Sponsored Links

android text editing software

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
basically lm looking for something that will allow me to edit text files on android without messing up formatting.

basically lm creating a list on my Laptop which l want to be able to edit on my phone, however in the past when lve edited text files on my phone and come back to my laptop to look at the file its just blobbed the text together in such a way that it ends up in one giant paragraph with the only spaces being spaces between the file names and anything that was on a new line (like when you press enter to start a new line) looses its formatting.

for example
this
would

turn intothis

as long as l can get it to work with google sync it would be a bonus as then it makes it much easier to transfer between my PC and phone. any recommendations would be appreciated.

There is Libre Office for Android, but from the reviews it is currently very buggy.

My Xiaomi comes with its own office suite, but I have never used it, so dont know if it is any good.

Sponsored Links
l have been messing around with google docs, but it doesnt seem to save to my google drive. or is there a setting to save edited files to google sync?

Works fine for me. What files you are editing if it's a MS files best to go with ms office 365 stuff I think one of them is free they work well as well.

lm just using text files, just trying to find a way to get it to sync to google drive when l edit the files.

I haven't tried this for text files, but you can use GitHub free private repo and use something like pocketgit (£1.99) on the phone and visual studio code (free) on windows it syncs beautifully. also, this gives the advantage of having version control. , how I do it now is just write my files to google docs and copy and paste to whatever I need to do,

Dropbox might just work for text files actually

Sponsored Links
personally l didnt want to create more cloud storage, however l came across Quickedit Text Editor on google play which was exactly what l was looking for, it does both google and sftp so lve set it up to access my Plex server and it works well, and since l had a discount code l grabbed the pro version, so it also opens up the possibility of code editing should l need to mess about with other server stuff.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules