Sponsored

Announcement - new ADSL prices

NDO

ISP Rep
ADSL broadband is the fast way to access the Internet - and in light of the BT price reductions wer have reduced our montlhy ADSL prices accordingly.

New prices (monthly) -

Home500 from £18.22 (£21.39 inc VAT)
SoHo500 from £27.50 (£32.31 inc VAT)
Business500 from £36.92 (£43.38 inc VAT)
Business1000 from £55.42 (£65.12 inc VAT)
Business2000 from £69.58 (£81.76 inc VAT)

(Some packages are subject to Activation/transfer fees)

Prices apply from 22nd April 2003 - no need to wait until May 1st to take advantage of BT's price reductions. Prices apply to all existing users with immediate effect.

For more details -
Visit: www.ndodsl.com
Or, call free on: 0800 731 3311

Dataless

So no chance on ISDN prices coming down ??

I just find it "strange" that ppl can get 512k access for £22/month yet ISDN 128k is £30 for only 150 hours......Yeah I know its BT that forces the prices and you have to pass them on so this is NOT a gripe at NDO.....

BT penalising rural areas twice - No ADSL access and then charging MORE for inferior access to these areas....

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello

Our ISDN prices have also come down - we offer ISDN 128k access for just £19.99 a month (inc VAT) now which is slightly cheaper than our cheapest ADSL package - and is one of the best value ISDN packes out there in the market place.

We are doing our best to lower access costs for all users - however with ISDN the economics work less in our favour due to high port costs on ISP's.

We are looking with interest at BT's "midband" which is essentially ISDN but without the cost of HomeHighway and as more details become available from BT regarding this we will try our best to help rural Britain also enjoy high-speed Internet access.

Best wishes,
NDO

Dataless

Yeah I fully understand you are kinda limited when it comes to costing ISDN which is why I said its NOT a dig at NDO as your service seems really good.

I (like a LOT of ppl) are also awaiting the mystical MidBand service from BT but I wont hold my breath...... I may drop dead doing that :rolleyes: :hrmph:

Bartman

So how much is ISDN gonna cost the average Joe once all things are taken into consideration? Not including setup of course. And I understand that any price you may give will be a complete guess, and in no way legal blah blah.:p

NDO

ISP Rep
Well with my "guessing" hat on - and bear in mind the usual - this is just a guess bits...

It would be around £45 pm including the ISP add-ons (SMTP service, tech support overheads etc etc)... Which for 75 hours at 128k ISDN is just over 50p an hour - cheaper than Pay As You Go... But far more than with our AnyTime128 package -
Which would be £24 per month HomeHighway cost plus £19.99 for the AnyTime128 - a total of around £44 a month... As this gives 125 hours at ISDN 128, working out to be only 30p an hour. A bit more reasonable...

When we have full details from BT later this week - we are talking to our Account Manager currently - over the next month things should become much clearer.

Bartman

Ummm, thats crap. Why is BT making such a fuss over this service? How much was original ISDN? Not that much more was it?

Whats your view on Midband?

NDO

ISP Rep
Midband so far appears to be ISDN with a different sticker on the front.

However the product works slightly differently to HomeHighway.

Midband works like this - BT installs ISDN to the premises wanting Midband. Then the Terminal Adapter is configured to dial a special access number.

This number connects to the BT network much like ADSL works and supplies an Internet conection over this. Your minutes spent online are added up - when you have used 150 hours (or 75 hours with 128k connection) you are then charged per minute extra you remain online for - to your BT bill.

HomeHighway however allows you to enter any ISPs number to dial upto but costs you £24 a month plus the ISP connection costs (for NDO this is £19.99 a month).

Bartman

You didnt say what you thought of it!;) Nevermind, I dont spose you can say anyway.

Im assuming that you cannot interface the two, so in that case the midband product is completely unsuitable for the heavy user, as once you have gone over your limit you have to go on pay as you go. So in many cases, orginal ISDN is going to be a lot better.

BT, you suck, big time.

Anyways, can customers buy a longer time online from other ISPs (like you)? Or is it that if you get midband then you have to use the pay and go thing if you go over the 150/75 hours?

Bartman

Ohhh bugger!

Anyways, just one more question. Has the customer got to get a service from an ISP, or get it through BT direct. Some seem to think that you can get it from BT without an ISP for the £35.

Youve been very helpful, thanks.

NDO

ISP Rep
Sorry - the prices given were example prices for homehighway and these prices are not changing to allow for midband.

So.. Midband is a fancy mixture of Home Highway and Surftime ) where only i number can be dialled)

That appears to be midband in a nutshell - but don't forget - if you go over your hours you get charged per minute by BT.

Our ISDN AnyTime prices are also not effected by midband.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £55 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (2828)
  2. BT (2799)
  3. FTTC (1796)
  4. Building Digital UK (1761)
  5. Politics (1690)
  6. Openreach (1647)
  7. Business (1460)
  8. FTTH (1342)
  9. Mobile Broadband (1258)
  10. Statistics (1257)
  11. 4G (1083)
  12. Fibre Optic (1072)
  13. Wireless Internet (1038)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1030)
  15. Virgin Media (1022)
  16. EE (716)
  17. Vodafone (684)
  18. Sky Broadband (678)
  19. TalkTalk (676)
  20. 5G (540)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules