Sponsored Links

Another Openreach delay issue

Mathow

Hi there

I am going through the usual problems with Openreach and activating my broadband.

I moved into a property mid May, and ordered phone and broadband with Zen. It was delayed for two weeks initially as openreach were not allowing Simultaneous phone and broadband activation. Zen to solve that put the phone line through on its own order, and it's now activated.

However, for the last week, the broadband order is delayed. Zen have been helpful as much as they can and advise it's a "suppliers system issue" and they've escalated it with OR. The previous home owners had BT broadband so there has definitely been a broadband connection here previously.

Is there anything more that can be done except wait for OR to do something and fix this?

Many thanks
Mat

You could try to get a reply from Openreach's Twitter help team to see what the issue is. Quite a few people have found them to be more responsive there than via other routes:

If that fails, and you still have an issue next week, then give a nudge and I can try to find out.

Zen should be chasing this for you, Openreach officially can’t tell you anything.

Was the previous home owners line still active when you moved in? If they were in the middle of a “moving home order” that can occasionally cause a problem when you place your initial request with Zen.

The other problem could be if the DSLAM at your cabinet is full, again it’s down to Zen asking the right question.

Sponsored Links
Openreach have surprisingly given me some (conflicting) information on Twitter. They have said:

Thanks for your patience, I've had a look into this for you and I'm not able to see any issues with the order from our side, when I've checked I can see the order is closed and I'm not able to see any faults raised to say there are any issues. Has your provider mentioned what their next steps are in terms of getting this sorted for you.

This now makes me more confused!

I've emailed Zen to chase this issue as both sides don't seem to be able to talk to each other to get this resolved.

I think the previous owners line was active when I moved in but they cancelled their line move with BT when it was taking too long.

Hi there

My order seems to still be stalled and no closer to activation. Zen say they've escalated it but it was rejected so I seem to be in some sort of limbo!

@Mark.J - Would it be possible to have a look into my order please? I've been without Internet since 19 May! ☹️

Click my username on the left and start a private conversation. If you don't mind sharing your full address and number via that then I can pass it on to Openreach and see what they say.

If it is any consolation it took us 2 months to get telephone and broadband connected when we moved house, this was pre-Covid as well, and was just their normal lead time! Telephone line already in property, just needed reconnecting.

Sponsored Links
I've sent Openreach's private response directly to Mathow, but the short version is that there was still an open cease order with another ISP on the line (probably from the previous occupant), which had become stuck in OR's system. This has now been progressed to closure, so Zen should be able to place an order for broadband from tomorrow morning.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules