Sponsored

any ex coms customers out there... receiving demands for money or else?

Slaying Zero

Casual Member
Poor show Timico.:( I left within the first month and now I get bills demanding money. Is there anyone else out there in the same boat?

Below is my comment left in response to the 'news' ispreview posted regarding the changes that customers could expect.

----

I was one of those 'Coms' customers, but left and when elsewhere for my dsl service, during November 2015. I'm slightly annoyed to say the least that I'm being threatened with 'further action' if I don't pay up £26.77.

I won't go into the detail (yet) but how does one stand because I had never signed anything when Coms took over ADSL24, let alone when Timico took over Coms! I had been on a one month rolling contract for years and noting the changes, looked elsewhere and found a far better deal.

I find Timico's actions far from ideal and think that as a humble 'customer', getting passed from one company to another, I'm getting a raw deal. I suppose I could argue my case but can I be bothered?!!! But... there are principles involved here.

At the end of the day, is it just me who's suffering, or are there other peeps in a similar situation... getting shafted due to company takeovers?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
This depends, do they say what the charge is for (legally they have to be clear)? What service(s) did you have with Coms/Timico before you cancelled? Did they outline the costs when you cancelled?

It's not uncommon for ISPs to charge a small exit fee, sometimes even when out of contract, and equally you may have cancelled half-way through an un-billed month and so would have had a few days of charges to apportion.

In any case the best course of action is usually to pay the charge and then keep the issue it open through a dispute / complaint process with the ISP. If no satisfactory solution can be found then after 8 weeks the complaint can be handed over to the independent ombudsman (adjudicator).

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/new/complain/official_isp_complaints_handlers.php

https://www.timico.co.uk/downloads/terms/Timico_complaints_policy_v6.pdf

In the meantime you can also add some pressure by leaving a review for Timico via this link (this only works if you're logged into this forum at the same time):

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/reviewAdd.html?id=681

Slaying Zero

Casual Member
Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Timico today and got things sorted out, to my satisfaction.

An educated guess on my part, would suggest that Timico are geared more for business customers and not the humble residential ones... but there you go. I never entered into an agreement with them, I was just one of the many that they 'bought' from Coms, who acquired ADSL24, who I originally signed up with.

I'm ashamed to say but I am now with BT and have a bundled phone and fiber product at a hefty discount. To be fair to them, the service I've received is very good. Long may it continue!

I wish Timico well, but from afar, :nod: I will give them the benefit of the doubt, they 'may' be very good at what they do, but during the short period I endured, it was sufficient time for me to realize that I don't want to be one of their customers.

Many thanks once again for your help.

I agree 100% with you. I never signed anything when Timico bought out Coms. I got a letter from some suit at Timico Galactic HQ saying there would be no changes in payment terms. (Later on they tried to claim I had agreed to Timico terms when they took over my account... not so.) When I canned Timico for crappy service, instead of asking if they could make matters right, all they did was demand I pay them money.

Their latest attempt at retaining credibility is a letter demanding £1.11 (Or Else!) because (they claim) the cheque I sent to cover the 30 days notice I gave them (my terms with ADSL24) didn't cover the full period. I must have been a day out! How pathetic! How utterly pathetic. And then they added £2.50 'administration fee' for handling the cheque.

This is a lousy company.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
I agree 100% with you. I never signed anything when Timico bought out Coms. I got a letter from some suit at Timico Galactic HQ saying there would be no changes in payment terms. (Later on they tried to claim I had agreed to Timico terms when they took over my account... not so.) When I canned Timico for crappy service, instead of asking if they could make matters right, all they did was demand I pay them money.

Their latest attempt at retaining credibility is a letter demanding £1.11 (Or Else!) because (they claim) the cheque I sent to cover the 30 days notice I gave them (my terms with ADSL24) didn't cover the full period. I must have been a day out! How pathetic! How utterly pathetic. And then they added £2.50 'administration fee' for handling the cheque.

This is a lousy company.
A suit, or an automated letter??

I used to work for a debt collection agency, and was regularly sent £1 debts by a well known book club; since my fee was £1.20 + 20% of recovered money, I never bothered to actually visit the people, just paid the £1 myself, and took back the £1.40 in fees.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2513)
  2. FTTP (2208)
  3. FTTC (1660)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1429)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1240)
  8. Statistics (1100)
  9. FTTH (1077)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1040)
  11. Fibre Optic (970)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (910)
  14. 4G (901)
  15. Virgin Media (859)
  16. Sky Broadband (596)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (581)
  19. Vodafone (520)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules