Sponsored Links

Any ideas on how one might get an ISP to provide service to a house next a cell tower?

logan77

Could use some help later this month I’m moving to a smaller town in southwest Arkansas and am having a bit of anxiety about broadband service at the new house. I currently have suddenlink and have been very happy with the service since they upgraded my current town to a fiber backbone and brought up to 1gb down cable to a town of 12k people (I have the 500mb tier). I was told when I signed up for the service that they were pushing the service to the very small next town over that free netflix tech news android 9 I’m moving to but now that I’ve contacted them again they are saying that they will not provide service in the area even though they’ve been installing the fiber network through said town. Right now it’s looking like my only options are 10mb DSL or Satellite and I’m not thrilled about the prospect of either coming from being spoiled by 500mb down. I’ve been brainstorming a bit and a thought occurred to me there’s a cell phone tower literally less than 100ft from the house and I’m wondering if y’all have any ideas on the possibility of being able to get broadband from whomever is providing the bandwidth for the cell tower? They can’t be supplying the tower off 10mb DSL. Anyone have any idea on how to find out what kind of broadband connection is serving the tower and how to see about getting the service to the house? So far in my research I’ve only gotten as far as to know the tower is Verizon.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Slight problem here in that you're from the USA and this site is focused on the UK, so we know very little about the operators and rules of your market. But generally I would assume that there's some form of leased line / dark fibre link going to that tower, although turning that into a consumer affordable connection could be very difficult.

You'd need to find out who supplies the fibre to the tower first and see if they're even able to help. But as it's the USA then I don't know what to recommend on how to solve that.

As you are next to the cell tower, what about using 4G / LTE for your connection? If you can get 4G Mobile packages in your area with a big enough data cap (or unlimited data even), you could put the SIM in a 4G Router (e.g. Huawei B525) and use that for your broadband maybe? It should be a lot better in theory than either 10Mbps DSL or Satellite. Worth investigating anyway.
Kind regards,
Adam.

Sponsored Links
As you are next to the cell tower, what about using 4G / LTE for your connection? If you can get 4G Mobile packages in your area with a big enough data cap (or unlimited data even), you could put the SIM in a 4G Router (e.g. Huawei B525) and use that for your broadband maybe? It should be a lot better in theory than either 10Mbps DSL or Satellite. Worth investigating anyway.
Kind regards,
Adam.

The american mobile market is somewhat "unreasonable" on allowances and ability to effectively use them for a home broadband alternative. It's like stepping back years when you're using the USA mobile services.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules