Sponsored

Any Good Pls?

SimonOD

Casual Member
HI

Been looking at Clara as a replacement to the BT Anytime #15.99 per month.

Seems like some people think its great and some not, does it depend on your location and therefore the dial-up number?

I'm getting crap from BT for using the service too much and its not that great anyway, it looks like Demon/Surftime is good on paper but anyone using it says there are problems with routing that make it crap.

Whats the story on Clara - do you guys reccomend it?

I'd like to use ISDN and compression if possible.

Thanks
Si

RichW

Casual Member
Clara has always been great upto the new number change, since then its been crap.A few of us has found the service to be good on the alternative number, but no-one seems to know how long for, even Claranets service staff tell you different things depending who you talk to!

i`ve just signed upto AOL aswell, no cut off and no timelimit.I had my server running four days solid on their free trial, rang up to cancel, and they`ve given me another month to play around with it! The guy even said "most people tend not to use it asmuch as you do, but i can give you another free month if you like??"!!

Suffice to say i accepted, and havent turned the server off yet :D

Upto you m8y, if i was looking for a new isp to sign upto, i think you`d be hard pressed to beat AOL, though Claranet is good on the 'alternative' number.

70cm guy

Pro Member
Hi Rich how do you cope with the AOL browser which personally I dont like, do you minimise it and use internet explorer, and how about pop 3 email can that be fiddled aswell.

If both of those work alright I could become very interested.
Rgds 70cm.

Jez978

AOL works like a normal connection once established, just minimise the AOL rubbish then use as you would any other ISP :) cant help with the POP though, i know it can be fiddled to work but i have never tried myself.

70cm guy

Pro Member
Thanks for the info Jez but I would need to make sure about email compatability before going ahead.
Rgds 70cm.

RichW

Casual Member
Likewise, i just minimise the sofware, dont use their e-mail account so carnt help you there :(

Sorry m8.

70cm guy

Pro Member
Thats OK Rich I'v done some searching and discovered that AOL definately does not support pop email.

Rgds 70cm

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules