Sponsored

Advice on cancelling account

sssikuk

I am now, along with many others, going to cancel my account with Fast4 and migrate to another ISP.

I have a couple of questions though on my best options for cancelling:

1: My payment for this month has only just been taken. If I cancel now, do I still get 1 months usage with Fast4?

2: On the cancel page, it stated my MAC would be sent out in 5 days. Does my account with Fast4 cease at that point?

3: Any other advice would be appreciated regarding when my best time would be to cancel my account.

Thanks

rodtrotter

Casual Member
I am now, along with many others, going to cancel my account with Fast4 and migrate to another ISP.

I have a couple of questions though on my best options for cancelling:

1: My payment for this month has only just been taken. If I cancel now, do I still get 1 months usage with Fast4?

2: On the cancel page, it stated my MAC would be sent out in 5 days. Does my account with Fast4 cease at that point?

3: Any other advice would be appreciated regarding when my best time would be to cancel my account.

Thanks
1 no you will be able to use fast4 until you migrate to your new isp IE if your new isp says they start on 13/3/08 that is when fast4 will stop

2 no all that means is that you can then give your mac code to your new isp but you must use it before it runs out fast will tell you the expirey date

3 NOW no time like the present

i have just signed up with adsl24 home 30 £19.99 looks good

Mac

Top Member
I did it earlier today. Same for me ADSL24. When I cancelled account online it came up with an error so I phoned them up and they said it went through and gave me a MAC code over the phone. A quick call to ADSL24 and my order has gone through.

I change over on the 1st of April. I don't have anything bad to say about Fast4 broadband, ITS how they treated the customers that has made me angry.

Lets hope they don't lose too many customers and end up bankrupt.

IveBeenDone4

Lets hope they don't lose too many customers and end up bankrupt.
<<<- Why?, If they do then they only have themselves to blame...

I can't help feeling that this was all some sort of "Masterplan", to gain customers fast with so called "Unlimited" Broadband and then change the rules down the line once they can't sustain the Network.

So, I can only imagine that the previous supplier told them to get on a bike and ride - this then probably forced them to another supplier. Trying then to force this upon it's customers (unacceptable changes and costs......etc..)

OBVIOUSLY I ONLY SPECULATE AND CANNOT PROVE OR OTHERWISE THAT THIS IS THE CASE FOR F4 - BUT I WOULD CALL IT A CALCULATED GUESS... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DOES IVEBEENDONE4 ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY OF FACTS RELATING TO THIS COMMENT BOX AND HOLD THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ANY SUCH DETAILS AT ANY TIME (SIMILAR TO F4 T&C'S) :D

trinity1

I have just tried to cancel my account after it couldnt load the page last night. I was asked to pay any amount of £28 for doing so, however I contacted customer services yesterday who informed me that I would not be subject to any cancellation fees.

Could anyone comment on this?

Mac

Top Member
I have just tried to cancel my account after it couldnt load the page last night. I was asked to pay any amount of £28 for doing so, however I contacted customer services yesterday who informed me that I would not be subject to any cancellation fees.

Could anyone comment on this?
Check your billing date. I paid £4.25 for the extra few days subscrition. £28 doesn't seem right when it only costs £15.95 a month. Give them a call. Very helpfull over the phone.

IveBeenDone4

Well I suppose I agree, the people that answer the phone certainly try to be polite.

As for the company as a whole, well they did provide a good service for a short time - then things got bad, then improved for a very very short while before then dropping into limits and then not keeping to there own contract terms.

They are on a very rocky road....

When a company does not abide by there own T & C's they are in deep deep trouble, Any Change in your contract requires 14 days before they can action it (This is already worded within the contract!).

Oh and for cancelation period well that would appear to be 7 days required (as they are a detriment to your "material service" (see contract item 16.2(c), although how you acheive this is under question, as the terms state you have to cancel through the web page).

Code of practice does not tie in with T & C's, all sorts of problems...

I suggest again F4 you reconsider pushing the 15GB limit onto customers without allowing 14 clear days and remove the imposed restriction on customers who are over the 15GB limit (that in theory is not legal until 14 days have passed!!!!)......

:shrug:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2243)
  3. FTTC (1670)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1427)
  7. Business (1254)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1098)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1053)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. Wireless Internet (917)
  14. 4G (916)
  15. Virgin Media (867)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (530)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules