broadband/ee-broadband-settings

Now for the avoidance of doubt the simplest solution would be to buy a router that has both ADSL and VDSL integrated. Personally I rather like the TP Link VR200 AC750, although there are plenty of faster models.

http://amzn.to/2e1GCk8

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
+1 for the AC750, I am a proud owner.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2194)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1237)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1071)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (856)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (578)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules