Sponsored Links

Anybody tried EUKHost?

I had my sites hosted to Imhosted. Support was excellent but the overall experience was a nightmare. Server was down more than twice a day. All clients were complaining, then my emails stopped working etc, and server speed was terrible (i'm based in Greece, i guess that was a factor regarding speed).
I then decided to move everything to flexihostings. That was an even worse experience, all my sites were down for a week (!!!) i had to send hate-mail because i was losing money etc and they replied to my emails 2 or 3 days later (!!!). I requested a refund which they did about a month later.
Then I decided to move to eUKhost. That was an excellent decision after all, there is this guy Nick he is a magician :) Sorted out everything for me, transferred my sites, troubleshooted anything that showed up, support is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T and the server speed is awesome. Ping times from Greece are less or equal to greek server sites i've checked.
I strongly recommend them and certainly will stick with them for years to come.

The truth about eUKhost

Hello,

I would like to share with everyone my experience with eUKhost.
I have been their customer for three years.
After their sites were attacked and defaced, I tried to solve my problem with their tech support. All of that will be stated below.

In the meantime, I left a Customer Testimonial on their Forums and was banned and forbidden to post again in the forum because of that.

My post that was deleted multiple times and that lead to me being banned was this:

To whom it may concern:

I've moved to eukhost some years ago, after it was made clear to me that my hosting company of the time was bankrupting. I read the testimonials and decided to go with this server, despite the fact that it was more expensive than the competition. For most of the time I was perfectly happy. Everything changed last week and, oh boy, in which way...

Allow me to start by saying that I work as an IT Security Manager, occasionally doing some gigs as an IT Security Consultant. For that, I use two of my domains that I have hosted in eukhost.

On the Jan 29th my two domains were defaced. My first thought was that it could've been an sql injection or someone using my authentication details. After confirmation that it wasn't neither, I proceeded to starting a service call, so I opened a chat with RonnieV. And here everything started going downhill.

First of all, maybe i'm mistaken but I think the support people used to be British or, at least, English Speakers. Well, the language level of everyone that I spoke with since that interaction with RonnieV was below mediocre. But that would not be a reason, by itself, to be frustrated with the service. It just adds up.

I explained the case to RonnieV, saying that it wasn't an sql injection and that I demanded for them to understand what was exploited on the server since, for all we knew, the server might have a backdoor installed and everything could happen again. I also said that I did the forensic verification of the contents of my homedir and authentication, and it wasn't from there. He said that it wouldn't be of his competence to do that and that he would open a ticket. And so he did, with the following information (which doesn't match *at all* what I said):

Quote:
A new helpdesk ticket has been opened for you with the ID: CEG-34113-412
----

Hello

my domain kernelsecurity.net and securitylabs.co.uk were infected. I am replacing now the infected pages.

I'd like to know what was exploited, which services, and i'd like a real guarantee that it won't happen again.

can you check exactly now what happened? check the ssh and ftp logs that I don't have access to and understand if my accounts were compromised or if it was one of your services that was exploited?

and Provide the server logs how the it will happened.

Thanks

Miguel Azevedo
I didn't request for any logs to be provided, didn't say that anything was infected, but defaced, I had already replaced the pages by then. Well, a panoply of mistakes and errors to which I replied:

Quote:
Good evening,

That wasn't, at all, my request or description.
Please contact me as soon as possible.

Miguel.
And, from there an entire fruitless email discussion.

At this time, I contacted the Billing Executive department in order to handle the refund and cancellation of my account, where I spoke with a Mr. Bryan Oscar who assured me that in 48 hours the source of the problem would be discovered and fixed and that I wouldn't need to move to another company. He asked me to come back in those given 48 hours and we'd speak again.

So I was a bit relieved. Maybe some real investigation was going to be done and I wouldn't pass the hassle of moving to a new company. I was hopeful for a couple of days, but eventually the 48 hours arrived.

I connected to the chat system and spoke with Shawn, who told me that Bryan was out of office and would come back in four hours. And so I waited.

At the time I was beginning to be a bit frustrated, but so I connected to the chat again in four hours, and that was when I spoke with Simon. Simon told me that Bryan wasn't in the office and that he would take 2 or 3 hours to arrive. So I said I'd wait, and Simon said Bryan would take a long time to get out of the meeting (!), and I still waited, and waited, and waited. This was yesterday evening.

This afternoon, I connected again to have the displeasure of speaking with Ashley and Austin. At this point, me already frustrated, I started the conversations with the two at the same time to try to get some truth out of them. In between conflicts of statements (where one said that Bryan was out of the building and the other said he was on a meeting, then, laughably, they both changed their opinions at the same time, making them to disagree again), lies about the status of the service call and rudeness from Ashley (who passed me to a Jack, while I screamed away that no, I didn't want to get passed to any Jack, who disconnected my chat three times and suggested I'd find another company to host my domains - This is a long, long chat, but I'll be more than happy to share it with anyone, if anyone is curious. It's a pearl, I assure you.), they passed me to this Jack guy who was supposed to be the supervisor.

And so he did. Open the call, nothing said, 1 second, disconnects the call.

Again started to speak with Ashley and I demanded the names and emails of the people who were involved in this charade, as well as to speak with Karen (the supposed Team Leader) or Bryan (who clearly didn't want to speak with me). Half an hour later, Ashley disconnects me the call again. So I do the same thing again, and open two conversations with two different Agents. Again, one says that Karen is in a meeting and the other that she's out of the office and she'll be back in three hours.

In the end, I'm just waiting for my refund to move to another company, after giving more than many opportunities to Eukhost to redeem for their sloppy security and system administration.

What happened to this company?
Does the savings in outsourcing the services really compensate for the mediocre service?
Or are the people in charge just getting sloppy?

This is a summary of the email I'll be sending to eukhost management. I feel, after so much time as a eukhost customer, that it's my duty to communicate which kind of services eukhost is offering today and why are they losing customers.

My sad story for any future buyer to think about before subscribing a service in eUKhost.

Hi people

I help run a forum which has many thousand members and a few haters, we started getting denial of service attacks and cheap host told us to look elsewhere. I chatted to a eUKhosting company in their live chat and logged the conversation, I told him we having issue with denial of service and could he offer a package with a level of support that could protect us. He said that this was not a problem and their support team would notice straight away and block their IP's etc etc. he recommended a dedicated linux server which was approx £1000 per year,
£1000 paid our site lasted 7 hours then account suspended due to level of and it has remained like this for 48 hours, they refuse to reinstate site, say they cannot deal with the level of ddos and refuse refund as "company policy says no refunds on dedicated server" even after only 7 hours service.
they suggest having DNS elsewhere ! or taking the site elsewhere, and they keep the £1000!
Their Banner reads "100% customer satisfaction guarenteed" lolol...just so you know we are not satisfied with 7 hours up time for £1k and we want our money back please.
Key

Hi people

I help run a forum which has many thousand members and a few haters, we started getting denial of service attacks and cheap host told us to look elsewhere. I chatted to a eUKhosting company in their live chat and logged the conversation, I told him we having issue with denial of service and could he offer a package with a level of support that could protect us. He said that this was not a problem and their support team would notice straight away and block their IP's etc etc. he recommended a dedicated linux server which was approx £1000 per year,
£1000 paid our site lasted 7 hours then account suspended due to level of and it has remained like this for 48 hours, they refuse to reinstate site, say they cannot deal with the level of ddos and refuse refund as "company policy says no refunds on dedicated server" even after only 7 hours service.
they suggest having DNS elsewhere ! or taking the site elsewhere, and they keep the £1000!
Their Banner reads "100% customer satisfaction guarenteed" lolol...just so you know we are not satisfied with 7 hours up time for £1k and we want our money back please.
Key

That's really rough. I've had some bad experience with hosts and broken promises, but nothing on that level. If they won't refund you directly, there are a couple of steps you can take:

• Request a chargeback from Visa or American Express, or whichever credit card provider you use. If it's legitimate false advertising eg. advertising something which isn't there, you might be able to get the payment charged back to your account.
  • Post about them on Ripoff Report or another consumer website. Most hosts live and die on reviews, and posting that they lied to you will definitely get their attention.

Best of luck. It really sucks to see hosts cheat their customers like this, especially when they claim to actually help people get good service.

eUKost

Hi
thank you for your advice and good wishes, we are a bit stuck as our website is down and they have our money so we really need money back to get site up elsewhere, we paid by paypal incedently.
thank you again for your thoughts.
best wishes

Sponsored Links
Do a claim back from paypal it will cause him some problems explaining his policy to them.

I have a dedicated server with burst.net and get good support from them

Hi
Thank you all for your advice and posts. I pure lost it with them and we exchanged arguements on another forum where they called me a liar - I challenged them then to take legal action against me.
The situation at prsent is they sorted out ddos attacks and did the right thing, we have been up ever since. I wanted to get money back and go elsewhere - most people advised me to do so, but my friend who paid for hosting decided to stay lolol.
thank you all again
Key

Hi
Further to my posts I received this in my inbox.....
Dear Keymaster,

Many thanks for adding your contribution to Review Centre.

Following a letter we have received from solicitors representing EUKHost.com we have taken the action to remove your review from our site pending verification.

We are sorry for this inconvenience but as publishers of your review we do have certain legal responsibilities. If you wish for your review to be reinstated to the site we will require a couple of things from you.

Firstly we need your contact details. These are just for our records and will not be passed to anyone else. Secondly, we will require evidence of your custom with EUKHost.com and specific claims that you have made in your review. I have included a copy of this below.

Again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Your review
These guys are unbelievably bad - AVOID like the plague. we told the sales guy we were experiencing denial of service attacks with our other much cheaper hosting and we needed a host who could block these attacks, saleman said they could do this no problem, he advised we needed dedicated server annual payment including set up was about £1000, we lasted 7 hours...yes seven hours and we got our account suspended, they will not put our site back up and despite their initial promises and their website banner saying "100% satisfaction guarenteed" will not give us our money back.
£1000 for 7 hours hosting ! we ARE NOT satisfied, give us our money back - you know you should

sounds pretty messed up, out of curiosity what is it you host? kinda strange that your getting DoS attacked, must be a reason for it, tho it depends on what you host.

still the fees for the setup are stupidly high, at most lve only seen $100 setup fees then again me and my friend have always hosted with companies that seem to be US based (even tho the servers might be in the netherlands or something).

tho being suspended after a 7 hours after paying £1000 seems over the top regardless of how you look at it, lm surprised they didnt null route the attack.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes, if a single IP is shared between several website domains (e.g. shared hosting or a weak VPS solution), then your site can end up being indirectly hit by a DDoS that is meant for somebody else. Of course I don't know the background to this case so..

Firstly we need your contact details. These are just for our records and will not be passed to anyone else. Secondly, we will require evidence of your custom with EUKHost.com and specific claims that you have made in your review. I have included a copy of this below.
Since they emailed you it would appear that ReviewCentre already has your contact details and they haven't specified anything else, which is odd. I'm not sure why they want the hassle of holding sensitive name, phone or address details either because that would add a legal nightmare to secure as required by the law. It doesn't help identify people anyway, at least not without abusing the information or privacy laws.

However the actual request for evidence of custom is quite normal. We do something similar ourselves when attempting to check the validity of suspected fake reviews. Just send them some emails between you and eUK's support department or screenshots.

Hi
if I am not a customer but a competitor and I am making this up, as they claim, why would they have emailed me this?

thanks
Key

They probably want to supress as much negative publicity as possible, which is sadly quite normal behaviour for commercial firms.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules